Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 ES GM's Mock Draft....done...

COWBOY-KILLA-

I'm still far away from having a functional database to even apply scoring to, so everything is up for debate and suggestion.

This is the layout currently, complete as far as ES Mock results and the NFL drafts that followed 2016-2020. I'm hoping there's a way to import each player's yearly info, so I don't have to go line-by-line:

image.thumb.png.f93eeb397f195676a0c7c8148b2e0d7d.png

Here's the most recent version of the scoring, again very much open to adjustments:

image.thumb.png.53c03e51534c4bcbaac9173c7f3b01ad.png

A - starting point for the scoring. ES Mock overall - NFL draft overall gets +/- starting point

B - based on round player is taken in Mock determines which point line applies

C - negative points for Mock player undrafted by NFL team, with stagger for bigger loss for earlier pick of UDFA player (3rd round is highest UDFA so far)

D - points for picking player at same overall spot as NFL team

E - points for picking same player as NFL team, any pick overall

F - self-explanatory, harder to win, higher value

G - group of winners, lower value

H - same as ROY

I - same as All-Rookie, 2nd team All-Pro could also be included

J - popularity contest, less valuable, but still notable

K - not sure here, just put a range to give an idea

L - better odds per player with it being only 2 teams (~1/100 chance for any player)

M - number x total games

N - same as league MVP

I also included OUR undrafted FA (players taken in the draft, but not in the Mock) just to see who we all missed out on:

image.png.2a18a1ca4b5db823b123429420bfc5aa.png

I still have to add the info for colleges, but that'll move quickly, then include yearly info, like the others.

13 hours ago, volsmet said:

Pff and nfl.com all rookie teams preferably...

Points for making a 53 man roster are a must in any grading, imo.

An "official source" can be decided and used. I went with AP because I found it first. Whichever works best.

The other suggestions you made can be decided by the group. I'm just setting it up so somebody else can knock it down. haha

As far as points for making the 53, I hadn't considered. I just took for granted, since getting points to begin with implies having made the roster, to me at least. Could "games played" be substituted for this?

57 minutes ago, skinfan57 said:

@tibbidoe Your scoring project looks awesome. It will be interesting to see how our mock has done over the years.

Do you think making a practice squad would be worth a few points?   

Thanks. I'm hoping it turns out well. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of the different details this may include.

PS players would be pretty involved just to track, since some guys are literally signed and cut within days. We'd have to decide a way to do that, but it could be an an interesting addition.

If we could get the ES community (or just the GMs for the Mocks) to 'Wikipedia' this thing and have a group of people pulling the info together, I'm sure it could be a lot more in-depth than what I'm able to do with it. lol Between making sure I haven't already made mistakes and getting everything else updated, volunteers are more than welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally compiled the results using the scoring algorithm that I've used in the past.  The excel file can be viewed here:  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vejss3yt2wzg5y8/FinalResults2020.xlsx?dl=0

Sheet 1 is ordered by mock team and has a description of how the results are calculated. Sheet 2 displays the results in order of the best scores. The results from Sheet 2 are below.

Results.thumb.png.a9c02c3b7813f671de543331cd2441ac.png

Okay, so I'm still working on this, but I'd like to get some feedback. Has been slow with work and laptop problems.

NOTES:

I still haven't gotten to add the awards totals (Pro Bow, All-Pro, etc), but I like the breakdown that it'll have (ID PB/AP teams made as a rookie AND the total for careers).

The 'sources' sheet shows what awards and whatnot I've been able to track down. Some may not prefer the AP, so if anyone can get the missing years, I can use PFF. I don't mind, personally.

I'll still need to go back and verify the info once everything is added, but what do we think about the formatting, scoring, blah blah blah? This has been a group effort for years, so I hope everyone will throw out any opinions and make this as complete and suitable to as many as possible.

ES GMs Mock Draft Results (2015-2020)

• 8 months later...
29 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Wow, the Broncos got AJ Terrell in the mid 2nd and Michael Pittman in the mid 3rd!  I don't know how their charming, handsome mock GM didn't get an interview for the Redskins GM this week.  😎

Same. The haul I got for the Chargers should be automatic hire stuff.

1 minute ago, Redskins Reparations said:

@KillBill26 and @KDawg could you all post your 2020 draft class?

