Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

28 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

They're not just playing politics, they're actively destroying the FDA.  The good people at the FDA who rely on science and data won't compromise on the regulations in place and the ethics of getting drugs/vaccines approved as their first consideration is always safety.  Those people will leave, especially since ex-FDA staffers can make big bucks in pharmaceutical consulting.  The FDA will be left with a weakened, less experienced staff that will make more mistakes (adversely affecting health and safety of the people due to incompletely or improperly reviewed products getting approved) and it will take a long time to repair the damage.  **** Trump and his whole evil administration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Former Nashville councilman Tony Tenpenny dies from COVID-19 complications

Tenpenny was hospitalized for more than a month at one of the St. Thomas hospitals and was placed on a ventilator earlier in September. He died overnight, Shulman said on Sunday afternoon.  

"I am always saddened when I learn of the death of a former elected official," Shulman said in a statement. "My thoughts and prayers are with his family as they face this loss." 

Tenpenny, who served on the Metro Council between 2011-2015, was a conservative member of the city's governing body and represented District 16. He unsuccessfully ran for reelection last year. 

In the months before his death, Tony Tenpenny shared social media posts calling into question the veracity of the ongoing global pandemic and the government's response.

Click on the link for the full article

48 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

We really really need to have a Nuremberg style hearing after Trump is gone....all of his enablers need to be barred from government forever

I've had this fantasy for a while.  

Innauguration day.  Barr and the new AG are in the office.  Packing up the bookcase.  Changing the combination for the safe.  Swapping pictures on the wall.  

New AG shakes hands with Barr.  Exchanges a few pleasantries.  

And as Barr passes the door, the FBI agent who is holding the door open says "You are under arrest, for conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury, and falsification of official records."  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

I've had this fantasy for a while.  Innauguration day.  Barr and the new AG are in the office.  Packing up the bookcase.  Changing the combination for the safe.  Swapping pictures on the wall.  

New AG shakes hands with Barr.  Exchanges a few pleasantries.  And as Barr passes the door, the FBI agent who is holding the door open says "You are under arrest, for conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury, and falsification of official records."  

one of my go-to fantasies for trumplets is based on the ole jason and the argonauts classic

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Fun fact:  If we were to observe a 1 second moment of silence for each of the 200,000+ people who have died from coronavirus in this country, it would take over 55 hours.

'Unfathomable': US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000

The U.S. death toll from the coronavirus topped 200,000 Tuesday, by far the highest in the world, hitting the once-unimaginable threshold six weeks before an election that is certain to be a referendum in part on President Donald Trump’s handling of the crisis.

“It is completely unfathomable that we’ve reached this point,” said Jennifer Nuzzo, a Johns Hopkins University public health researcher, eight months after the scourge first reached the world’s richest nation, with its state-of-the-art laboratories, top-flight scientists and stockpiles of medical supplies.

The number of dead is equivalent to a 9/11 attack every day for 67 days. It is roughly equal to the population of Salt Lake City or Huntsville, Alabama.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1