Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

‘Yes’: Jared Kushner calls US handling of coronavirus a success story after being questioned on 170,000 death toll

Donald Trump’s son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner has described the administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic as a success – even as around 1,000 Americans are still dying every day.

Interviewing Mr Kushner on CNN’s The Situation Room, host Wolf Blitzer played a clip from April in which Mr Kushner predicted that by July the country would be “really rocking again” after a “great success story” for the Trump administration.

“More than 170,000 Americans are now dead from this pandemic over the last five or six months,” asked Mr Blitzer after rolling the tape. “Are 170,000 dead Americans, would you still suggest that this has been a success story?”

“Yes," replied Mr Kushner, without hesitation. "Look, there’s been a lot of challenges. This has been a global pandemic, a lot of unprecedented challenges.

Click on the link for the full article

8 hours ago, Destino said:

That video should be marked NSFW because that was a murder.  Cooper just methodically killed that guy on national television.  

There are journalists that take absolutely no ****...he's one of them. My R mom loves him. Long before he came out, I told her he was gay...and Shep too!...wish I coulda taken a picture of her face. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

There are journalists that take absolutely no ****...he's one of them. My R mom loves him. Long before he came out, I told her he was gay...and Shep too!...wish I coulda taken a picture of her face. 😄

Something like this? : )

EnchantedVainAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KAOSkins said:

Facebooked? I have two thirds of my acquaintances unfollowed. Ignorance is bliss. 

No, this was actually via text message. It's someone who used to live in this area but moved a few years ago. She's basically a "COVID-19 is just the flu" person. And she lives in goddamn Texas, for ****'s sake. That's like working at the LHC and not believing in subatomic particles. 

• Like 3

Y'all see where this fool Trump was criticizing Michelle Obama's DNC closing speech cause it wasn't live, and he could tell because she didn't even have the most up to date death count

What a raging bag of dicks this guy is. Thats beyond the rest of the bull**** that comes out of his mouth. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Facebooked? I have two thirds of my acquaintances unfollowed. Ignorance is bliss. 

You might as well delete your account and make them call you if they want to stay in touch.

One of Facebook's biggest mistakes was calling everyone a friend like all friends are created equal...or friends at all.  They should change it to followers like Twitter, or something. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You might as well delete your account and make them call you if they want to stay in touch.

One of Facebook's biggest mistakes was calling everyone a friend like all friends are created equal...or friends at all.  They should change it to followers like Twitter, or something. 

There are the few I wish to remain in touch with, at least in an ethereal basis.  And family.  It works with minimal fuss.  If Trump wins, however, all bets are off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Try no facebook and tell me how you feel.  It's fantastic.

Little stuff that sets the world on fire doesn't even reach your shores. Its amazing. Family and close friends even stop talking about the crap on there around you cause they know you have no interest. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Little stuff that sets the world on fire doesn't even reach your shores. Its amazing. Family and close friends even stop talking about the crap on there around you cause they know you have no interest. 

"Did you see...oh, thats right..."

"Yes. Thats right."

*actual quotes

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

One of the best things I've done in the past couple of years was getting rid of it.  Twitter might be next.  Although I've culled who I follow down to primarily sports, that still doesn't mean people aren't retweeting **** I don't want to see.  Instagram is pretty much all I need and if it weren't for photography I wouldn't have it, either.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

One of the best things I've done in the past couple of years was getting rid of it.  Twitter might be next.  Although I've culled who I follow down to primarily sports, that still doesn't mean people aren't retweeting **** I don't want to see.  Instagram is pretty much all I need and if it weren't for photography I wouldn't have it, either.  

Twitter was Soviet Unioned at work. It's such a beautiful thing, exploring it here at home.

Def had to unfollow Elon Musk with the quickness, tho

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

No, this was actually via text message. It's someone who used to live in this area but moved a few years ago. She's basically a "COVID-19 is just the flu" person. And she lives in goddamn Texas, for ****'s sake. That's like working at the LHC and not believing in subatomic particles. 

I live in Texas. That’s the default position here. It’s why we are where we are.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Twitter was Soviet Unioned at work. It's such a beautiful thing, exploring it here at home.

I don't mind twitter too much, I only really check it when I'm on the ****ter.  But it's not a coincidence that there's a decline in civil discourse when people are trying to have serious conversations and limiting themselves to 280 characters.  Seems like that's all anyone knows how to do anymore. 

57 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I haven't made an account, but I keep up with Barack & Dave Mustaine, two extremely important people to me. 💖 I've never had a FB/Myspace account, I just hang out here with y'all. 

Agree with Beal...there's some shady **** going on with the numbers, here in GA too. 

It's the first week of school, I drive by about a half dozen on my 5-mile trek to work...it's glorious that they decided to stay virtual, from a traffic standpoint. But the restaurant needs sales, so I had a training meeting with the folks on the phones...sell the house..."How about a bottle of wine with your dinner?" "Homemade tiramisu for dessert?" (and it is...omg)

Damn, I'm OT...sorry. 😄

• Like 1

Since joining this outfit fifteen years ago (prior to that talking with strangers online seemingly involved nothing but pedos and chatrooms) face book and one other anonymous site (WWE style political flame wars that is ashamedly fun) are all I've ever signed up for.  No interest in Twitter or Instagram or what have you. Faceboom has definitely lost its appeal. The end is niegh.