Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

19 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

My wife and I are devout Colgate Total users but our daughter prefers Crest Complete. Should I get a DNA test?

Did yall try to push Colgate Total on her? Are yall Colgate Total evangelists? Because she's probably jus rebelling.

Think household of sports fan trying too hard to steer their child to root for a crappy team, then the child roots for their rival because of it.

Happens all the time...

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Did yall try to push Colgate Total on her? Are yall Colgate Total evangelists? Because she's probably jus rebelling.

Think household of sports fan trying too hard to steer their child to root for a crappy team, then the child roots for their rival because of it.

Happens all the time...

I never pushed it, just like I’ll never push my Commanders fandom on them. My kids are free to spread their wings outside of the NFC East.

• Like 1

First day out with the girls in a couple of years...of course, it's lunch & a Gladiators game!  We're playing the SC Stingrays, the ECHL farm team for the Caps.  (The logo on their sweaters looks like the eagle, and I was wearing a Caps hat, shirt, and mask.)  Glads came out to pillars of fire & "Everybody Wants Some"...many gloves were dropped, 4 fights, one lasted almost 5 minutes.  A Stingray player lost a chicklet getting hit by a puck to the face.  Blood was covered up by a ref shaving some ice over it.  Only negatives?  Even the power plays have corporate sponsorship, tickets have more than doubled, and a new $7 parking fee.   

Great day, tho, and a good crowd.  

20220313_145541.thumb.jpg.8e82ff4699f5b1d6ad478b364f73c07f.jpg

Edited by skinsmarydu
syntax
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

I'm finding I much prefer when people 'react' to my posts than 'quote'.

I wish there was a function here where users can select that members couldn't reply.... just 'react' 🙂

I'd much rather read than post anyways... I'm beginning to resent the entanglements of online discussion.

I need to resume lurking like I did for previous 10 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I wish there was a function here where users can select that members couldn't reply.... just 'react' 🙂

I'd much rather read than post anyways... I'm beginning to resent the entanglements of online discussion.

Like today with the hockey game, I have bursts. 

But I probably won't say anything for a while because nobody really cares. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's blueberry for me. I love blueberries prepared anyway. 

Another thought: with all these famous people dying in their 70s on up, it's really hitting me that I'm there. I'm trying to ignore this fact. 

Since we've met in person, I can say that your spirit is much younger.  Rejoice! 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Die Hard said:

I like this 

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Nothing beats warm apple pie.

Unless you're Warrant. 

Melt a slice of deluxe American cheese on that apple pie.  😉

And you just reminded me of the bar crawl of my 29th birthday in Athens, GA with the Warrant thing.   I did the "drop and point" in the 40 Watt Club, where REM was found. 

Please, don't do that again. :ols:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1