Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

55 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@TK For father’s day this year my wife got me a piece of the actual 1977 set of A New Hope. It’s like 1 cm square but it counts. It’s part of the Krayt Dragon skeleton. 

She got her dad a piece of the actual Apollo rocket. Her dad worked for NASA. 

That's pretty dope. 

• Thanks 1

Speaking of, I’ve always watched old music videos from the 80s and wondered what happened to the women in them, especially those hair metal videos where the band is live and in concert and they have crowd shots. 

Like this girl who’s singing with Vince Neil, what are the odds that she peaked in 1985 in this moment? No chance she went on to a distinguished career as a lawyer, right?

IMG_2258.gif

• Haha 2

Also saw Animals As Leaders. I’ve seen them about 6-7x. This performance was fantastic though. They played a more laid back set but it was incredible. The highlight was Brain Dance

Dream Theater closed out the night. I haven’t listened to them much in the past 15 years. After seeing them, I won’t purposely see them again. Very boring. No smiling or anything. They were just going through the motions and looked like they were working the counter at the local Burger King. So uninspired

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@TK For father’s day this year my wife got me a piece of the actual 1977 set of A New Hope. It’s like 1 cm square but it counts. It’s part of the Krayt Dragon skeleton. 

She got her dad a piece of the actual Apollo rocket. Her dad worked for NASA. 

She’s a keeper. 

Small world though, back in the day, I had a buddy from Springfield & his dad worked on the space station program for NASA. 

14 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Speaking of, I’ve always watched old music videos from the 80s and wondered what happened to the women in them, especially those hair metal videos where the band is live and in concert and they have crowd shots. 

Like this girl who’s singing with Vince Neil, what are the odds that she peaked in 1985 in this moment? No chance she went on to a distinguished career as a lawyer, right?

IMG_2258.gif

Filmed outside the Capital Centre before. Judas Priest Concert in 1986

And a where are they now from 20 years later in 1986:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Heavy Metal Parking Lot is a classic.  There's so much to like about it, so many great moments.  But my all time favorite is how they're running around the Capital Centre parking lot telling everyone that they're with MTV...and all these stupid white kids are all like OMG!!!  But the one big black dude is like BULL****!  And he says it in a way that I've forever tried to emulate but never will.  It's perfect.

Another favorite part, aside from the DC 101 shirt guy:  The girl who says she'd jump Rob Halford's bones if she saw him.  Pretty hilarious in retrospect.

• Haha 3

Is this the appropriate thread?

So tldr is we have our camper on consignment at a dealer.  Some dude contacted me saying he would rent it out, blah blah blah.  I said thanks but no thanks.  He went on to badmouth the place I have it.  Part of the conversation below.

Screenshot_20230622_144619_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20230622_144629_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20230622_144931_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20230622_144722_Messenger.jpg

• Haha 6

Picking up kids from New daycare center, and ill be honest it's one where I hear a lot of parents, hmm, talking disrespectful towards their kids.

All the sudden it really hit me that we need to be really honest with ourselves in the conversation of why kids are "so disrespectful these days"...

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Picking up kids from New daycare center, and ill be honest it's one where I hear a lot of parents, hmm, talking disrespectful towards their kids.

All the sudden it really hit me that we need to be really honest with ourselves in the conversation of why kids are "so disrespectful these days"...

Hundred percent. 

I see it all the time as a teacher. The way you talk to your kids, and the way you talk around your kids matters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A not-so-random thought that I've had for my 20+ yrs coming here.
Y'all are a great group, this is a great group. Very intelligent, knowledgeable from a wide breadth of life.
I find that when news breaks, I come HERE. a friggin' football message board. 
I come HERE to read about it.
And i do so because we get it from many sources. (Where is Visionary, by the way? Did I miss something?)
Somebody here has the news from one source, and someone else will bring it from another, and likewise, the commenters and analysts who's segments and columns we bring here to augment or source an argument.. I find that i get a very well rounded picture of what's going on, with multiple sources from which i can delve deeper.
And then the discussion that follows, I have learned much from all of the folks who have been here over the years.

Cheers.

~John

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Bang said:

A not-so-random thought that I've had for my 20+ yrs coming here.
Y'all are a great group, this is a great group. Very intelligent, knowledgeable from a wide breadth of life.
I find that when news breaks, I come HERE. a friggin' football message board. 
I come HERE to read about it.
And i do so because we get it from many sources. (Where is Visionary, by the way? Did I miss something?)
Somebody here has the news from one source, and someone else will bring it from another, and likewise, the commenters and analysts who's segments and columns we bring here to augment or source an argument.. I find that i get a very well rounded picture of what's going on, with multiple sources from which i can delve deeper.
And then the discussion that follows, I have learned much from all of the folks who have been here over the years.

Cheers.

~John

May this site live on forever.  I agree 100%.  I've learned a lot, it's helped change the way I see a lot of things.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1