Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

This is a perfect demonstration of the stupid in this country. It also provides proof that while you may not be born stupid, you can be taught to be stupid. There is what looks to be a 5 to 7 y/o child who tells us that the flu is more deadly than corona. He did not read that in the WSJ. Some idiot adult - likely a parent - has told him that and he has no way of knowing just how dumb the statement is. They should have their child taken away due to child abuse. Just becasue you can procreate does not mean you should be a parent. 

• Like 1

So I've got something to get off of my chest.

I 100% believe, from the bottom of my heart, that wearing a mask around groups of people (shopping, work, meetings, etc) while inside protects ME. Specifically a multi layered surgical mask (or something other than a thin gaiter). I believe that even if I'm exposed to Covid while wearing a mask, I'll get a lower viral load resulting in an asymptomatic or very minimal case of Coronavirus. I believe that this type of case is less likely to spread to the community as well. I know that the science doesn't 100% support this thesis, but I can't help but think that logically a mask also protects the wearer.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I 100% believe, from the bottom of my heart, that wearing a mask around groups of people (shopping, work, meetings, etc) while inside protects ME. Specifically a multi layered surgical mask (or something other than a thin gaiter). I believe that even if I'm exposed to Covid while wearing a mask, I'll get a lower viral load resulting in an asymptomatic or very minimal case of Coronavirus. I believe that this type of case is less likely to spread to the community as well. I know that the science doesn't 100% support this thesis, but I can't help but think that logically a mask also protects the wearer.

Science is starting to support that theory.  People (not you, but people) still forget that this is a NEW virus.  Sure, it behaves in a lot of ways like other Corona viruses, but remember how much we learned about AIDS in the first couple of years?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

^^^ I agree. My mom is a retired nurse, and my niece is a nurse in an ER. 

Wear it. 

Wearing it WON'T kill you. Not wearing it may. What reasonable person who can process knowledge wouldn't???

Yeah my mom is retiring as a school nurse of like 30 years and she wears a mask all the time when students come in ... because she doesn't want to catch what they have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

^^^ I agree. My mom is a retired nurse, and my niece is a nurse in an ER. 

Wear it. 

Wearing it WON'T kill you. Not wearing it may. What reasonable person who can process knowledge wouldn't???

I have started mocking "friends" online that don't do this. I got blocked which made me laugh. There is a special kind of ignorance on the right these days. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

There is science to support this and this is common practice in Asian countries during flu season.

Asia handled the pandemic well because mask wearing behavior is common and universally agreed upon as an effective tool to protect yourself and to protect others.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

There is science to support this and this is common practice in Asian countries during flu season.

Asia handled the pandemic well because mask wearing behavior is common and universally agreed upon as an effective tool to protect yourself and to protect others.

Asia is light years ahead of USA in this. Check out University of Illinois is doing, its Asia light but its working. 

There's definitely an overall cultural aspect in this country that's clearly not as conducive to acceptance of things like widespread mask wearing as it is in other countries, but I also don't think the impact of a POTUS actively discouraging such prudent and potentially life saving behavior can be overstated.

If Trump had come out from the beginning and said that he realized wearing masks can be cumbersome and a burden but it really will help keep us all safer and it's a patriotic thing to do, I think the vast majority of this "NO FACEMASKS! MUH FREEDUMS! FASCISTS!" bull**** wouldn't even be a thing.

It's like the guy's every action and inaction somehow all lead to more death. It would be borderline impressive if it weren't such a perilous situation with people losing their lives.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

This would have saved thousands and thousands of lives.  To block the simple act of saving lives is unforgivable and incomprehensible.  The evil of the Trump administration never ceases to amaze me.

But it might have crashed the stock market caused a panic.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I really wish they would stop treating it like Trump and his people were concerned about panicking people (or even gave two wet farts about them). 

They were concerned about panicking the stock market and that in turn damaging Trump politically.

. . . before they could sell theirs.  

• Like 1