Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

On 2/23/2020 at 7:40 AM, Redskin21502 said:

The proposal from the NFL that I read a few months ago had the 17th game as a neutral site game. Some in places like London and Mexico City and others in college stadiums in the US. The proposal also had 2 bye weeks for every team which pushes back the Super Bowl to mid to late February.

I’d like that as it would allow giving teams going to play on Thursday a bye the week before 

57 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Rudolph came free from the Vikings since they drafted Irv Smith last year....Rudolph would be a great Redskin.

Also, someone that Scott Turner is familiar with in his days as QB coach in Minny.

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Rudolph came free from the Vikings since they drafted Irv Smith last year....Rudolph would be a great Redskin.

They will not get rid of Rudolph. No way.  The guy does it all. I think they keep him and Smith Jr.   I think they will dump Digg's, which of course does not help us at TE. But hell I think we should take Digg's if he comes available. He is super motivated to win. His teammates like him and yeah, he may get a rep by some as a diva, but that is not how his teammates or coaches see him. 

17 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

They will not get rid of Rudolph. No way.  The guy does it all. I think they keep him and Smith Jr.   I think they will dump Digg's, which of course does not help us at TE. But hell I think we should take Digg's if he comes available. He is super motivated to win. His teammates like him and yeah, he may get a rep by some as a diva, but that is not how his teammates or coaches see him. 

youre right, I just looked it up and they signed him to a 4 year deal last June.....Looks like I may have reported fake news. It was last year there was talk of him being traded. I'm suspending myself for two hours.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:20 PM, Lovi said:

4AF548BA-BE52-4DD2-AA68-FC558EDFFD9D.jpeg

Every time I use an intended pun my wife and children treat it as a bad joke.  Which is why we say "no pun intended" because to most people an intended pun does sound like a bad joke...I guess.  

I should just have minded my on business.  :kickcan:

While most of the conversation centers around the crop of receivers available in this year’s draft, there’s an equally talented group expected to be available in free agency. The free agent receivers offer quality at the top as well as several third and fourth wideouts who will not be too pricey. So how do they stack up? Here’s a look at how teams rate the top four receivers slated for free agency and what their next course of action may be:

1) AJ Green/Cincinnati Bengals: Green is far and away the top receiver that could hit the open market, which is his desire. As has been reported, the Bengals will either sign him to a long-term deal or place the franchise tag on Green.

2) Amari Cooper/Dallas Cowboys: The Cowboys would like to keep Cooper after giving the Raiders a first-round pick for him two years ago – but do they have the money? I’m told Dallas could put the franchise tag on Cooper if they can fit him under the salary cap.

3) Emmanuel Sanders/San Francisco 49ers: Sanders wants to stay with the Niners and San Francisco wants him back. If the contract is not too exorbitant, it’s very likely Sanders ends up back with the Niners.

4) Robby Anderson/NY Jets: League sources tell me the word is the Jets will try and re-sign Anderson. And why not? He’s been the team’s most consistent receiver and lethal downfield threat. He’s also built a great rapport on the field with quarterback Sam Darnold the past two years and that’s something the Jets probably don’t want to disturb.

If Cooper is tagged by the Cowboys, and both Green and Sanders re-sign with their existing teams, the conversation changes. Anderson will then be the top receiver on the free agent market and may price himself out of New York. The natural fit would be the Philadelphia Eagles, as the team needs speed at receiver, expects to lose Nelson Agholor to free agency, and Anderson is a Temple product. Then again, would the Eagles spend $10 million a year on a receiver when it seems that money is likely to be used on a cornerback?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-scouting-combine-latest-news-rumors/

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan just said he heard from people he knows they will target

Kenyan Drake

Austin Hooper

Amari Cooper

On board for all of these. I’m much more iffy on Hooper. I’m not sure how I feel about him. But man, Drake is a show stopper. He can do a little of everything. As can Guice. As can Love. And they’ll still have AP as the down hill change of pace guy.

Drake also checks off the all important “Alabama” box.

So does Cooper.

Roll Skins.

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

On board for all of these. I’m much more iffy on Hooper. I’m not sure how I feel about him. But man, Drake is a show stopper. He can do a little of everything. As can Guice. As can Love. And they’ll still have AP as the down hill change of pace guy.

Drake also checks off the all important “Alabama” box.

So does Cooper.

Roll Skins.

Something about Cooper really bugs me. I don't like that he was not in games at the end/big moments for the girls enough to be noticeable last year, plus the idea of paying $18mil+ on a "top tier" FA WR gives me anxiety.

I loved the guy coming out, but his NFL production, while good, is not elite, and he's looking to get paid as such.

I dunno. I wouldn't hate it like the Smith trade, but I would definitely not love it either. I could live with it if it was a good financial deal, but that is not likely. He's gonna get a bundle like Norman did.

Give me Jermaine Kearse in free agency.  Buy low candidate with great upside coming off a broken leg in last year's preseason.  Super sticky hands and amazing at contested catches.  Not super fast but if paired with a speedster like McLaurin will be such a great safety blanket over the middle for Haskins.  Will push the young receivers in training camp to try and steal his spot without hamstringing the team financially.  Garcon 2.0

7 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Something about Cooper really bugs me. I don't like that he was not in games at the end/big moments for the girls enough to be noticeable last year, plus the idea of paying $18mil+ on a "top tier" FA WR gives me anxiety.

