Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Latimer is actually a solid pick up, especially if we snag a more dynamic WR in the draft like Shenault.

Seems like we do have an eye on Logan Ryan. He was after 10m+ per year. We are just waiting for his price to drop a little. Carrie is a good fallback option. As is Breeland.

Plus we’ve discussed Peters on a one year deal to replace Trent, who we may well ship out for a couple of higher end mid round picks.

Quite encouraging all that lot of news.

Damn, that was rough. Bet we won't be seeing Conn around here for a long time.  :ols:  🤡

2 hours ago, DCdangerous said:

What if we trade TW for a 3rd round pick AND a player? If the choice are Jets and Browns, who would they give to us?

The only reason that he is still a part of the team and hasn't been traded, is because he is demanding to be paid by his new team like a top 3 QB.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Latimer is actually a solid pick up, especially if we snag a more dynamic WR in the draft like Shenault.

Seems like we do have an eye on Logan Ryan. He was after 10m+ per year. We are just waiting for his price to drop a little. Carrie is a good fallback option. As is Breeland.

Plus we’ve discussed Peters on a one year deal to replace Trent, who we may well ship out for a couple of higher end mid round picks.

Quite encouraging all that lot of news.

Where the heck do you get all this news, I might just get your mobile number off you so I don't have to check on here every 15 minutes or so 😂,. 

I'm from Bolton buddy, where is your neck of the woods?. 

HTTR 

37 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Where the heck do you get all this news, I might just get your mobile number off you so I don't have to check on here every 15 minutes or so 😂,. 

I'm from Bolton buddy, where is your neck of the woods?. 

HTTR 

not too far away, south Cumbria. Probably just over an hour north from where you are 👍

6 hours ago, Blind Reckoning said:

Simple statement. Basically your talking outa both ends and that's truly gag worthy. Nothing's changed since Dec besides your opinion it seems. Go back and read your whole speal. Spin it all you want.

Is this some attempt at a "gotcha!" post? I get what you're going for, even though you mangled the quote function to the point where it looks like you said my words from December. Admittedly, harsh words. But your opinion was as bad then as it is now--he earned every penny here and it's ****ing silly to think otherwise. Doesn't mean I think he should expect to be remembered fondly here or let into our Ring of Fame. 

I'm flattered that 3.5 months later you still remembered that evisceration via post, maybe that means I made my point effectively.

Not sure how you think it conflicts with my recent posts though. He earned the money he made here. He was great on the field for us. I'm still not as salty as most towards him for how he used the limited tools at his disposal to force his way out of here, I would have welcomed him back or traded him for a high draft pick.

The only new facet to my opinion a quarter of a year later comes from this recent Russini report that he still cares about being inducted into our Ring of Fame one day despite all this. That's unrealistic, he can't expect to be welcomed with open arms in the future after the way his tenture ended here.

The fact that your reading comprehension is so poor that you think you caught me flipping opinions is certainly...interesting. Nuance is clearly not your thing.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Damn, that was rough. Bet we won't be seeing Conn around here for a long time.  :ols:  🤡

He ****ed up the quote function beyond all recognition, but those harsh words were mine from December, directed at him back then, not his own words lol. And they're as true now as they were that day and don't conflict with what I said more recently at all. His reading comprehension sucks.

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

This may dovetail with Keim's info about having discussions and who knows but...

This tweeting group have been spot on.  I hope it happens and today would be a great day for it so it can end but I hope it goes down and then as I mentioned I believe a TW trade follows soon thereafter. :)  Thanks as always for your great post, HigSkins.  :)

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm simply saying, whatever way you look at it, it's unrealistic for Trent to want to preserve his relationship with the franchise enough that he is welcomed as a Ring of Fame player in future years. Too much damage has been done imo no matter how good he was when he played for us. In fact I see it as so unrealistic given all that's happened in the last calendar year that I'd never have thought to even bring it up as a topic of conversation if it wasn't mentioned as something Trent himself cares about in that story earlier. That's absurd imo, can't have it both ways just because Snyder was cool to him and he made a lot of money here. 

I don't always agree with you, but I will defend your right to change your mind even if you are wrong. I do it even if I get crap for it, so I respect you willing to take lumps for it as well.

