But if you see me walking by
And the tears are in my eyes
Look away, baby, look away
If we meet on the streets someday
And I don't know what to say
Look away, baby, look away
Don't look at me
I don't want you to see me this way

Geez, Chicago really sucked donkey balls after Terry Kath died.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, clietas said:

Oh how I hate Epson printers. Literally have to replace the cartridges or realign the printer heads every time I use the damn thing. Should really just smash it and buy another brand. 🤬

tenor.gif

I think most home printers are complete ****.  I've got a Canon and I'm not sure how it works after all the times I've had to take it apart.  I've had to go in there so many times to fix paper jams...there's this one piece in there that has a vise grip on paper, so you kinda have to pull the paper firmly but not TOO firm or else you'll rip the paper invariably in a way that makes it impossible to reach in and get the rest that's stuck further up in the printer.  And you'd think they'd have a little wheel on the side where you could manually crank it and push it out but that'd be too ****ing simple.  And of course it's a tiny scrap of paper that this little ****er can't **** out, it looks like it should be so ****ing simple but nooooope.   Like I said, after all the tinkering I've had to do, I'm not sure how it still works.  It makes a really loud rattling noise when it starts up and again when it starts printing...like, LOUD.  The front tray is all jacked up and broken, multiple pages don't stack up neatly...gotta sit there like a factory plant worker and wait for each one to roll off the end of the assembly line so they don't **** up everything behind them.  

It's like...you've got one ****ing job, Canon printer, and you've failed miserably more times than I'd like to count.  I've for sure thought about taking this thing out to the back yard and doing a Michael Bolton on it.  Just like in that gif, a couple stabs at it with the bat just so it knows that I mean business, and then bare fists.  Maybe throw in some DeNiro kicks for good measure.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

We bought a small Brother color laser printer on sale a few years ago and have never looked back.

Zero problems, and I've only had to change the toner once.

My problem with color laser printers is that they track you.  No thanks.

Watching "Life in Color" on Netflix, narrated by Attenborough.  He turns 95 next week.

I know Sir David has lived a long, full life...but man, it's gonna hurt when he passes.  That brother was narrating nature videos when I was a wee lad back in the 80s.  His voice is so iconic.  

I haven't seen him on screen in many of the recent Planet Earth seasons....but he's all in this one, walking around in the jungle.  At 95.  💪🏽

• Like 6

I bought a blender last week, been making smoothies the last couple of days. My life is changed, can't believe I waited this long to buy a blender. Frozen strawberries, mango, pineapple, and fresh bananas with a cup and a half of almond milk. Amazing.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I bought a blender last week, been making smoothies the last couple of days. My life is changed, can't believe I waited this long to buy a blender. Frozen strawberries, mango, pineapple, and fresh bananas with a cup and a half of almond milk. Amazing.

My 5 year old is on a huge smoothie kick, which means my entire house is up to our eyeballs in smoothies. We usually go strawberries and apple juice as a base plus her choice of pineapple, acai juice, banana and/or blueberries. 

• Like 3

I used to make smoothies for my kids that were some variation of strawberry, mango, banana, blackberries, yogurt, milk.  If you buy frozen fruit it's great because it keeps longer and also serves to make the smoothies cold.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone else go on pharmaceuticals to deal with kids and pandemics?

So just FYI, i hope nobody is holding it in. I went on Lexapro to deal with the anxiety in addition to my normal 1000 ccs of bourbon every Friday. 

My anxiety n stress have been through the roof lately so my Dr prescribed some zoloft. Hopefully it helps but I kinda doubt it.

Careful with that Lexapro. I was on it for a year n half back in 2005ish. Went from 180 lbs to 245 lbs. Wasn't really helpful for my anxiety unfortunately. 

5d24e4c611fb6.image__36613.1591036843.jpg

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

It's great.  I like to make a smoothie before hockey games with a frozen fruit mix, a banana, and a beetroot.  Add in some ginger for a little kick.  Banana and beetroot for potassium and nitrates to prevent cramps and improve blood flow.

I also love to make milkshakes.  With Bourbon.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

You guys should try sneaking some greens in your smoothies too (spinach works especially well)....you really can't taste it and the added boost is great

I've added some kale in the past.  More recently, I've started throwing in some of the greens of my beets.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, clietas said:

Careful with that Lexapro. I was on it for a year n half back in 2005ish. Went from 180 lbs to 245 lbs. Wasn't really helpful for my anxiety unfortunately. 

Ive lost 10 lbs because its destroyed my appetite. 

• Sad 1