Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 ES GM's Mock Draft....done...

COWBOY-KILLA-

With the 243rd pick in the ES draft and their ninth and final selection we are taking a swing on potential over proven ability with this small school prospect.  Initially we think he can contribute on special teams and as an extra blocker in the run game but the long term upside is there thanks to his freakish athleticism.  The Cincinnati Bengals select;

Matthew Wilkerson, TE Edward Waters

Matthew Wilkerson, TE, Edward Waters 
Wilkerson is a small-school sleeper who has generated some buzz in the scouting community. For Edwards Waters, Wilkerson showed off a good skill set and played both ways at tight end and defensive end. The buzz is the 6-foot-6, 270-pounder has good quickness and athleticism to go along with his excellent size. It sounds like Wilkerson will compete at tight end for the NFL. If Wilkerson has a strong performance in an all-star game, he could really rise in the leadup to the 2020 NFL Draft.

C1CB98F4-E036-4052-86E7-462DE1D8F9FB.jpeg

2 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

With the 243rd pick in the ES draft and their ninth and final selection we are taking a swing on potential over proven ability with this small school prospect.  Initially we think he can contribute on special teams and as an extra blocker in the run game but the long term upside is there thanks to his freakish athleticism.  The Cincinnati Bengals select;

Matthew Wilkerson, TE Edward Waters

Matthew Wilkerson, TE, Edward Waters 
Wilkerson is a small-school sleeper who has generated some buzz in the scouting community. For Edwards Waters, Wilkerson showed off a good skill set and played both ways at tight end and defensive end. The buzz is the 6-foot-6, 270-pounder has good quickness and athleticism to go along with his excellent size. It sounds like Wilkerson will compete at tight end for the NFL. If Wilkerson has a strong performance in an all-star game, he could really rise in the leadup to the 2020 NFL Draft.

Did you just draft Matthew Wilkerson, Edward Waters, or both 🤔

Just now, PokerPacker said:

overrated.

I have no idea what this means.

45 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

In fairness, thanks to the virus and having a really good group - with a little prodding - this has gone exponentially faster than other years. 

Last year at this time - end of Thursday April 11 - we were at pick #141.  We finished 11 days later on April 22nd. So we are blistering it. But would be nice to get it done. 

Since it’s my first draft, it’s not wrong of me to say it’s the slowest draft I’ve ever been a part of so everything else you said is moot.

1 minute ago, duffy said:

It's just a very long name. Like John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. 

His name is my name too!

With the 244th pick in the 2020 ES Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns take with their final selection, Jared Mayden - S - Alabama

image.png.23ce8cc59e3d75f56233092bd59b92c0.png

Mayden's been mostly a reserve player until this past season when he became a starting safety.  Has lined up at every position on the backend so brings some versatility.  Good hitter, good communicator and good anticipation skills but not considered rangy.  Lined up mostly at CB at the Senior Bowl and showed off CB speed.  Has value in certain sub-packages since he can play both safety spots and cover the slot.  

37 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

His name is my name too!

Is it true that whenever you go out, the people always shout?  

Happened to me once walking into a house party.  Ain’t gonna lie, it felt pretty good.    

52 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I like Mayden. I don’t know what he’s capable of. But he’s a guy who could be better than people think.

Yeah he's one of those curious cases.  Has talent, does a lot of things well but isn't great at anything.  He'll have to make it on ST, which surprisingly he wasn't a core ST player at Bama which you would think he would of been.  He's less of a project though then a lot of the safeties in this class.

Packers draft results:

1 30 30  Jordan Love    QB
2 30 62  Brandon Aiyuk  WR
3 30 94  Ben Bartch     OT
4 30 136 Marcus Bailey  LB
5 29 175 Keith Ishmael  OL
6 12 192 Josaih Coatney DL
6 28 208 Lamical Perine RB               
6 29 209 Joe Bachie     LB
7 21 236 Jacob Knipp    QB
7 27 242 Rashod Berry   TE/DE

Needs filled
________________________________________________________________________________________
Aaron Rodgers Heir Apparent: Love is my first horse, but I added in a late round flier on a second guy who seemed like he might have the tools it takes to succeed, but has flown under the radar.  QB scouting is a crap-shoot, so why not spend a luxury pick on a second?

Stop The Run: Marcus Bailey will hopefully be a 3-down LB that will, among other things, help stop the run.  Josiah Coatney is a two-gapping DL that I am hoping can help clog the middle.  And finally Joe Bachie I see as an early-down LB who's primary focus will be stopping the run.

Protect the QB: Bulaga is gone.  Veldeer hasn't been re-signed.  Enter Ben Bartch, who I anticipate to start at RT, at least next season.  He may project as a Guard in the future, but right now he's needed at Tackle until we can get another candidate.  Kieth Ishmael I expect will be the primary backup at all three interior positions, though I won't rule out the possibility of him competing for a spot at Guard.  In the future, he may be the starting Center if Corey Linsley walks next season, or maybe he could take over at LG allowing Elgton Jenkins to take Center.

Improve the passing game: Packers didn't have anyone who could reasonably be considered a #2 receiver behind Adams.  I expect Aiyuk to be that player.  With a true #2 to go with a true #1, it could open up some space for all the #3s to make plays.