I loved the guy coming out, but his NFL production, while good, is not elite, and he's looking to get paid as such.

I dunno. I wouldn't hate it like the Smith trade, but I would definitely not love it either. I could live with it if it was a good financial deal, but that is not likely. He's gonna get a bundle like Norman did.

Cost is definitely a concern. I don't think Cooper is going to get what he thinks he's going to get. But I think he'll get a good apy. I wouldn't sign him as a top tier guy.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan just said he heard from people he knows they will target

Kenyan Drake

Austin Hooper

Amari Cooper

With a 2nd year leap from Haskins, Austin Hooper and Amari Cooper, we could have an actual NFL offense, if we get decent play at OT. Trent is coming back. I still feel like RT is unsettled. 

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Could you imagine if Geron Christian made a miracle Year 3 leap at RT? Oh well.

I think the writing is on the wall for that dude.

He's shown zero in 2 years of spot duty to prove that he can be a starter at this level.

He may stick around because there's nobody behind him, but he was a bad pick. He gets beat like a drum every which way you can, plus he's continually hurt.

If he were capable of a leap he'd have shown something, anything by now. Unfortunately he has not.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I think the writing is on the wall for that dude.

He's shown zero in 2 years of spot duty to prove that he can be a starter at this level.

He may stick around because there's nobody behind him, but he was a bad pick. He gets beat like a drum every which way you can.

If he were capable of a leap he'd have shown something, anything by now. Unfortunately he has not.

Very true.

JP Finlay was just on the Junkies. Said the next couple weeks should tip the scale on how active Skins will be in Free Agency. If they extend Trent, it indicates that Ron and Co. feel pretty good about competing in 2020. If they don't extend Trent or opt to trade him, then they are likely going down to the studs to do a bit more of a long-term rebuild.

Thinks we'll be fairly active in free agency, but did note that the cap can roll year to year and that if the team is truly going to rebuild they may not spend a lot of $$ on big FAs this year and roll it forward.

Of course, he was speculating, and based on what he and others have said to date, they think the Skins are in a position to compete v. rebuild. But the Trent/Kerrigan situations should be indicative of what the FO is going to do.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Very true.

JP Finlay was just on the Junkies. Said the next couple weeks should tip the scale on how active Skins will be in Free Agency. If they extend Trent, it indicates that Ron and Co. feel pretty good about competing in 2020. If they don't extend Trent or opt to trade him, then they are likely going down to the studs to do a bit more of a long-term rebuild.

Thinks we'll be fairly active in free agency, but did note that the cap can roll year to year and that if the team is truly going to rebuild they may not spend a lot of $$ on big FAs this year and roll it forward.

Of course, he was speculating, and based on what he and others have said to date, they think the Skins are in a position to compete v. rebuild. But the Trent/Kerrigan situations should be indicative of what the FO is going to do.

I really hope they trade Trent and get at least a 2nd for him.. then hopefully Castonzo gets released by the Colts. He's the guy I'd target for Trent's extension money. I always viewed him (Costanzo) as a solid guy, but didn't realize he was as good a LT as he was. He's one of those quiet lunchpail under the radar guys who would fit here perfectly with Ron imo.

Here's a writeup from HogsHaven that sums the dude up and why he SHOULD be the one to get Trent's money.

"Castonzo was the starting left tackle for the Colts in 2019. He has been with Indianapolis for his entire career since being drafted 22nd overall in the 2011 draft. He is basically the same age as Trent Williams, but has been on the field more consistently in his career...

Castonzo has played a full 16-games in 6 of his 9 NFL seasons, never appearing in less than 11 games, and averaging 14.66 starts per year...

Castonzo was rated 8th among all OTs by PFF in 2019, with an offensive rating of 81.3. Based on his PFF scores, he is a slightly better pass blocker than run blocker.

In 2018, Castonzo was rated 17th by PFF, while Trent Williams was rated 22nd.

Castonzo averaged about $10.9m per year over his last two seasons (‘18-’19) on a contract he signed in 2015. He would probably command between $11m and $14m per year on a relatively short (say, 3 years) contract.

He appears to be a very solid replacement for Williams, and I wouldn’t be disappointed to see the Redskins target him in free agency if Silverback isn’t buying what Riverboat Ron is selling."

Not only a replacement, I'd say an upgrade over Williams.

I know you of all people would appreciate the money part, lets say he signs for $12-13 mil apy.

How would you feel about that and letting Trent walk?

I think the last word on Costanzo was that he was going to either play for the Colts in 2020 or retire. I don't think he is interested in changing teams at this stage in his career.

Also, I think Costanzo is 33. Trent is 31. I know there are injury concerns with Trent, but when he's on the field he is a Top 3 LT.

Also, I know it's a little bit of an old-school approach, but Trent is JUST 31. You could extend him for 2 years beyond 2020 and get him on board until he's 33. Gives you 3 more drafts to draft his replacement at LT, and you could then look to swing Trent to RT to finish out his career.

Hell, if we traded down from #2 and landed at #5 I would consider an LT there. Then I would cut Moses post-draft ... play that OT at RT in 2020 and move them over to LT when Trent's extnesion is up, or when Trent's play slips (and move Trent to RT) whichever happens first.

Archived