Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

ExoDus84

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Speaking of church, it warmed my heart a little to hear that Kobe and his daughter attended service prior to the flight. 

I whispered that in my wife's ear at one point to help calm her down and walked away, just like I'm doing right now...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

How in the absolute **** does a helicopter not have a terrain warning system?

Kobe Bryant's body, 8 others recovered from helicopter that lacked key terrain warning system

Flying aboard a luxury helicopter with a veteran pilot at the controls, Kobe Bryant and his seven fellow passengers should have had few worries.

Their Sikorsky S-76B that would whisk them roughly 90 miles from Orange to Ventura Counties, crossing over the heart of Los Angeles, was "like the Cadillac Escalade" of choppers, recalled Kurt Deetz, a former pilot for Bryant. That model is a sleek craft with dual engines equipped with "all the bells and whistles," Deetz said.

Yet it lacked a key safety feature: a terrain awareness and warning system, TAWS, a National Transportation Safety Board official said Tuesday. The NTSB had recommended it be required on large passenger-carrying choppers after a Texas crash in 2004, but that never happened.

Click on the link for the full article

On 1/28/2020 at 7:30 PM, PeterMP said:

That's not really what happened.  The criminal case was dropped before the civil case was started.  The criminal case was dropped because she refused to testify because her name had been released by some and she was being harassed, including things like death threats.

If there had not been the harassment and things like death threats, there is really no reason to believe she wouldn't have testified and Kobe might be have gone to jail.

She backed out of the trial because the panties she turned in for her rape kit had three different men's fluids inside them. She was going to lose the case to further embarrassment. Likely, anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, China said:

That model is a sleek craft with dual engines equipped with "all the bells and whistles," Deetz said.

Yet it lacked a key safety feature: a terrain awareness and warning system

Well that's not exactly all the bells and whistles then. That is basic electronics. Flying without any sort of radar?

Even economy cars come with avoidance systems now days.

46 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Well that's not exactly all the bells and whistles then. That is basic electronics. Flying without any sort of radar?

Even economy cars come with avoidance systems now days.

Not sure what cars built in 2020 have to do with helicopters built nearly 30 years ago.

8 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

She backed out of the trial because the panties she turned in for her rape kit had three different men's fluids inside them. She was going to lose the case to further embarrassment. Likely, anyway.

Three different men?  I had read one. 

9 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Plus Kobe admitted to sex, the only issue was consent.  Kind of hard to prove to a jury with only a single witness

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It doesn't matter that the helicopter was built nearly 30 years ago, the tech has been around since the 70s/80s.  

I never said it wasn't around since then.  I'm saying comparing what is in a brand new car presently compared to what is in a 30 year old helicopter is kinda pointless.

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I never said it wasn't around since then.  I'm saying comparing what is in a brand new car presently compared to what is in a 30 year old helicopter is kinda pointless.

Not really, considering that flight safety standards have been well ahead of what's on the roads in comparison.  

On 1/29/2020 at 9:48 AM, tshile said:

this is actually how it is for me but it’s driven by my age. When I got into basketball Jordan was at the end and Kobe was just getting started. I played Kobe’s n64 basketball game. That’s just who the start of my nba viewing started with. 

I missed the entire 1980s and I am very confident Wayne Gretzky is the greatest hockey player of all-time.

On 1/30/2020 at 12:10 AM, Kosher Ham said:

The results from the rape kit would have been known for months before she refused to testify (the incident happens in July 2003, she decides not to testify as a cooperating witness in Aug. 2004), and she could have refused to testify any time during those months, and the prosecuter could have decided to drop the case too.

For what it's worth, I was accused of raising my hand as if I was going to slap a woman.  Complete and utter lie. I was raised stringently by my military mother, and my two older sisters - to be a gentleman, but not a pushover. This woman was mad that I called her out on her BS. 

It put me in to a paralysis episode when I heard the accusation, then a depression.  How can I, who tries to lead other men to be gentlemen, be accused of this?  Felt my reputation was annihilated.

She then fessed up.  "Oh maybe it was just his shadow."

People who wrongly accuse should face very harsh penalties.  You tried to ruin lives through selfishness.

I've always imagined a time where people start to beat themselves up physically, and then accuse another person of doing it.  At the very least, the accused is going to prison for a little bit, and then having to go through a ton of trials and tribulations.  At the very LEAST.

Stone Cold's "DTA" keeps getting realer and realer.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Assuming Kobe was innocent. I personally believe he was and i think the panties would haves destroyed her criminal, But if she was telling the truth, I can completely believe she was so distraught she accidentally grabbed the wrong pair of underwear. 

Kobe was one of the three men. 

37 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Kobe was one of the three men. 

You keep saying three men.  Everything I've read references one.  Do you have a link?

A little refresher on the rape case for those that need it. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-bryants-disturbing-rape-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

Edited by Rocky21

59 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

From what I read it was two. 

splitting the difference between ho and victim?

i can’t believe be the helicopter didn’t have terrain avoidance... but I also can’t believe the pilot didn’t know what a safe altitude was for his air craft at thy terrain being that I assume he flew that route many times. 

i wonder if he got lost, was hovering at a safe altitude and got stuck in his own wash/turbulence and wasn’t able to recover.