Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Peter Gabriel Attends Genesis’ Final Concert

The post Peter Gabriel Attends Genesis’ Final Concert appeared first on Consequence.

Genesis played the final show in their illustrious career to a sold-out crowd at London’s O2 Arena on Saturday night. Among the notable guests in attendance? Genesis’ original frontman, Peter Gabriel.

Gabriel famously departed Genesis in 1975, and hadn’t played with the band since a one-off reunion in 1982. Though he also chose to sit out of the band’s “The Last Domino?” reunion tour, he was on-hand Saturday to cheer on former bandmates Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, and Tony Banks. Collins and Gabriel also posed for a photograph backstage with the band’s longtime friend and tour manager, Richard McPhail.

During Genesis’ 23-song set, Collins acknowledged Gabriel’s presence in the crowd by joking that he was the one shouting to hear “Supper’s Ready.”

Below, you can see fan-captured footage from the concert, including Collins’ announcement that this would be the final show ever played by Genesis (“After tonight we all have to get real jobs,” Collins quipped).

Click on the link for the full article

Damn Phil Collins looks old, I guess all his health issues have taken a toll on him.

• Sad 2

Not feelin any of these cherry blossom jerseys some of the DC teams are trying to push out lately...

Yes, DC has cherry blossoms and they are pretty, but does that mean we need pretty alternate jerseys?  

I vote "no"

decision-emperor.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Not feelin any of these cherry blossom jerseys some of the DC teams are trying to push out lately...

Yes, DC has cherry blossoms and they are pretty, but does that mean we need pretty alternate jerseys?  

I vote "no"

decision-emperor.gif

I was wondering if the Orioles ever were deemed cool enough to get one of those City Connect jerseys or whatever they are...what they'd look like.  Probably sprinkled with Old Bay and crime scene tape or something.  

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was wondering if the Orioles ever were deemed cool enough to get one of those City Connect jerseys or whatever they are...what they'd look like.  Probably sprinkled with Old Bay and crime scene tape or something.  

Logo of someone jumping out to wash your windshields (my one and only post game experience at Camden about 15 years ago).

😁

• Haha 1

Random question for the wrestling fans here.  I was on twitter the other day, someone RT'd something that Ric Flair had tweeted so I went and looked at his profile and it says that he's a 16x Champ, which...wow, that's pretty awesome, 16 times a champ!  

But then I thought, "Does being a champ really matter when the **** is all scripted and pre-determined?"  I suppose it means that a lot of people making these decisions think highly of him as a draw, someone that the fans are excited about, but that's really it, right?

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

"In honor of our federal government, we're going to stand here and do nothing the entire game while voting to give ourselves raises..." 😒

What's the logo for that?

Pick your (least) favorite politicians.  Outline them like the Jerry West NBA logo.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/27/2022 at 8:13 AM, LD0506 said:

Alright, random AF I know, but apparently I have come  down with a case of Wordle. Like that tune stuck in your head, an earworm, an earwordle. 

It Seems Like a Lot of You Are Cheating at Wordle: Study

The jig is up — we know you're cheating on your daily Wordle.

Or, at least, it would certainly appear that a growing number of people have been looking online for answers to the popular five-letter word guessing game — possibly to avoid putting a stop to a winning streak.

That's according to a recent study by Wordfinderx, a reference website for word games like Wordle and Scrabble, which used Google Trends data to determine that Google searches for the answer to Wordle's daily puzzle have nearly tripled ever since The New York Times acquired Wordle in January.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1