Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Jenkins is good but I'd be very surprised to see him come to Washington...I have a feeling he wants to go to a contender but who knows? 

Maybe he's looking for that last pay day? How good would he be with Collins back there?

I mean, he already has a ring, right?  

Think that secondary would be bomb with him and Collins back there, I'm not sold he can get paid what he wants and get on a championship contender, he needs to pick one, he's 32.

I'd give him what he wants on a 2 year contract, we should have a replacement FS by then.

Solid pickup. He understands the defense, where to be from a gap responsibility, and can the QB of the defense. He's also been in the league long enough to understand the angles he needs to take to make plays on faster opponents. We'll see.

12 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Which wouldn’t make a lot of sense when switching to a 4-3.

we might cut some of them or other things might happen.  Ryan Anderson might be a LB or he might shift to DE, Rueben Foster might end up on PUP, Jarred Norris might lose out to Harvey-Clemons and Holcomb as a backup/special teamer

37 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I look at it a bit differently. This is a massive FU to the Cowboys. He is their all time receptions leader and was brought back largely because of his leadership. By all accounts he had a very frustrating season and for him to choose another team over the booth means something. 

Yeah, it means he wasn't invited back to the booth because he sucked and was universally disliked. 

29 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Kendall Fuller played safety for the Chiefs, right? If that's the case, I'm cool with Moreland playing the slot (with a year of game-time experience under his belt) and putting Fuller back there with Collins. Good disciplined guys with great play recognition. I also think Moreau showed signs of maturation last year. Dunbar is still a question mark but in a contract year, so I would think he could be categorized as hungry. His best bet is to meditate, do some yoga with a CBD ventilator...whatever he needs to do to chill on this contract ****, stay healthy and ball out. I still think we draft a Del Rio type CB.

I was going to say put Fuller back in the slot when I started reading.  But if we have Fuller back, it does make more sense putting Moreland in the slot, he’s smaller.  I just hope Jimmy gets more interceptions in games than he does in practice this year.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I was going to say put Fuller back in the slot when I started reading.  But if we have Fuller back, it does make more sense putting Moreland in the slot, he’s smaller.  I just hope Jimmy gets more interceptions in games than he does in practice this year.

you would think all of our dbacks will get more picks this year with the pass rush we're gonna have....Jimmy especially, playing the slot and gobbling up tipped/rushed passes....he could be great.

24 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I have no idea what they are doing, I think these guys wanted to spend a boat load on Cooper and saved for it and they had no plan B. Exactly who are they saving this cap space for exactly.

Are we really upset that we didn't overpay for Cooper, Hooper or Bradberry? I like our approach thus far, I like our signings and I like our non-signings. Still plenty of opportunity "team pieces" available.

We dont need to overspend in FA right now. Build the core. Build the culture. Build depth. Fill in with the draft and our own RFA and spend that saved cap space next year when we're a bit closer.

Only three players I wished we were in on. DHop, Conklin and BJones. It wasn't in the cards so let's keep moving forward.

12 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Pierre-Louis is as good a coverage LB as there is in the NFL. 

Davis will be a 2-down LB here. 

Absolutely.

Fuller will likely be the second outside guy, but go in the slot in nickel situations. Moreland in Dime. Pierre-Louis will be a coverage backer, as will SDH.

Bostic/Holcomb should stay far away from coverage.

I take it this means the Skins aren't thinking Reuben plays much.... He may even get the axe. Who knows.

Unless TW comes back, we still don't have a legitimate left tackle. The pickings are slim, so I'd sleep a lot easier if we signed someone like Daryl Williams or Donald Penn. Beyond that, it would be great to see us sign a legit free safety, a veteran wide receiver, and another corner if we wind up trading Dunbar. I'm not counting on any of these moves, but one or more of them would be nice.  I don't know what to think about our tight end situation. I'm not a big fan of Ebron, so I guess we hope for the best with the draft and what we have.

2 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Unless TW comes back, we still don't have a legitimate left tackle. The pickings are slim, so I'd sleep a lot easier if we signed someone like Daryl Williams or Donald Penn. Beyond that, it would be great to see us sign a legit free safety, a veteran wide receiver, and another corner if we wind up trading Dunbar. I'm not counting on any of these moves, but one or more of them would be nice.  I don't know what to think about our tight end situation. I'm not a big fan of Ebron, so I guess we hope for the best with the draft and what we have.

From my understanding of the new CBA, he has to come back or he can't accrue a season like he did last year.  I believe that was part of the changes?  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

4 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I think they're targeting one in the draft. And I think they're going to try to get a second rounder to snag one there or the third. I would bet you'd see a WR/LT combo in those two rounds, depending on who is there at what picks. 

I do think they'll add a vet FA LT regardless, much later in FA when asking prices are down. 

But for the draft I think you'd see some combo of Higgins/Mims/Pittman/DuVernay/Van Jefferson + Jones/Charles/Niang/Heck

So, off-Skins chatter...

If the rumor that Brady is signing with Tampa tomorrow is true... Where does Jameis wind up?

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think they're targeting one in the draft. And I think they're going to try to get a second rounder to snag one there or the third. I would bet you'd see a WR/LT combo in those two rounds, depending on who is there at what picks. 

I do think they'll add a vet FA LT regardless, much later in FA when asking prices are down. 

But for the draft I think you'd see some combo of Higgins/Mims/Pittman/DuVernay/Van Jefferson + Jones/Charles/Niang/Heck

So, off-Skins chatter...

If the rumor that Brady is signing with Tampa tomorrow is true... Where does Jameis wind up?

I agree. I believe if we add a 2nd, we go WR/LT/TE combo with the 2nd and 3rd.

I think Jameis ends up holding a clipboard somewhere. Behind DH?

Archived