Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

It never occurred to me just how big of a year 1992 was for rock music until I read this.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/20-great-albums-1992

Alice in Chains

Faith No More

Tool

Pantera

The list goes on and even includes some death metal at the time with Cannibal Corpse and Obituary. I owned every single album here with the exception of Tool and that’s only because I didn’t know about them until Sober. 

I remember the Body Count debate, they said it was rap.  It wasn't rap at all, it was metal.  

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Buddy of mine sold a orginal copy of that cd to my boss for $100. He had been looking for one for years. This was around 1997ish. 

I have it on cassette somewhere.  Gotta love how he can make a song called Cop Killer, then go on to play a cop in Law and Order SVU for 22 years 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I remember the Body Count debate, they said it was rap.  It wasn't rap at all, it was metal.  

Yeah I remember when Faith No More‘s Epic started playing on the radio. My dad was so angry and calling it rap crap. 

Dude, just because it rhymes doesn’t mean it’s rap. coincidentally, AC/DC, his favorite band also has rhyming in their lyrics. Not rap.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Buddy of mine sold a orginal copy of that cd to my boss for $100. He had been looking for one for years. This was around 1997ish. 

I chased a friend in a "trade CD" store around because he found "OG"...dude at the counter was like, "I've got another copy in the back....if y'all will stop fighting...".   That's how I have mine.  :ols:

• Haha 1

As a therapist, just want to get something off my mind.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34054310

Desean Watson.

17 months = 73 weeks. 66 masseuses = basically a new masseuse every week. All female.

And that doesn’t include any repeats! And it doesn’t differentiate between the offseason and in-season… which may infer some down periods while other timeframes may include 3-4 new therapists a week.

Thats not a therapeutic model.

Thats a predator. I don’t care what facts are public. They are just details.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Desean Watson.

17 months = 73 weeks. 66 masseuses = basically a new masseuse every week. All female.

And that doesn’t include any repeats!

Thats not a therapeutic model.

Thats a predator. I don’t care what facts are public. They are just details.

And his lawyer's comments didn't help. 

There was one of those "shops" next to the Dairy Queen near me.  We called it "Happy Shake". 

12 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Are they paying you NOT to come into the office?

That is the best.

At this point I think they are paying for me to go as far away from the office as possible.  My years of being annoying AF are finally paying off. :)

• Haha 2

Wild day at work.  The flat-top grill broke down last night, so we had to get it fixed before we could open, and that didn't happen until 12:30.  A guy pulls up to the DT window and tells my maintenance man, "Hey, just wanted to give you a heads up that there's a "Temporarily Closed" sign on your speaker."  :rolleyes:  Justin turned around to me and asked, "How did he get this far in life?  He's driving a car!!!"  :rofl89:

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

At this point I think they are paying for me to go as far away from the office as possible.  My years of being annoying AF are finally paying off. :)

It’s a delicate balancing act … how can a company keep high performers while not causing other folks they piss off to leave. :ols:

Hey fam, we're moving back to Nova. I'm a teacher with 15 years of classroom teaching experience but I'm looking to pivot somewhat. If you know of anybody who is looking to hire for a role that a veteran STEM teacher would be well suited for (curriculum design, outreach, education consulting, etc) let me know! Willing to do work on site, hybrid or remote.