Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

13 hours ago, zskins said:

Debit card? For my kids that was for the unemployment they are collecting. If you filed your taxes with direct depoist then you got the money in your bank account. 

How is it prorated? We got $500 for each kid.

12 hours ago, purbeast said:

I don't know but we have one kid and didn't get even close to $500 total.

My wife has a separate unemployment debit card.  This was specifically for the stimulus bull****.  I've filed taxes with direct deposit for as long as it's been allowed.

5 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I got my stimulus check but it was only for 37.40 lol.  Also how come the media stopped covering the virus.  They are doing exactly what Trump wants.  Making the virus disappear. 

There is a separate thread that this conversation belongs in:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You got me beat by a few bucks.  Did you get a legit check or the debit card?

When we were checking our balance on the debit card we expected it to be at least $500 cause of our son and I hadn't done any math on prorating it after you make above the threshold, but we legit LOL'd when we heard the balance.  Had to call back to be sure we entered the number in correctly.

Direct deposit.  

• Haha 1

Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. to Require States to Report Demographic Data Amid Disparities

Fine-grained data on race and ethnicity may help the U.S. begin to address inequities. New infections around the world are topping 100,000 a day. An Indian vaccine manufacturer is ready to make a billion doses.

Here’s what you need to know:

-U.S. orders states to report demographic data, after disproportionate effects of the virus.
-A study in The Lancet on the risks of hydroxychloroquine is retracted by its authors.
-The number of confirmed cases is growing faster than ever as new hot spots emerge around the world.
-If AstraZeneca’s vaccine is approved, an Indian manufacturer has agreed to make at least a billion doses.
-Workers fearful of catching the virus face being fired if they don’t return to work.
-N.Y.C. could enter the second reopening phase in early July, the mayor says.
-The N.B.A. owners approve a plan to restart the season in July, a key step before basketball can resume.

NEJM, Lancet place expressions of concern on controversial studies of drugs for COVID-19

The article, “Compassionate use of remdesivir for patients with severe Covid-19,” appeared in in April and immediately triggered waves of both enthusiasm and skepticism. The researchers reported that:

In this cohort of patients hospitalized for severe Covid-19 who were treated with compassionate-use remdesivir, clinical improvement was observed in 36 of 53 patients (68%). Measurement of efficacy will require ongoing randomized, placebo-controlled trials of remdesivir therapy. (Funded by Gilead Sciences.)

Not surprisingly, the paper received an avalanche of page views, press coverage and attention on social media. It even prompted an open letter from Daniel O’Day, the CEO of Gilead, which makes the drug, sponsored the study and wrote “earlier versions” of the manuscript. 

Surgisphere: governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company

A search of publicly available material suggests several of Surgisphere’s employees have little or no data or scientific background. An employee listed as a science editor appears to be a science fiction author and fantasy artist whose professional profile suggests writing is her fulltime job. Another employee listed as a marketing executive is an adult model and events hostess, who also acts in videos for organisations.

Edited by FrFan

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I normally take pics out but this is so extraordinary. It demonstrates this administration to a tee. Who cares what happens to people. We just care about what it looks like!!  The depths of human trash. 

• Like 2

@AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy Many of my friends are totally over the virus. They don’t see the danger or care about the outlier cases affecting all ages and even the healthy. It’s not enough to give them pause anymore. I’m pretty certain this is happening all over the country and it’s a reminder, for me at least, to hold firm And keep riding this out. 

My wife is kinda leaning the way of let’s get on with our lives also, wanting to link up with her pregnant sister and husband who live in New Orleans, at her parents house in Tampa. Its put me in the position of being “the alarmist“ and suggest, I don’t think it’s worth it man.   We have two young kids, who’ve been cooped up for what seems like an eternity. So I get it. 80% of deaths are 65 and older, so I get it. A quick review of what’s happening with Covid yesterday produced the headline of 8yr old girl dies from corona. For me, that gives me pause, enough to bypass an unnecessary meeting of people (1 pregnant) from 3 different cities in one house interacting like it’s all good.

This thing has put a strain on everyone, and I don’t blame anyone for however they want to handle it. But man it’s tough.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

This thing has put a strain on everyone, and I don’t blame anyone for however they want to handle it. But man it’s tough.

I feel you, man. I’m high risk. My aunt lives with me and is high risk. If you go out around here, nobody is wearing masks. No social distancing.

Went to pick up a cheeseburger for her at a diner last week. No masks on the cooks or staff. It’s crazy.

There’s no respect for the science in my area. I have no idea when I’ll feel safe to go out again.

• Like 3

The World Health Organization (WHO) updated its guidance on Friday to recommend that governments ask everyone to wear fabric face masks in public areas where there is a risk of transmission of COVID-19 to help reduce the spread of the pandemic disease.

In its new guidance, prompted by evidence from studies conducted in recent weeks, the WHO stressed that face masks were only one of a range of tools that can reduce the risk of viral transmission, and should not give a false sense of protection.

READ MORE: Where to buy face masks online in Canada and how to choose

“We are advising governments to encourage that the general public wear a mask. And we specify a fabric mask – that is, a non-medical mask,” the WHO’s technical lead expert on COVID-19, Maria Van Kerkhove, told Reuters in an interview.

“We have new research findings,” she added. “We have evidence now that if this is done properly it can provide a barrier … for potentially infectious droplets.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7030379/who-guidelines-masks-coronavirus/

Nice of the World Health Organization to catch up.  The anti mask weirdos have been pointing to the WHO refusing to recommend masks fir a while now.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I normally take pics out but this is so extraordinary. It demonstrates this administration to a tee. Who cares what happens to people. We just care about what it looks like!!  The depths of human trash. 

You being too generous.

He wants them to get COVID.

• Like 1