joeken24

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

This doesn't happen if the redskins handle the trent Williams problem correctly. 

 

Ah well. 

Why? Because we'd still be saddled with Bruce Allen as our GM and maybe Jay Gruden as our head coach1? Then Dunbar wouldn't have to feel bad about losing his BFFs?

 

This isn't related to Trent Williams because there's nobody left in the front office for it to be related to. I wouldn't believe for a second that Dunbar would walk into Rivera's office and say "You replaced a terrible staff that mishandled another players and deserved to be fired. This upsets me and I want to be traded."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, goskins10 said:

 

You of course missed anything of relevance to my comment - hence your unnecessary snark. And let's keep this to things I actually said - I never said I thought he had any kind of leverage. Never was in the conversation. You added that. It should actually be clear i believe the Redskins have leverage. 

 

Not all people in a contract year play great. In fairness maybe saying he might play like crap was more descriptive than I wanted but it would not be the first time someone pouted. Or he could very well get injured since he has yet to play a full season - or since he knows he has injury issues play to keep from getting injured.

 

But let's put that all aside. Let's just for argument say he wants to play his ass off, I still do not want to keep someone who does not want to be there. 

 

 

Now this seems to be moot since it looks like he has either walked it back or was misquoted. I ignored one of my own rules of not making any proclamations until I see all the information. So if it's true he was not demanding a trade or new contract, my hope is he and Ron can come to agreement. But if he is really in a trade me or give me some kind of huge contract then I want him gone - contract year or not. 

 

It is a good early test for this FO. It will be interesting to see what they do. 

 

 

Seems within 24 hours what I said looks to be true. With just a little fan pressure he's already walked it back and just about ready to be the good soldier. If Rivera wants him looks like it will be settled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

 

 

Be nice to see a media controversy for once. Keim is in his feelings for sure. Doc made a phone call and heard from the horses mouth. I wonder who Keim's source is? The problem with Keim still having a source speaks to the Redskins still having leaks. Or he may have spoken directly to the agent (whoever that is). Hopefully, it was the agent or the agents assistant or something along those lines. I want all weasels gone from this organization as soon as possible. BTW, anyone heard from Cooley?

Edited by joeken24
add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pay the man.

 

Quality CBs don't drop out of the sky and you need at least 3. Can't have this magical roster with everyone on a rookie contract.

 

If its a gamble then its a gamble.

 

Win some lose some, let's go.

 

(I didn't post this if he gets hurt again)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Pay the man.

 

Quality CBs don't drop out of the sky and you need at least 3. Can't have this magical roster with everyone on a rookie contract.

 

If its a gamble then its a gamble.

 

Win some lose some, let's go.

 

 

Nope...officially on record now. All fixed.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Seems within 24 hours what I said looks to be true. With just a little fan pressure he's already walked it back and just about ready to be the good soldier. If Rivera wants him looks like it will be settled

 

You said play him and force it. The team has not had time to do that. Also Kiem could have misunderstood or misrepresented to get clicks. Says he would not do that but it would not be the first time a journalist has done that - in general I have no problem with Kiem. He seems pretty straight but these guys are not perfect. 

 

Regardless, I stand by if he really wants out and you can get a 3rd take it and move on - which was the point from the beginning. Contract year or not I do not want a guy who is openly unhappy on the team. It looks like that is not really the truth. But if it is, and you can get a 3rd, it is in fact worth more than a possible 3rd comp - although I doubt you get more than 4th - as just to start with a 3rd comp is at the end of the actual 3rd, and that's if you even get a 3rd rd comp. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no problem with the Redskins signing Dunbar to an extension this offseason, as long as his 2020 salary of 3.25 mil is taken into account. If they want to tack on 3 more years at his market rate to arrive at what the overall extension is worth, great.   And I don't buy he is a 15 mil per yr kinda guy as some of these figures being thrown around suggest ( 4 yrs 60 mil is a bit much for him). He is 28, but doesn't have as impressive of a resume you would expect for a 28 year old.  And the injury history.  If he wants to point to his pff grade in 2019, I'd counter with pointing to his games missed in 2019 ( I don't buy it's the trainers/medical staffs fault).  But let's say his aav is 11 mil, and we tack on 3 more years:

 

2020 @ 3.25

3 more years at 11 per

 

That's a 4 year, 36 mil extension.  Give him 15 - 18 guaranteed.  He gets to sign his deal before the cba expires, at a generous rate based on his injury history and short resume, and everyone is happy.

 

If he wants more than that, let him play out 2020 and walk, unless someone gives us a 3rd or better for 2020, or a 2nd or better in 2021.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I have no problem with the Redskins signing Dunbar to an extension this offseason, as long as his 2020 salary of 3.25 mil is taken into account. If they want to tack on 3 more years at his market rate to arrive at what the overall extension is worth, great.   And I don't buy he is a 15 mil per yr kinda guy as some of these figures being thrown around suggest ( 4 yrs 60 mil is a bit much for him). He is 28, but doesn't have as impressive of a resume you would expect for a 28 year old.  And the injury history.  If he wants to point to his pff grade in 2019, I'd counter with pointing to his games missed in 2019 ( I don't buy it's the trainers/medical staffs fault).  But let's say his aav is 11 mil, and we tack on 3 more years:

 

2020 @ 3.25

3 more years at 11 per

 

That's a 4 year, 36 mil extension.  Give him 15 - 18 guaranteed.  He gets to sign his deal before the cba expires, at a generous rate based on his injury history and short resume, and everyone is happy.

