Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

Hey fam, we're moving back to Nova. I'm a teacher with 15 years of classroom teaching experience but I'm looking to pivot somewhat. If you know of anybody who is looking to hire for a role that a veteran STEM teacher would be well suited for (curriculum design, outreach, education consulting, etc) let me know! Willing to do work on site, hybrid or remote.

Georgia needs you.  Just sayin'. 

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Uninstalled outlook from my phone so I can't see work emails unless I'm in front of my work laptop.

Shoulda done this a loooooong time ago...

Yeah, I did that the last year before I retired when the company stopped reimbursing us for our cellphones. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Uninstalled outlook from my phone so I can't see work emails unless I'm in front of my work laptop.

Shoulda done this a loooooong time ago...

I once tried to set up my work email on my phone.  It requested permission to be able to wipe the entire contents of my phone.  I decided I didn't need work email on my phone.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I once tried to set up my work email on my phone.  It requested permission to be able to wipe the entire contents of my phone.  I decided I didn't need work email on my phone.

Aye, when BYOD because myOD, gd.  Cases like that employers should offer work phones, my job when I was a sys admin gave me an iPhone so if I knew it made a noise it was work related versus mixing with my personal and concerned of spill over.

I really should remove Teams as well but it's Hella convenient in case I'm late to a meeting helping the family at home and can join without them noticing.  Outside of reminding myself what time my meetings are, yea, Teams is next because they won't give me a work phone.

Reminds me I knew folks that worked at a help desk for the navy in Hampton Roads and they were warned if they plugged up their phone to their work desktop to charge it, the desktop would automatically encrypt and brick their phone. BYOD at your own risk...

Edited by Renegade7

Met the wife's niece this weekend.  Sweet girl, a bit naive and has very questionable music tastes.  

Have you heard Lil Peep?  I promised her that I'd listen to him this week because...well, I introduced her to Metallica and she can't really introduce me to anything better although it's adorable that she thinks she can.

This is the most god awful **** I have ever heard.  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1