Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

4 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Weed is for lazy people. 

(Inhales in billionaire)

707900488_200(1).gif.39d3867e929f33ee9f86a601a1316166.gif

@clietas yezzir.  A lot of the weightlifting dudes I follow on tiktok talk about smoking weed instead of taking preworkout (which is giving people heart attacks and serious caffeine addictions).  

I workout at night before bed so I started taking my nightly edibles about 2 hours earlier and they kick in right as I start lifting.  Noticed a yuge friggin difference in my muscle endurance and pumps.  Like... significant.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chew said:

(Inhales in billionaire)

707900488_200(1).gif.39d3867e929f33ee9f86a601a1316166.gif

@clietas yezzir.  A lot of the weightlifting dudes I follow on tiktok talk about smoking weed instead of taking preworkout (which is giving people heart attacks and serious caffeine addictions).  

I workout at night before bed so I started taking my nightly edibles about 2 hours earlier and they kick in right as I start lifting.  Noticed a yuge friggin difference in my muscle endurance and pumps.  Like... significant.  

Lol. 

hella papers and research show weed isn’t performance enhancing.

that’s my only thing about weed people that annoy me. Act like it some miracle drug. It ain’t. It’s a drug. Probably better for your health than other drugs such as alcohol but it ain’t some miracle cure. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I think there are also significant research that shows that it can be performance enhancing.  

British Journal of Sports Medicine:  Cannabis and sport

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2657492/

The question often asked in the case of a positive result for cannabis is whether it was consciously used for doping purposes. The answer is that this substance can only indirectly improve performance—it can have a euphoric effect, reducing anxiety and increasing the sociability of a player who may be particularly nervous before an important match. It can also have a relaxing effect after the game. In this way, cannabis can be considered as a doping product that calms the mind. It has already been described that use of cannabis in sporting environments is basically motivated by the effects of relaxation and wellbeing, allowing the user to sleep more easily. However, if consumed regularly, it risks harming performance and motivation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone said in a YouTube comment that Thom York & Time Cop should make an album together.  And now I need it.  TC would bring the intergalactic synth that induces crushing nostalgia, and Thom's voice would bring the pain and sorrow.

Together, there's no limit to how depressed and hopeless their album could make me feel.  :headbang:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lol. 

that’s my only thing about weed people that annoy me. Act like it some miracle drug. It ain’t. It’s a drug. Probably better for your health than other drugs such as alcohol but it ain’t some miracle cure. 

It's been a miracle drug for a lot of people.  Has helped dramatically for people with PTSD, anxiety, depression, pain, and general well-being issues.  Which in turn, enhances performance.  Side effects are very low, especially if you go with edibles.  Yeah, they aren't roids, TRT or heavy supplements, weed doesn't make you stronger or faster by itself, but the peace of mind it gives you often leads to people feeling better mentally and physically.

Drug.  Lol.  Yeah, not remotely as bad as alcohol, or anything else.  Breaking news.  

Do Itch a post away from dropping a 1940s anti-weed poster line.  "It causes people to rape!!!"

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

It is a drug lol. My favorite drug is caffeine. 

What kinda preworkout do you take?  

I see some dudes taking pre on tiktok that's illegal.  One guy takes three dry scoops and he looks like he's on crack :rofl89:

But he benches 550 lbs for reps :o

• Like 1

So I had an interesting thought today.  As my Navy career is winding down, I’m starting to think about my VA disability claims.  I already know I have a long list.  4+ documented Traumatic Brain Injuries, broken collarbone requiring a rib removal, broken jaw, dental implants due to injuries, bone grafts, punctured lung, skull fracture, 4 screws holding my shoulder together, electrical burns, dislocated knee, eye surgery, crushed/herniated spinal discs, permanent nerve damage, miscellaneous broken bones, etc.  But there is one thing I’m wondering if I could claim.

Back in 2004, I got drunk.  Like really, really DRUNK.  I was at a club in Tokyo and they had a side bar that was selling 100 yen (about $1.20 at the time I believe) tequila shots.  I parked there trying to pick up the girl working the bar (I failed).  I must have had 15 shots at least.  Ever since that day, I haven’t had a drop of tequila. Even the smell makes me puke.  Can I claim that as PTSD?  I feel like being able to claim PTSD from partying too hard would be the ultimate mark of a successful Sailor’s career.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Forgot one
  • Sad 1