Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

On 5/31/2022 at 3:27 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

Went out to dinner with my wife, one of her friends & her friends boyfriend on Sunday. About halfway through the night the boyfriend says, "Well, I got scammed out of $50k last week." As he started to explain it, the multiple videos I've seen by Pierogi (Scammer Payback) are flashing in my mind. As the guy continued explaining what happened, I stopped him in mid-sentence and continued the story. The guy (who I've met maybe 3 times) said, "Yeah, that's exactly what happened. How did you know?" "Scammer Payback." In his case it was a "refund" from Norton (Amazon & Microsoft are also common companies these thieves use). He lost $50k in maybe 30 minutes. And he's not an idiot. He knew something wasn't right but he never pulled the plug on the call.

If you haven't seen it or don't know what I'm talking about watch this video. Tell everyone you know to NEVER get on a computer session where you are sharing your screen. Ever.

Thought this story was going in an entirely different, yet sexy, direction after the first sentence.  

But the scammer story was wild too.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Thought this story was going in an entirely different, yet sexy, direction after the first sentence.  

But the scammer story was wild too.

Me too. 

And I absolutely can't stop laughing.   

I'm also old, tired, and high. 

• Haha 2

Swear...after busting my ass at work all day, I really don't feel like changing the litter boxes. 

But alas, it must be done.  

These last couple of weeks have been super stressful.   School is out, so our lunch business isn't just working people, it's entire families too.  Poor Ms. B (who is 70 and rocks the line) keeps getting her ass kicked on the daily.   

/vent 

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

There was a Del Taco right around the corner from my first apartment in Colorado. 😋

There's a fairly new one near me, but it's on a wack corner that's almost impossible to get in or out of.  Haven't seen one in decades, they pretty much got taken out of ATL once I moved here, and I had gotten used to it in Jax. 

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Swear...after busting my ass at work all day, I really don't feel like changing the litter boxes. 

But alas, it must be done.  

These last couple of weeks have been super stressful.   School is out, so our lunch business isn't just working people, it's entire families too.  Poor Ms. B (who is 70 and rocks the line) keeps getting her ass kicked on the daily.   

/vent 

I hate litter boxes.  I ranted about how if I let the two stray kittens my wife and daughter wanted to rescue stay, that they’d clean the damn litter box.  Guess who is cleaning litter boxes now?  I live in a house of lies!  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I 81 from Winchester to Lexington has some great scenery tho. Problem is it's a major trucking route. So many semis it definitely wears out the road quickly. Plus it's still just four lanes since it's out in the middle of bum ****.

I know it well.  Love the big valleys, but they're definitely a distraction from the trucks, which require a driver's undivided attention. 

• Thumb up 1

It never occurred to me just how big of a year 1992 was for rock music until I read this.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/20-great-albums-1992

Alice in Chains

Faith No More

Tool

Pantera

The list goes on and even includes some death metal at the time with Cannibal Corpse and Obituary. I owned every single album here with the exception of Tool and that’s only because I didn’t know about them until Sober. 

• Like 1