Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

twitter was way more fun back before 2016. it was mostly comedians then trying to outwit each other. then trump became president and everything on there got political, his followers got louder, outgrew facebook, and learned how to use twitter. since then, i have to try to avoid reading comments to every post or else its unbearable.

Edited by mammajamma

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m not saying Florida is cooking the books, but I am saying that their positivity rate is still above 15% and they’re doing about 20k fewer tests per day that they were two weeks ago.

No doubt. They have the lowest test rate of any state in the top ten as far as cases and one of the lowest test rates in the country. DeSantis is a shady dude and I totally believe that they are under testing and under reporting so he doesn't look like the incompetent idiot that he is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Damn... so jealous right now. 

Too bad Trump and company had their head up their asses!

On January 23, Wuhan was sealed off from the outside world in an unprecedented state-imposed lockdown to contain the fast spreading virus. All flights, trains and buses were canceled and highway entrances blocked. Public transport in the city was shut down, and residents were banned from leaving their communities -- even for grocery shopping.
Other cities in Hubei province soon followed suit, adopting similar restrictions.

57 minutes ago, zskins said:

On January 23, Wuhan was sealed off from the outside world in an unprecedented state-imposed lockdown to contain the fast spreading virus. All flights, trains and buses were canceled and highway entrances blocked. Public transport in the city was shut down, and residents were banned from leaving their communities -- even for grocery shopping.
Other cities in Hubei province soon followed suit, adopting similar restrictions.

Didn't their government also drop off boxes of free groceries at each household so that nobody would need to go shopping?

14 hours ago, zskins said:

We would have burned this mother down if Trump closed borders and made people stay in their homes. IF, big IF, China isn’t lying about their citizens health, there isn’t a chance in hell that we could have quarantined in the same way as China.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We would have burned this mother down if Trump closed borders and made people stay in their homes. IF, big IF, China isn’t lying about their citizens health, there isn’t a chance in hell that we could have quarantined in the same way as China.

You are probably right. Too many states and too many borders. I still think the lack of urgency to lock down things earlier was an oversight by this administration though. Trump was too worried about this re-election status which actually is hurting him now. If he had acted quickly and decisively to control the movement between states and more restriction on foreign travel and more testing at the gates, then people would have hailed him. 

Edited by zskins

36 minutes ago, zskins said:

You are probably right. Too many states and too many borders. I still think the lack of urgency to lock down things earlier was an oversight by this administration though. Trump was too worried about this re-election status which actually is hurting him now. If he had acted quickly and decisively to control the movement between states and more restriction on foreign travel and more testing at the gates, then people would have hailed him. 

Oh he absolutely ****ed it up. All he had to do was say, “This Fauci guy is smart, listen to him.” And then pay for Covid testing for anyone who wanted it and expand the amount of tests that could be done. Like, we coulda squashed this, but while everyone was as home watching Tiger King, Trump was busy claiming that coronavirus didn’t exist.

• Like 4

its pretty apparent what would've happened if we had competent leadership in the beginning.. almost all of the countries in the beginning that were headed toward chaos (china & italy specifically), all took the lockdown approach seriously. they convinced people to stay in their homes, and obviously it worked. their numbers dropped and ours skyrocketed. its technically not too late to tell people to stay at home & don't leave for 2 weeks to get rid of this thing completely, but our leadership (mostly trump, but not just trump) isn't capable of doing that. so instead, hundreds of thousands will die, and this thing will last well into next year

• Like 1

Feel like a lot of folks giving up on this mask thing my part of town.

Not sure what a national mandate will look like, but it's obvious the goodwill on this issue has been completely blown here.

Lot of people in "F it, I'm likely asymptomatic anyway" mode, not sure how to reach those folks now. Maybe this past March, not sure about August or coming January.

Apparently the Rockville/Potomac/Bethesda area is killing it right now with minimal cases.  I saw yesterday that there was a report of 0 new cases and only 1 new case the day before.  I just saw that there have been like 6 or so in Bethesda in the past 24 hours though.

Still, those numbers are pretty damn good and make me feel a bit better knowing that.  Of course I'll still wear a mask as everyone else will continue to do, but clearly these precautions and protocols are doing something.

• Like 1