Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

ExoDus84

16 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

You keep saying three men.  Everything I've read references one.  Do you have a link?

A little refresher on the rape case for those that need it. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-bryants-disturbing-rape-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

I haven't read about the case in years. I'll check out the link. 

I can't recall where I read about the 3 men...but I do recall one of the other men being the friend that worked with her also. It was certainly reported as three men however.

She painted herself into a corner, but Kobe and her did have sex. It's the only reason he decided to just take it on the chin for the civil case. 

I think it might be useful to review Kobe's apology.

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward."

This is partly where the yes means yes comes from.  Even Kobe essentially admits that she didn't consent to everything that was done to her.  There's a difference between being willing and even wanting to have sex with somebody and wanting and willing to be chocked to the point that it leaves bruising around your neck.

Edited by PeterMP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...