Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

American Passports Are Worthless Now (Map)

America is not united anymore and it’s barely a state. They have crashed right through failed state into a plague state, unwelcome across the world. This has been predicted, including here. Now it has come to pass. Just look at the map.

Americans have gone from having access to most of the world to being banned from most of it. Today, Americans are only allowed in a few Caribbean islands and the Balkans. An American passport is now worthless. Worse than worthless, it’s a plague.

In the absence of a humane government, America is now ruled by COVID-19. Welcome to the Plague States of America.

I think it is difficult for Americans to understand that they are, to use an epidemiological term, completely ****ed. COVID-19 could have been managed in January, or February, or even now, but not a full year later, in January 2021. Given than you need a functioning government to manage this pandemic, that’s the soonest Americans can get one.

It’s far too late.

https://medium.com/@indica/the-plague-states-of-america-53b20678a80e

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 11.46.05 AM.png

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Our people voted in Trump on a racist, isolationist platform built on keeping people out. 

Four years later, everyone is keeping us out. 

Savor the irony and do your part to make sure this never happens again. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Just had a swab test done. Or, rather, did it to myself. This should only be done by a lab tech because I have no idea if I did it right. It stung and made me want to sneeze but it can't be that bad if you're swabbing your own nose because you'll instinctively be limiting the pain. Whatever.

Someone in my wife's family is really sick with COVID and they saw each other at a thing like 3 weeks ago, but she was wearing a mask. His wife and kid is negative and my wife isn't showing symptoms. Neither am I. It's probably fine, but I just wanted to check to be sure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Just had a swab test done. Or, rather, did it to myself.

This is a thing? Swab yourself?  feels weird - like Ive had a few strep tests and I instinctively pull back and gag, I cant imagine trying to get that q tip as far up the nose as it needs to go :)  Best of luck w/ your results Bacon

8 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

This is a thing? Swab yourself?  feels weird - like Ive had a few strep tests and I instinctively pull back and gag, I cant imagine trying to get that q tip as far up the nose as it needs to go :)  Best of luck w/ your results Bacon

Yeah, it's a drive thru scenario here. You roll your window down, take the swab from a man in a hazmat suit, swirl it around in each nostril for 10 seconds to a point where "you feel resistance," put it back and go. I can't imagine this is the best process. 

Thanks for the well-wishes. No matter what, I just hope it's accurate. 

Edited by Bacon

6 hours ago, visionary said:

I really, really doubt this story is true.  Patients dying of COVID are rarely that lucid, and even if they are, are in too much respiratory distress to speak, especially not a full sentence. 

not that the sentiment is wrong, of course.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I really, really doubt this story is true.  Patients dying of COVID are rarely that lucid, and even if they are, are in too much respiratory distress to speak, especially not a full sentence. 

I was curious about that also. I figured someone who was near death from something like that would, for one reason or another, have a very hard time communicating. Wouldn't he also have likely been on a ventilator that close to death as well?

Edited by mistertim

42 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Depends on how "just before" is defined. It could have been several days before they died, and not a few hours. I know there have been people who tweeted the day before they died....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Depends on how "just before" is defined. It could have been several days before they died, and not a few hours. I know there have been people who tweeted the day before they died....

I thought the same, maybe they were able to write it...

No matter how, or if even a true story. I'll proceed with the same caution. I will die if I get this, so I will do everything possible to avoid it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Jesus. (Keith Olbermann voice) "That man is an idiot."

Georgia's cases are soaring. The only upside is that it took us 3 days to meet Florida's 1 day total. I know how much you love Disney, @Larry, but I'm begging you to not go. Yet. 

If it makes you feel any better, Florida has double the population and is doing nearly triple the amount of tests daily as Georgia

15 hours ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, it's a drive thru scenario here. You roll your window down, take the swab from a man in a hazmat suit, swirl it around in each nostril for 10 seconds to a point where "you feel resistance," put it back and go. I can't imagine this is the best process. 

Thanks for the well-wishes. No matter what, I just hope it's accurate. 

I just got a Covid test on Friday at a local clinic here in South Florida. It was not self administered. I was prepared for the long, uncomfortable swab up to the brain that I've heard everyone describe(including co-workers that have been tested). Each nostril was quickly swabbed in a circular fashion with a very short swab. It was not inserted very deep into my nose and it was surprisingly gentle. I did not feel resistance at all.  I immediately had doubts that the test was performed correctly and even questioned the tech. Can anyone confirm is this a new type of testing method? It's not what I was expecting at all and I question whether I was correctly tested. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

I really dislike articles like this because they identify a phenomena without any clear context of its probability. I highly doubt reinfection in a short time span is a real possibility for the vast vast majority of humans. Finding a handful of cases isn’t surprising because some people will have biological quirks that are very rare but might make them more susceptible to reinfection. 

Vox does really bad science journalism.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

Did anybody look at Florida's number today?  Whopping 15,300.  I was hoping daily death would peak at 100 or a bit more.  Ain't happening.  It will be multiples that.

Yup. I think a large chunk of America has no idea what a catastrophe we have on our hands right now. Sadly, it's already too late to do anything about it and even more sadly, we are going to continue to exacerbate it over the next month or so. By the time people realize how badly we had ****ed things up by July 12, we will have ****ed things up even worse by many multiples.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff