Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's a tragedy that Kurt Cobain is dead while Vince Neil somehow is still alive.

Well, that is the one upside about cashing in your chips at 27YO…we don’t have to watch you devolve into a burned out, washed up, 50 something, Haagen-Dasz enthusiast.  They can’t all age as gracefully as Springsteen, you know.

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Well, that is the one upside about cashing in your chips at 27YO…we don’t have to watch you devolve into a burned out, washed up, 50 something, Haagen-Dasz enthusiast.  They can’t all age as gracefully as Springsteen, you know.

Yeah, doing Jeep ads.  I think Kurt could have turned into a real heartland of American kind of guy.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Out of the Blue and into the Black.  Now there's someone (Neil Young) who rocked flannel and aged somewhat gracefully, if a bit crankily.

He's a huge hockey (SJ Sharks) fan too. Seen him at a few games.

2 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Kurt would probably be Morrisey by now…and publicly feuding with Dave Grohl over royalties.  Let’s be honest, he was kinda high-maintenance back in the day.

He'd be a fun as hell read on Twitter who bashes Trump, Republicans, and Kanye. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not sure why the thumbnail is from older Magic Johnson but these clips from this game are fantastic.  Magic was amazing.  Kareem was a monster.

Very cool. Instead of one ball handler and everyone standing behind the 3 pt line, it's on ball handler and the rest in the paint.

:806:

Speaking of Magic and the Lakers, anyone else watching the new series on HBO? Forget what it's called but it's pretty damn good/funny. 2 episodes so far, comes on Sunday nights iirc.

12 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

“Pie day”?

Pies ranked:

1. Key Lime

2. Cherry

3. Banana Cream

4. Chocolate Silk

5. Custard Pie live Earl’s Court ‘75

Celebrated Pi Day at school with the kids. Asked the families to bring in pies or other round desserts and they delivered.

We had apple, coconut cream, peach, key lime, berry, sweet potato and chocolate silk, plus donuts, cookies and Bundt cake.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I like Bill Burr's take on Nirvana....

They destroyed the 80s party take from teenagers by being depressed victims, but they were passive aggressive about it.

God damn **** is the precursor to what we have now.

Wahhh.

Except Tool.  Tool is like your Godfather telling you to shut the **** up and destroy.

• Haha 2

Two people in my group gave me a heads up to look for jobs, and despite my reason for optimisim, did anyway. 

Got two job interviews lined up this week after having resume out there public for only two days.

I really don't want to leave yet, but I think don't that matters right now.