Pure Luxury picks: Lamical Perine seemed like a good value at the tail end of the 6th.  I'm not depending on his productivity, but it could help the team's contract negotiations with Aaron Jones, or at least make it so a high pick on an RB isn't necessary next year if he pans out.  And Rashod Berry was just an interesting prospect with the ability to play on both sides of the ball.  I like his ability to block as a TE and might be able to get some opportunities in Big formations.  Put him and Marcedes Lewis up on the line for some extra push in the run game, or maybe get the ball in their hands on a play-action.

To be honest, I'll be somewhat surprised if my seventh round picks get drafted, but hey, you gotta live a little.

11 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Packers draft results:

1 30 30  Jordan Love    QB
2 30 62  Brandon Aiyuk  WR
3 30 94  Ben Bartch     OT
4 30 136 Marcus Bailey  LB
5 29 175 Keith Ishmael  OL
6 12 192 Josaih Coatney DL
6 28 208 Lamical Perine RB               
6 29 209 Joe Bachie     LB
7 21 236 Jacob Knipp    QB
7 27 242 Rashod Berry   TE/DE

Needs filled
________________________________________________________________________________________
Aaron Rodgers Heir Apparent: Love is my first horse, but I added in a late round flier on a second guy who seemed like he might have the tools it takes to succeed, but has flown under the radar.  QB scouting is a crap-shoot, so why not spend a luxury pick on a second?

Stop The Run: Marcus Bailey will hopefully be a 3-down LB that will, among other things, help stop the run.  Josiah Coatney is a two-gapping DL that I am hoping can help clog the middle.  And finally Joe Bachie I see as an early-down LB who's primary focus will be stopping the run.

Protect the QB: Bulaga is gone.  Veldeer hasn't been re-signed.  Enter Ben Bartch, who I anticipate to start at RT, at least next season.  He may project as a Guard in the future, but right now he's needed at Tackle until we can get another candidate.  Kieth Ishmael I expect will be the primary backup at all three interior positions, though I won't rule out the possibility of him competing for a spot at Guard.  In the future, he may be the starting Center if Corey Linsley walks next season, or maybe he could take over at LG allowing Elgton Jenkins to take Center.

Improve the passing game: Packers didn't have anyone who could reasonably be considered a #2 receiver behind Adams.  I expect Aiyuk to be that player.  With a true #2 to go with a true #1, it could open up some space for all the #3s to make plays.

Pure Luxury picks: Lamical Perine seemed like a good value at the tail end of the 6th.  I'm not depending on his productivity, but it could help the team's contract negotiations with Aaron Jones, or at least make it so a high pick on an RB isn't necessary next year if he pans out.  And Rashod Berry was just an interesting prospect with the ability to play on both sides of the ball.  I like his ability to block as a TE and might be able to get some opportunities in Big formations.  Put him and Marcedes Lewis up on the line for some extra push in the run game, or maybe get the ball in their hands on a play-action.

To be honest, I'll be somewhat surprised if my seventh round picks get drafted, but hey, you gotta live a little.

Love Bartch, tried to take him from you, did not succeed. Heck of a draft for the Packers. 

Browns draft results:

1 10 Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

2 33 Erza Cleveland OT Boise State

3 74 Malik Harrison LB Ohio State

4 115 Antonio Gibson WR/RB Memphis

6 174 Khalid Kareem DL Notre Dame

7 244 Jared Mayden S Alabama

Ended up with only 6 picks but took care of the Browns biggest need at LT with Erza Cleveland who should be a day 1 starter and I think has a chance to be really good.

Kinlaw, Harrison and Kareem help beef up the Browns front 7 against the run and adds some interior pressure to go with the outside pressure they have with Garrett and Vernon.

The Browns are pretty solid with offensive skill players, but Gibson adds more speed either playing wide or lined up in the backfield.  Also brings KR skills.

Mayden should be able to make a 53 and be a good reserve player in the secondary as long he can contribute on ST.

Would have liked to have done more at safety but the board didn't fall my way. The Browns picked up Karl Joseph and a guy from the Vikings so they've got some experience there.  Plus I think they're still in the mix for Anthony Harris who the Vikings likely don't want to pay the franchise tag money.  Don't think they'll have the cap space to.

2 minutes ago, drowland said:

Browns draft results:

1 10 Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

2 33 Erza Cleveland OT Boise State

3 74 Malik Harrison LB Ohio State

4 114 Antonio Gibson WR/RB Memphis

6 174 Khalid Kareem DL Notre Dame

7 244 Jared Mayden S Alabama

Ended up with only 6 picks but took care of the Browns biggest need at LT with Erza Cleveland who should be a day 1 starter and I think has a chance to be really good.

Kinlaw, Harrison and Kareem help beef up the Browns front 7 against the run and adds some interior pressure to go with the outside pressure they have with Garrett and Vernon.

The Browns are pretty solid with offensive skill players, but Gibson adds more speed either playing wide or lined up in the backfield.  Also brings KR skills.

Mayden should be able to make a 53 and be a good reserve player in the secondary as long he can contribute on ST.

Would have liked to have done more at safety but the board didn't fall my way. The Browns picked up Karl Joseph and a guy from the Vikings so they've got some experience there.  Plus I think they're still in the mix for Anthony Harris who the Vikings likely don't want to pay the franchise tag money.  Don't think they'll have the cap space to.

Kinlaw is one of the most terrifying humans ever created. 

Archived