Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 ES GM's Mock Draft....done...

COWBOY-KILLA-

So close yet so far away. 7 picks.   @Owls0325 has been sent a PM. Also, I have Miami's pick from SIP. Will make it if comes up. Should be done tomorrow for sure. 

A few statistics - they will change but not by much. 

But first, a special shout out to the Commish - @COWBOY-KILLA-  Kept things going at a great paces and kept the OP up which I know first hand how much of a pain in ass that is... 🙂  Also, thanks to everyone who posted next GMs. It helps so much. 

96 different Universities represented. For reference we had 106 Universities represented last year. Also, last year it took 27 days to complete the draft. This year assuming we finish tomorrow it will have been 15 short days. 

Great job all!!!  Fun as always!  Really good group this year. Now we wait for the real draft. 

Here are the top schools in terms of players drafted for the last two years. Was a bit more top heavy this year than most. 

2020 Mock Draft                                        

image.png.19e0adf77da961e5c13e475ac6ab1ff9.png

2019 Mock Draft 

image.png.7ff68aa4346e3a2afdbe482ca0870003.png

2 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Anyone interested in doing an ES Mock Draft 2.0?

That would be ambitious to say the least. You have 20 days if you star now. May be able to if everyone stays shut in. 

What the hell, if you get enough I could be in. You may want to limit times - could be a good way to test that. 

Are you volunteering to be Commish? 

I can be commish again with no problems but I would definitely suggest a much shorter time limit per pick, like significantly shorter...And if you dont make a pick and dont have lists sent, the pick is chosen for you. Depending on who signs up we can all agree on what those pick times can be.

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That would be ambitious to say the least. You have 20 days if you star now. May be able to if everyone stays shut in. 

What the hell, if you get enough I could be in. You may want to limit times - could be a good way to test that. 

Are you volunteering to be Commish? 

My wife would murder me if I put in a quarter of the effort you and CK have.

With the 250th pick in the 2020 ES Mock Draft, the Houston Texans select: Simon Stepaniak, OL Indiana

With the 251st pick in the 2020 ES Mock Draft, the Miami Dolphins select: Jacob Breeland, TE Oregon

@KillBill26 and the Broncos are on the clock

@PartyPosse and the Vikings are on deck

@KillBill26 and the Broncos are in the wings

And with Mr. Irrelevant @Redskins Reparations and the Giants are in the wings with the final pick of the 2020 ES Mock Draft!!!! 

9 minutes ago, Owls0325 said:

Jags select Brandon Mann P Texas A&M

Top punter in the draft...  🙂   

8 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Anyone interested in doing an ES Mock Draft 2.0?

Raiders are in if we proceed. Tennessee is shut down until the end of April. I have some time on my hands. We do not need 32 separate GM's either. We've already done the legwork regarding prospects.

6 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Raiders are in if we proceed. Tennessee is shut down until the end of April. I have some time on my hands. We do not need 32 separate GM's either. We've already done the legwork regarding prospects.

Yea, we could all take 2 or maybe 3 teams. Probably not enough people that want to go again anyway. 

We can do a shorter time but need to be careful. One thing we could do is have everyone create and provide an email address that they forward notifications to their phone. We can send emails when you are on the clock. I thought about that for this one but not till it was too late. We did good only really losing 1 GM as a no show. Just a thought. 

Miami Dolphins' haul in this draft

1. (2): Joe Burrow LSU, QB

1.  (18) CJ Henderson, Florida, CB

1. (26) Patrick Queen, LSU, LB

2. (39) Lucas Niang (TCU), OT

3. (73)  Adam Trautman, Dayton, TE 

4. (141) Jack Driscoll, Auburn, OT

5. (153) K'von Wallace, Clemson, S

5. (154) Darrell Taylor, Tennessee, Edge

5. (173) Eno Benjamin, Arizona State RB

6. (185) Collin Johnson, Texas, WR

7. (223) Geno Stone, Iowa, S

7. (227) Dane Jackson, Pitt, CB

7. (246) Quartney Davis, Texas A & M, WR

7. (251) Jacob Breeland, Oregon, TE

With this haul guaranteed SB.  😁

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dolphins at 60:1 to win the Sb, all in with gm Sip. That 5th round will earn Sip a lot of ES draft points... that 7th round may break the system. 

21 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Dolphins at 60:1 to win the Sb, all in with gm Sip. That 5th round will earn Sip a lot of ES draft points... that 7th round may break the system. 

That was a fun exercise for me.  Shows the value of just stacking picks, including mid-rounders.  The 3rd-5th round to me is looking insane this year. 