2020 ES Mock Draft - Los Angeles Chargers

Round 1: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State

Round 2: Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

Round 3: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, App. State

Round 4: Matt Peart, OT, UConn

Round 5: Cameron Clark, G, Charlotte

Round 6: James Robinson, RB, Illinois State

Round 7: Trishton Jackson, WR, Syracuse

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

2020 ES Mock Draft - Los Angeles Chargers

Round 1: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State

Round 2: Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

Round 3: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, App. State

Round 4: Matt Peart, OT, UConn

Round 5: Cameron Clark, G, Charlotte

Round 6: James Robinson, RB, Illinois State

Round 7: Trishton Jackson, WR, Syracuse

You selected Murray right after I had selected Solomon Kindley which was complete amateur hour on my part.

For the record...I did state that I would target Kamren Curl as my #1 UDFA.

43 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

@KillBill26 and @KDawg could you all post your 2020 draft class?

Rd 1.  #15.  Jerry Jeudy.   Wr.  Bama

Rd 2.  #46.  AJ Terrell.      Cb.  Clemson

Rd 3.  #77.   Matt Hennessy.  C  Temple

Rd 3.  #83.  Michael Pittman.  WR USC

Rd 3.  #95.  Josh Uche.     Edge  Michigan

Rd 4.  #118  Jonah Jackson.  OL. Ohio St

Rd 5.   #178. Shaq Quarterman    LB. Miami

Rd 6.   #181.  Charlie Heck.      OT.   UNC

Rd 7.   #237.   Stanford Samuels. CB.  FSU

Rd 7.   #252.  Terrance Steele.  OT. Texas Tech

Rd 7.   #254.   Robert Landers.  DL. Ohio St

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

You selected Murray right after I had selected Solomon Kindley which was complete amateur hour on my part.

For the record...I did state that I would target Kamren Curl as my #1 UDFA.

I wouldn’t admit the first paragraph out loud... :ols:

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

Rd 1.  #15.  Jerry Jeudy.   Wr.  Bama

Rd 2.  #46.  AJ Terrell.      Cb.  Clemson

Rd 3.  #77.   Matt Hennessy.  C  Temple

Rd 3.  #83.  Michael Pittman.  WR USC

Rd 3.  #95.  Josh Uche.     Edge  Michigan

Rd 4.  #118  Jonah Jackson.  OL. Ohio St

Rd 5.   #178. Shaq Quarterman    LB. Miami

Rd 6.   #181.  Charlie Heck.      OT.   UNC

Rd 7.   #237.   Stanford Samuels. CB.  FSU

Rd 7.   #252.  Terrance Steele.  OT. Texas Tech

Rd 7.   #254.   Robert Landers.  DL. Ohio St

Not bad for having 375 draft picks! :ols:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 2:12 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

Didn’t a poster state they would manage this years mock?  I also remember a member suggesting the manager would also have rights to the Football Teams draft.

I think so but cannot remember who? If there are no takers, we had a nice run and what a great group of guys. It'd be nice if we can go again and @Gibbs Hog Heaven could perhaps return to the mix too. I'm not sure if I can yet but maybe.

6 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I think so but cannot remember who? If there are no takers, we had a nice run and what a great group of guys. It'd be nice if we can go again and @Gibbs Hog Heaven could perhaps return to the mix too. I'm not sure if I can yet but maybe.

I am sure we will get it going again. It's a bit early but it is getting close. We started this thread last Feb 24th. It typically takes a week or so to decide who will be Commish then that person starts the new thread. Then they get team GM commitments. 

Last years commish was also the GM for Washington. I am not adverse to that if that's what the majority wants. 

I could get it started but cannot be the commish and help the new commish get started if they are truly new - not someone who has done it before as they would not need any help. I took my turn, although drafting for Washington this year is enticing 🙂 

Would love to have @Gibbs Hog Heaven back and @Epochalypse too along with some others. I am sure we will have some losses. 

I too hope it happens again. We have had a really nice group of people every time. Maybe we can get one of the women on the board to play along - @skinsmarydu @LadySkinsFan any interest in trying your hand a GM? If you know any other women on the board ask them too. 

26 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like that :ols:, but thanks for asking! 

The unspoken truth is so are most of us...  🙂  We just talk like we know what we are doing lol    Let us know if you change your mind. If can be fun. 

19 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'll follow along this year and see if it's something I want to do. I'm not really good at this part of the game.

Sounds good. We have a good time. It's all about bragging rights. We don't do awards and there is no winner. It does help you be better prepared for the real draft. You have seen and heard many more of the names when they come up. 

So follow along and see if it may interest you. There will likely be a chance to jump in mid draft as we almost always lose someone due to real life getting in the way. That might be a good way to get your feet wet. 

Archived