Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Quick question, which do you believe, the CDC or Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview when it comes to the percentage of new tests that are positive? The CDC through the MD department of health say 3.7 percent of people tested for COVID19 are positive. Hopkins says the number is 6.2 percent. That is large difference and it matters when some of the metrics for opening and closing hinge on being below 5 percent.

Edited by gbear

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Seeing on twitter how trump supporters are spinning these taped comments is insane...and none of them seem to be willing to extrapolate their logic to current events. If they did, their brains might spontaneously combust.

Post some of the more amusing ones if you don't mind.  I unfollowed Trump on Twitter literally this morning because I'm tired of his schtick and it's no longer comical.  It's just sad and hard to stomach.  So I missed any gems today.

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Post some of the more amusing ones if you don't mind.  I unfollowed Trump on Twitter literally this morning because I'm tired of his schtick and it's no longer comical.  It's just sad and hard to stomach.  So I missed any gems today.

Replying to
Nothingburger.... he didn’t want to create mass hysteria.

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

This story is in no way, shape or form going away easily.  You can't have 200,000 Americans die, say you knew just how serious and dangerous COVID was, admit you downplayed the seriousness no matter what the reason, and the result be a collective "Eh, whatever."

It's not about whether the story will go away or not, it's about the fact that no matter what damning evidence comes out on him - his cult will make an excuse for all of it.  As you posted, they've already been doing that.  Trump has done such a tremendous job of brainwashing his cult into every bit of disparaging news on him is fake that they truly believe that.  So we're still at the same point we were before this stuff came out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's not about whether the story will go away or not, it's about the fact that no matter what damning evidence comes out on him - his cult will make an excuse for all of it.  As you posted, they've already been doing that.  Trump has done such a tremendous job of brainwashing his cult into every bit of disparaging news on him is fake that they truly believe that.  So we're still at the same point we were before this stuff came out.

It's not really about that, either lol...it's about how much this galvanizes the rest of the nation's voters as well as any possible ramifications for Trump in the near future should he actually win again (I just threw up in my mouth a little lol). My point, though, was that most of Trump's presidential incompetence is given like a week at most before it's either overtaken by something else or just ignored due to controversy drain...it just gets thrown on the pile and we move on with life. This is gonna be something that might dwarf the entire pile, though.

Side story--got into a back and forth like 2 months ago on twitter with a Trump supporter about the protests basically being little more than an excuse to riot and loot. This guy said for me to watch the videos and stop listening to CNN, etc. I told him to watch more than FOX and OANN, and then told him that FOX had even admitted to using doctored photos to paint what was going on in Seattle at the time as far worse than it really was (I think it was Seattle). I linked the guy to several reports showing the doctored photos and how they even used video footage from Minneapolis and claimed it was from Seattle. Didn't hear back from the guy for maybe 30 minutes or so, and when he responded he said "That's straight-up propaganda by FOX. I'm going to have to rethink some things." So, you know, there is a little hope that this could sway some folks anyway lol...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Side story--got into a back and forth like 2 months ago on twitter with a Trump supporter about the protests basically being little more than an excuse to riot and loot. This guy said for me to watch the videos and stop listening to CNN, etc. I told him to watch more than FOX and OANN, and then told him that FOX had even admitted to using doctored photos to paint what was going on in Seattle at the time as far worse than it really was (I think it was Seattle). I linked the guy to several reports showing the doctored photos and how they even used video footage from Minneapolis and claimed it was from Seattle. Didn't hear back from the guy for maybe 30 minutes or so, and when he responded he said "That's straight-up propaganda by FOX. I'm going to have to rethink some things." So, you know, there is a little hope that this could sway some folks anyway lol...

I wish I had that much free time to piss away :(