Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If you gonna ask for a donation, don't offer me a coupon if I do.  That's not charity, that's bribery, I'm gonna say no everytime. 

Tried to explain that at Burger King and they was jus stuck on stupid so I left once they gave me my food.

I'm easily bribed for a Double Whopper.  Dunno what your problem is.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm easily bribed for a Double Whopper.  Dunno what your problem is.

Not even that, they was offering a coupon for French fries for a charity they wouldn't even tell me the name of unless I pryed, like all of it was going there anyway.

I never got the whole corporation taking customer money and claiming credit for making donations thing, but that was a final straw moment for me right there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Not even that, they was offering a coupon for French fries for a charity they wouldn't even tell me the name of unless I pryed, like all of it was going there anyway.

I never got the whole corporation taking customer money and claiming credit for making donations thing, but that was a final straw moment for me right there.

**** a charity, I'm giving out state secrets for BK fries and a Double Whopper!

No, I agree with you, that's annoying.  On a similar note, the wife gets ornery with me when I round up for charity at the grocery store cause it's not defined as to where that money is going.  And if you round up, say, 50 cents, how much of that is actually going to the charity, etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

**** a charity, I'm giving out state secrets for BK fries and a Double Whopper!

No, I agree with you, that's annoying.  On a similar note, the wife gets ornery with me when I round up for charity at the grocery store cause it's not defined as to where that money is going.  And if you round up, say, 50 cents, how much of that is actually going to the charity, etc.

Similar experience with myself and my Wife.

One thing we both agree on is once we get to point of being able to do Schedule A on our taxes that we aren't touching the charity section.  Neither us believe it counts as actual charity if expecting something in return for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You all don't get it?

By you giving them the money, they collect it and donate it, then they claim the bulk tax write-off which is more than those free fries cost them.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If you gonna ask for a donation, don't offer me a coupon if I do.  That's not charity, that's bribery, I'm gonna say no everytime. 

Tried to explain that at Burger King and they was jus stuck on stupid so I left once they gave me my food.

I hate stuff like this and I hate getting phone calls asking for donations too.  We still have a land line for our security system so we get a lot of calls like that, I rarely answer that line anymore unless its from someone I know.  

My biggest problem isn't that I don't want to give to [insert charity name here], it's that we do give to charities that we support all the time or annually, it's the continued pestering that ensues when I politely decline.  I know they don't what we donate to, but some of these volunteers/callers don't take that into consideration and are assholes.

I got a call from a breast cancer organization wanting a donation years ago, when I told her that I would not be donating she said, "So you don't care if women die of breast cancer?".  I told her that I didn't want anyone dying of any type of cancer and that we give donations annually to other cancer organizations and various other charities and she said something like, "But just not breast cancer, that kills thousands and thousands of women a year, got it."

I told her that if I gave money to every caller asking for donations, I'd be broke, so I give to charities that have impacted my family/friends directly and hung up. Might have called her out too, can't remember, too long ago.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Chalk it up to this bull**** daylight savings thing. Seeing the sun starting to go down at like 4pm isn’t good for anyone. 

Agree.  I don't even feel like making dinner, prolly gonna be another can of Chunky soup.   (Thanks, Mrs. McNugget).  :ols:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Chalk it up to this bull**** daylight savings thing. Seeing the sun starting to go down at like 4pm isn’t good for anyone. 

One of the things that screwed up my brain when I was living in the Philippines was that all year long the sun always goes down between 530pm and 6.

And my wife seriously believed that we needed to be inside the house after dark. (Monsters and stuff) :lol:

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

One of the things that screwed up my brain when I was living in the Philippines was that all year long the sun always goes down between 530pm and 6.

And my wife seriously believed that we needed to be inside the house after dark. (Monsters and stuff) :lol:

I'm in ATL and your wife is a very wise lady.  :)

4 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Beware the aswang. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Beware the aswang. 

Yep, and there's a town not too far away where my wife says that it is full of aswang lol. I'm sitting there wondering what do the people living in that town think?

Also, at our house there was this huge termite mound that's was right in the middle of the lot so I started chopping it up and she freaked out because apparently a Nuno lives in those mounds and I was going to be cursed, then she started saying things to apologize to the Nuno lol. She thought that I should go to a witch doctor to remove the curse. Pretty funny stuff. 

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm in ATL and your wife is a very wise lady.  :)

We lived way out in the middle of rice fields and sugar cane. They just have some epic superstitions there.

• Like 1