Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

33 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Working is gonna be such a drag today & tomorrow.  

When I was working I always worked today, preferring to use the vacation day during summer.  Being in sales it was almost like a holiday. I'd come in, do some paperwork, clean out my desk and then go on "appointments" which was actually a round of golf.  But as the years went on I hated coming home after the big event knowing I had to get up and put on a tie the next day. So I started taking it off.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 8:15 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Go take your socio-political environmental debates somewhere other than the RTT FFS.  I'm here to hear about @PleaseBlitz's alcohol consumption,  @TradeTheBeal!'s weekend exploits in Houston and whatever conscious level the brother @Chewis on.  Take your paper or plastic debate elsewhere, is nothing sacred anymore?

Nope, ruined a perfectly good pot of chili trying to do my part using Beyond Meat instead...

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nope, ruined a perfectly good pot of chili trying to do my part using Beyond Meat instead...

Beyond meat is much better as burgers and bratwurst/italian suasage.  The impossible meat is much better as ground (e.g. in chili / tacos / pasta).  I actually use the impossible meat sausage (the ground stuff) in my chili.  Regular impossible meat in tacos and pasta.

771580856_download(25).jpeg.ee4eda79ed366827a4a7d49f87569c83.jpeg

Cook it almost like ground beef but get a real nice caramelization on it before putting it in the chili.  Don't burn it tho.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

3 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Beyond meat is much better as burgers and bratwurst/italian suasage.  The impossible meat is much better as ground (e.g. in chili / tacos / pasta).  I actually use the impossible meat sausage (the ground stuff) in my chili.  Regular impossible meat in tacos and pasta.

771580856_download(25).jpeg.ee4eda79ed366827a4a7d49f87569c83.jpeg

Cook it almost like ground beef but get a real nice caramelization on it before putting it in the chili.  Don't burn it tho.

Fa sho, noted.

Sister has been a pescatsrian for well over a decade now and warned me about quality of these meat substitutes (she doesn't like impossible because of how much Soy it has in it).

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Fa sho, noted.

Sister has been a pescatsrian for well over a decade now and warned me about quality of these meat substitutes (she doesn't like impossible because of how much Soy it has in it).

Yup.

The breakdown I've worked out so far is Beyond for burgers / brats / Italian sausage ... it just grills way better.

Impossible for ground meat

Quorn for chicken (some people have allergies to this stuff since its basically fermented mushroom...so be careful)

...sadly no substitute for steak or bacon.

I was a dedicated carnivore for my whole life up to the point when I switched.  Haven't had meat in many years now.  Its been getting easier...five years ago the meat substitutes were god awful.  Your sister is right, they are still not a substitute...but they are getting closer (or my memory is just fading).  Try a taco meat one day with the impossible burger and however you usually season it.  Don't go in to it expecting it to be identical...but it won't be horrible.  The cooking will dry it out a bit, and the strong seasoning will bury most of the flavor change.  When you build up the palette for the flavor, diversifying to subbing it in chili or pasta becomes easier...you know what to expect.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Yup.

The breakdown I've worked out so far is Beyond for burgers / brats / Italian sausage ... it just grills way better.

Impossible for ground meat

Quorn for chicken (some people have allergies to this stuff since its basically fermented mushroom...so be careful)

...sadly no substitute for steak or bacon.

I was a dedicated carnivore for my whole life up to the point when I switched.  Haven't had meat in many years now.  Its been getting easier...five years ago the meat substitutes were god awful.  Your sister is right, they are still not a substitute...but they are getting closer (or my memory is just fading).  Try a taco meat one day with the impossible burger and however you usually season it.  Don't go in to it expecting it to be identical...but it won't be horrible.  The cooking will dry it out a bit, and the strong seasoning will bury most of the flavor change.  When you build up the palette for the flavor, diversifying to subbing it in chili or pasta becomes easier...you know what to expect.

The Impossible burger is very good grilled. I need to try the Beyond brats & Italian sausage. I've been using Morning Star Farms original sausage patties for breakfast. Costco used to carry them but I haven't seen them in a while. 

• Thumb up 1

Daughter experienced spotting today, became seriously worried for her pregnancy 😐…her mom/my ex-wife went with them to the emergency room…after numerous blood tests and an ultrasound, the doctor told them everything was perfect and that both babies were just fine. 

My daughter: “Both?”

Doc: “I thought you knew…”

We didn’t know she’s having twins lol 😳😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 12

39 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Daughter experienced spotting today, became seriously worried for her pregnancy 😐…her mom/my ex-wife went with them to the emergency room…after numerous blood tests and an ultrasound, the doctor told them everything was perfect and that both babies were just fine. 

My daughter: “Both?”

Doc: “I thought you knew…”

We didn’t know she’s having twins lol 😳😳

How many weeks is she?

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The dr was kind of dumb to assume she knew. The fetal heartbeat might not even show up before then….

two weeks earlier there was a “heartbeat” that she got on video using her phone during an ultrasound…but yeah, she assumed he was joking when he said that. He pulled down his mask to show his face so she could tell he was being serious lol. It’s possible to detect twins as early as 5 weeks depending on what type it is, so he probably figured her ultrasound at 6 1/2 weeks also showed what he was clearly seeing at 8 1/2 weeks.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

two weeks earlier there was a “heartbeat” that she got on video using her phone during an ultrasound…but yeah, she assumed he was joking when he said that. He pulled down his mask to show his face so she could tell he was being serious lol. It’s possible to detect twins as early as 5 weeks depending on what type it is, so he probably figured her ultrasound at 6 1/2 weeks also showed what he was clearly seeing at 8 1/2 weeks.

Congrats, Grandpa!! 

I'm well aware of what diapers for two at the same time cost (grandkids, never my own) .  I would recommend getting a service, saves some planet space and gives people jobs. (You flush 'em sort of  "clean" in the toilet, from what I can recall...)  :ols:

• Haha 1