 

You certainly factor in the injury history, but I think Dunbar could get and stay healthy, potentially. He has had a bunch of soft tissue injuries. The nerve injury was a real thing, but how much of our secondary had Redskins-ITIS last year. When we were tanking for Chase, literally none of our starting CB's or safeties were starting. They were all out, or on IR. And, I get it. Why come back and play injured for a team that sucks and isn't going anywhere. On the other hand, I think that if we were leading the division and getting ready for a deep playoff run, that a lot of those guys could have been playing. 


I think with a better team, a potentially dominant front, a new training staff, and a competent DC, we could see Dunbar stay healthy and take his game to an even higher level next year. I'd like to see us lock him up right now. A four year contract that is a notch below top CB money and factors in his low 2020 salary should get the deal done. Maybe 4 years, 40 million, with a significant guaranteed portion. I think Dunbar would outperform that contract. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

When we were tanking for Chase, literally none of our starting CB's or safeties were starting. They were all out, or on IR. And, I get it. Why come back and play injured for a team that sucks and isn't going anywhere. On the other hand, I think that if we were leading the division and getting ready for a deep playoff run, that a lot of those guys could have been playing. 


I'd like to see us lock him up right now. A four year contract that is a notch below top CB money and factors in his low 2020 salary should get the deal done. Maybe 4 years, 40 million, with a significant guaranteed portion. I think Dunbar would outperform that contract. 

I'd be ok with 4 yr 40 mil, or something in that ballpark, but I don't want the to give 4 yr 60 mil or in that ballpark.  Maybe the deal that gets done is somewhere in between those two parameters. 

 

And I agree with you on both points: 1. A team that is not going anywhere is more inclined to put a player with any nagging injury on ir, where a team in contention would just have him play thru it.  2.  I would hope Dunbar and the secondary as a whole would be better with an improved front 7.  But if his camp is going off his pff ranking, or a similar metric, and are also using the argument that he did well even tho there wasn't much around him in 2019 on a 3-13 team, I'm afraid that combo might lead to unrealistic demands that I hope the Redskins don't give in to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, sportjunkie07 said:

This doesn't happen if the redskins handle the trent Williams problem correctly. 

 

Ah well. 

 

What would have been the correct way to handle the "Trent Williams problem" that would have dissuaded Dunbar from requesting to be traded or released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

 

What would have been the correct way to handle the "Trent Williams problem" that would have dissuaded Dunbar from requesting to be traded or released?

 

Leaving out the second half of your sentence, the correct way to handle it would have been to trade Trent for what would now be Cleveland's 10th pick in the draft. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

 

Leaving out the second half of your sentence, the correct way to handle it would have been to trade Trent for what would now be Cleveland's 10th pick in the draft. 

 

The 2nd half of my sentence was why I posted, though lol...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not convinced Dunbar is worth 10mil+ p/y 

 

I’d be inclined to just make the offer to fully guarantee his 2020 salary. If that’s not enough, look for a trade.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 9:48 PM, goskins10 said:

 

You said play him and force it. The team has not had time to do that. Also Kiem could have misunderstood or misrepresented to get clicks. Says he would not do that but it would not be the first time a journalist has done that - in general I have no problem with Kiem. He seems pretty straight but these guys are not perfect. 

 

Regardless, I stand by if he really wants out and you can get a 3rd take it and move on - which was the point from the beginning. Contract year or not I do not want a guy who is openly unhappy on the team. It looks like that is not really the truth. But if it is, and you can get a 3rd, it is in fact worth more than a possible 3rd comp - although I doubt you get more than 4th - as just to start with a 3rd comp is at the end of the actual 3rd, and that's if you even get a 3rd rd comp. 

 

 

Diff situation.

 

Dunbar has done everything the org has asked him to do and has turned into a lights out top flight CB1 and is getting paid like a backup.

 

If he has not been contacted by RR and the coaches it is only normal to wonder where you stand and if you are part of the team's plans going forward.

 

Pay him.

He has been developed locally and was probably the #1 player on D last year.

 

He is just getting into his prime, and this is a core redskin if there ever has been one.

 

RR will work it out, they were probably so focused on getting TWilliams in the fold that Dunbar was next phase?... 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’m not convinced Dunbar is worth 10mil+ p/y 

 

I’d be inclined to just make the offer to fully guarantee his 2020 salary. If that’s not enough, look for a trade.

You're kidding right?

 

He has only improved year after year and has been a stalwart on D.

He has shut down #1's and earned a payday, unlike his counter part that just got cut, who got a payday but never showed it with his play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jbird said:

You're kidding right?

 

He has only improved year after year and has been a stalwart on D.

He has shut down #1's and earned a payday, unlike his counter part that just got cut, who got a payday but never showed it with his play.

 

Looking at the results of this team, you really can't say anyone shut down anyone on any given Sunday. Dunbar hasn't done a single thing to display the set of balls he's now retracting or saying "I never said that."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jbird said:

Diff situation.

 

Dunbar has done everything the org has asked him to do and has turned into a lights out top flight CB1 

 

 

Ok...that's a bit of a stretch...maybe a dimmed lights CB1.5...

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Keim ( I don't know how to quote) he's back to wanting his release or trade since we declined to discuss contract renegotion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lovi said:

According to Keim ( I don't know how to quote) he's back to wanting his release or trade since we declined to discuss contract renegotion

I wonder if Dunbar walks it all back in a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either he'll be traded this offseason or he'll play out the last year of his deal and we'll get a 3rd round comp pick back if he performs well enough to earn a big contract.  Doesn't really matter much to me either way.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing, but I'm not sure how much I'm leaning towards "eff him."  I think he saw what happened with Norman, knows we're looking at other CB's, and could see with Reed how quickly your career can go away.  I don't much mind him doing this in February as opposed to June.  I'd like to see him stay, though.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.