Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone else go on pharmaceuticals to deal with kids and pandemics?

So just FYI, i hope nobody is holding it in. I went on Lexapro to deal with the anxiety in addition to my normal 1000 ccs of bourbon every Friday. 

I've been on Lexapro since before the pandemic. It's definitely helpful for me, but it's caused weight gain, not loss for me.

We've been on a smoothie kick too. I don't love them, but my daughter does.

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Lexapro has definitely knocked the edge off for my. My biggest issue is that if I forget to take it I get the brain zaps. 

I'd get really zoned while on the Lexapro even tho I made sure to take it daily. That's kinda my concern with going zoloft. Asked a few friends and they had similar problems with other ssri like celexa n Prozac. Zombification seemed to be fairly common. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟

The NFL Draft had over 12.5 Million viewers. More than the Oscars and the NBA Finals.

That's insane. An annual selection meeting had more viewers than another sport's championship.

Yeah, football is dying alright "lolol"

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, clietas said:

I'd get really zoned while on the Lexapro even tho I made sure to take it daily. That's kinda my concern with going zoloft. Asked a few friends and they had similar problems with other ssri like celexa n Prozac. Zombification seemed to be fairly common. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟

Yeah it's different for everybody and if the side-effects are not worth it you need to talk to your doctor. (Not you personally, the generic you.)

Thankfully I don't get any real zombification from it, and my thought life is a lot more manageable now. The only real side effect is the weight gain and I'm trying to work on that the old-fashioned way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

You guys should try sneaking some greens in your smoothies too (spinach works especially well)....you really can't taste it and the added boost is great

This. I make one with lettuce,

carrot, celery, cucumber, avocado, vanilla protein powder, frozen berries, and an orange. You would never know the veggies were in it. It’s a miracle. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My 5 year old is on a huge smoothie kick, which means my entire house is up to our eyeballs in smoothies. We usually go strawberries and apple juice as a base plus her choice of pineapple, acai juice, banana and/or blueberries. 

My wife bought a Vitimix a few years ago.  I thought she was crazy spending that kind of money on a glorified blender but I will admit, it makes a huge difference and I now recommend it.

• Like 2

Ninja Master blender for $30 is fantastic imo. 

My brother loves frozen concoctions and really wanted one of those fancy ass Margaritaville blenders. Seen em on sale last black Friday at half price and couldn't resist getting him one. Not sure if he's used it yet tho. 

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This. I make one with lettuce,

carrot, celery, cucumber, avocado, vanilla protein powder, frozen berries, and an orange. You would never know the veggies were in it. It’s a miracle. 

I would replace the lettuce with a power green like Spinach, Chard, Kale, Beet Greens, Arugula and the like.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, China said:

Fun fact:  Nils Lofgren wrote the jingle for that ad.

The little girl who gives the tag line is now 52.

Another fun fact: when my family first moved to Reston my dad signed me up to take lessons from Jhoon Rhees's program(I was maybe 8 at the time). At some point he approached my dad and tol him he wanted me to be in one of his commercials saying "Nobody bothers me!"...I was too shy to do it lol.

• Sad 1

Thinking today about my boating experiences on the Patuxent River.

Triple rigged, we'd catch 3 fish at once a few times a day.  2 fish at once a couple dozen times a day, and at least 1 fish almost every time we'd cast a line.  The most rare instance was not catching anything.  We'd catch and release, but the feel of a fish caught never got old.

Miss that s***.