@Skinsinparadise with 4 picks before the Bills had one - and then an additional 10. What an opportunity to Miami... something I’ve wanted Washington to do for years. 

Smith shouldn’t be here, Kirk & Trent should have been traded, rather than drafting Allen we should have traded back with NO & added an extra first in the following draft, then traded that first for later selections and a first in a later draft...and we should have taken Derwin. All obvious when it needed to be, but ....Bruce. We could have 5 firsts in this insane draft class if we had the slightest bit of foresight. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

That was a fun exercise for me.  

EA63DFA6-91B6-48EC-8C2F-D65B5F66A6E3.gif

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I love watching Geno Stone play!  He is a bit undersized for safety but plays oversized!  I think he will be a monster on special teams...

13 minutes ago, volsmet said:

@Skinsinparadise with 4 picks before the Bills had one - and then an additional 10. What an opportunity to Miami... something I’ve wanted Washington to do for years. 

Smith shouldn’t be here, Kirk & Trent should have been traded, rather than drafting Allen we should have traded back with NO & added an extra first in the following draft, then traded that first for later selections and a first in a later draft...and we should have taken Derwin. All obvious when it needed to be, but ....Bruce. We could have 5 firsts in this insane draft class if we had the slightest bit of foresight. 

Mike Jones got right from the horses mouth SF would have traded their first (2nd pick in the draft that year for Kirk.) Another reporter said SF would have traded multiple high picks if not the first for Kirk.  Trent according to multiple reporters could have gotten a first even the two naysayer reporters on that admitted they could have gotten at least a 2nd.

Laconfora said the Ravens wanted to trade for Kerrigan before the trading deadline last year.

We've given up a zillion draft picks under Dan.  Some said that changed under Bruce.  The truth is not really.  If my math is right they gave up  Three 2nd round picks.  Three first round picks. Three three round picks and a 4th rounder under Bruce.

We've done it the reverse way under Dan.  We give up mountains of picks.  And either hold onto our assets until they are worthless or get peanuts for them.  We haven't even obtained as high as a third rounder for a Redskins player in the last 20 years if my math is correct.  That's insane.  Some wonder why the Redskins have been bad -- this is a big chapter of it.

Scot McLoughan had a checkered draft history here.  But IMO he had the right mindset as to changing the culture as to dealing with personnel.  I like the emphasis of the trenches.  And he wanted to stockpile picks.  An underrated aspect of the 2016 draft was he traded down multiple times to actually accumulate 2017 draft capital.  He landed three additional 2017 picks by trading down in 2016.  Talk about operating different.

I like Kyle Smith.  So hopefully this stuff changes.  Because doing the Dolphins draft, I could do whatever the heck I want.  I loaded up on the trenches.  I added weapons.  I added pass rush.  I added a lot to the secondary.    Loading up on young cheap talent is the way to go. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Jones got right from the horses mouth SF would have traded their first (2nd pick in the draft that year for Kirk.) Another reporter said SF would have traded multiple high picks if not the first for Kirk.  Trent according to multiple reporters could have gotten a first even the two naysayer reporters on that admitted they could have gotten at least a 2nd.

Laconfora said the Ravens wanted to trade for Kerrigan before the trading deadline last year.

We've given up a zillion draft picks under Dan.  Some said that changed under Bruce.  The truth is not really.  If my math is right they gave up  Three 2nd round picks.  Three first round picks. Three three round picks and a 4th rounder under Bruce.

We've done it the reverse way under Dan.  We give up mountains of picks.  And either hold onto our assets until they are worthless or get peanuts for them.  We haven't even obtained as high as a third rounder for a Redskins player in the last 20 years if my math is correct.  That's insane.  Some wonder why the Redskins have been bad -- this is a big chapter of it.

Scot McLoughan had a checkered draft history here.  But IMO he had the right mindset as to changing the culture as to deal with personnel.  I like the emphasis of the trenches.  And he wanted to stockpile picks.  And underrated aspect of the 2016 draft was he traded down multiple times to actually accumulate 2017 draft capital.  He landed three additional 2017 picks by trading down in 2016.  Talk about operating different.

I like Kyle Smith.  So hopefully this stuff changes.  Because doing the Dolphins draft, I could do whatever the heck I want.  I loaded up on the trenches.  I added weapons.  I added pass rush.  I added a lot to the secondary.    Loading up on young cheap talent is the way to go. 

This post just hurts my soul...

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

11DB1442-66FF-40C6-8883-408EA2D72849.gif

Archived