Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

All the President’s Lies About the Coronavirus

President Donald Trump has repeatedly lied about the coronavirus pandemic and the country’s preparation for this once-in-a-generation crisis.

Here, a collection of the biggest lies he’s told as the nation endures a public-health and economic calamity. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/all-the-president-s-lies-about-the-coronavirus/ar-BB11Exjq?ocid=msedgdhp

Covid-19 built a 'northern wall' between the US and Canada and it could stay up longer than anyone expected

There were no bricks and mortar, no fencing or cement, no cross-border diplomatic skirmish, just two government orders. And that was enough to essentially shut down the world's longest international border for visitors.

When the US and Canada mutually agreed in March to shut down the border to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, no one predicted it would be closed this long. There is still no specified date for its reopening, although trade has continued between the countries.

"There's a closeness that we're definitely missing, but I can tell you not anyone that I have spoken to here wants that border opened anytime soon. We miss you citizens of the US, but we're not comfortable opening the border," Bernadette Clement, the mayor of Cornwall, Ontario, said in an interview with CNN.

East to west for thousands of miles, in communities on both sides of the national divide, the border closure is redefining not just economic relationships, but personal lives, in ways no one expected.

"This really is going to have a long-term impact on our communities, economically, socially and on all the things that are really important to us," said Tim Currier, the mayor of Massena, New York, a "sister" community to Cornwall, just a few miles cross the border on the other side of the St. Lawrence River.

No longer. The border is shut tight for any trips that are deemed "non-essential" or discretionary and that includes all recreation and tourism.

Statistics Canada recently reported that cross border car trips are down about 95% across both sides of the border.

Click on the link for the full article

hello dear friends, this is jumbo interceding----this post, tho it's basic content was relevant to the topic, deliberately began a kirk-cousins-specific derail tangent that was shut down quickly

rather than scrub all the posts that were part of it, or would keep it going, which is something i'm trying to avoid for several reasons, i'm asking you to just read those posts that mention cousins but do not add to that tangent with any reply to them---just move on---thank you

Come get your boy, @Spaceman Spiff.

• Haha 6

• Jumbo locked this topic

ok...pretty sure i saw beal and others had time to read my original post here and i tried the idea i had of editing his original post in a manner to preempt replies and we'll see if it works...and i'm editing out some of the previous content of this post that doesn't need to remain, but i've left the below from my original

btw, i agree with all the negative reactions i've read

all that said, it's a relevant post and it it were another celebrity it would also be fair game

so now we've got to read however many crap cousin-centric posts are going to appear or i can just scrub the thread of those posts which is a pain plus i hate doing that for other reasons...so thanks beal, but without any rancor here's a mod directive for you--don't make any post, or react to any post, on kirk cousins again on this site :)...that's your 'penalty' :ols: 

so, again, please do not add to any 'cousins' derail 

• Haha 1

• Jumbo unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The narcissism of people like Cousins is amazing. "I will be fine, if not oh well". As if he is not capable of infecting others, especially the most vulnerable in our communities. Complete jackass.

He's allowed to believe what he wants...he stated in the interview that he wears masks out of respect for other people. What else do we really want out of people?

A Minnesota biker who attended the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has died of covid-19 —- the first fatality from the virus traced to the 10-day event that drew more than 400,000 to South Dakota.

The man was in his 60s, had underlying conditions and was hospitalized in intensive care for several weeks after returning from the rally, said Kris Ehresmann, infectious-disease director at the Minnesota Department of Health. The case is among at least 260 cases in 11 states tied directly to the event, according to a survey of health departments by The Washington Post.

So idiotic.

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

We know there are people on all sides of this issue. So, I would think the way Cousins is acting is precisely what we want. Since we will never have 100% agreement, isn't it enough for someone to say "I don't see it this way, but I'll comply with the masks" 

To me that sets a perfectly fine example. 

There is no acceptable condition under which someone with a public platform should be spreading misinformation in the midst of a global pandemic that is killing thousands every day.

What you call is a perfect example is the kind of asshole-ry that made the US have the worst outbreak in the world. He wears a mask? Great. Don't go on the radio and then tell people that masks don't work with your zero expertise in medical science or epidemiology.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4