There's only so many folks that can get in the Ring of Fame, plenty of Redskins ended their tenure on bad terms here that ended up in the 80 Greatest Redskins list, like Lavar and BMitch. 

Trent's legacy is last thing on my mind, they have plenty of time to kiss and make up, he only has a few years left before I don't think he's starting at LT anymore, let alone playing.

I've had to change my mind a couple times as well on this topic as the reality on the ground had changed.  I was firmly for getting him out of here, but it sounds like we only want to do that if we have to or get as close to what we could've got if we did it earlier as we can.  Neither are happening at this rate.

If I was the Redskins, I'd go to Trent and tell him straight up he's not leaving unless someone gives us a second rounder and that's only going to happen if he asks for less money.  If he balks, dare him to hold out again, we probably already have, which is why his agent is asking for his release as a second option.  At this rate, we are better off giving him the money he wants and moving him to LG to extend his career as much as we can. 

We have the money because we can't convince anyone worth his money to come in and replace him, the reality in the ground has changed because how hard its going to be to replace him and no one biting on his or our asking price, I'm not sold Jason Peters comes here, but itd be huge for our oline if he did.  This offseason is proving how hard its going to be to convince talent to come here, it should change the conversation on what we do with our best player considering how hard its going to be to replace him.

So I am typically on the players side with these things. And I still believe what kicked a lot of this off was the health scare. However, he is getting bad advice and needs to either suck it up and play here on his current contract/or a renegotiated one the team is OK with, or he needs to lower his demands and play somewhere else to get out. 

After Bruce completely bungled everything - Trent should be a Brown and we should have an extra 1st rd pick - as much as I hat Dan S he addressed ever issue Trent had outside of contract. So at this point there is nothing left but money - and >$20M is not realistic for a guy his age, that has not played 16 gms since 2013 and is one strike from getting a 1 yr ban. I also do not see any reason the Redskins need to come off a 2nd pick, at least not now. They have the leverage and it's Trent's fault that he is in the situation he is. No reason for them to blink.

Again, he is getting bad advice from someone - maybe himself. 

I see some discussion about the Ring of Fame. He does not deserve this, period. Had he been trade by Bruce last year honestly i might have had another opinion - but probably not. But you don't leave a team like this, causing some much drama and then expect to be regarded for it. He has played hard and earned his money. But he also got paid. 

On 1/2/2020 at 2:31 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Since there were some grumblings about continuing the old thread, and since all things Brucifer are best forgotten, here is a thread as fresh as the Del Rio hire.

Hmmm, Del Rio means of/from the river, and our coach's name is Rivera....

Gone:

Ereck Flowers

Added:

Kendall Fuller

Wes Schweitzer

Kevin Pierre Louis

Thomas Davis

Sean Davis

J.D. McKissic

Logan Thomas

Cornelius Lucas

Richard Rodgers

Peyton Barber

Thomas Davis

Vujnovich

Traded 5th rnd pick for Kyle Allen

Re-signed Orchard

Franchised Scherff

Add Codi Latimer (WR) 

On 1/2/2020 at 2:31 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Since there were some grumblings about continuing the old thread, and since all things Brucifer are best forgotten, here is a thread as fresh as the Del Rio hire.

Hmmm, Del Rio means of/from the river, and our coach's name is Rivera....

Gone:

Ereck Flowers

Added:

Kendall Fuller

Wes Schweitzer

Kevin Pierre Louis

Thomas Davis

Sean Davis

J.D. McKissic

Logan Thomas

Cornelius Lucas

Richard Rodgers

Peyton Barber

Thomas Davis

Vujnovich

Traded 5th rnd pick for Kyle Allen

Re-signed Orchard

Franchised Scherff

Add Codi Latimer (WR) 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He ****ed up the quote function beyond all recognition, but those harsh words were mine from December, directed at him back then, not his own words lol. And they're as true now as they were that day and don't conflict with what I said more recently at all. His reading comprehension sucks.

I can definitely tell whos post is whos in that exchange.  :ols:

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Randle would be a really nice get. More a single high FS, although I do like Apke. 

Weird that they'd also look at Coleman who isn't as good as Davis or Collins and maybe not even a STer starter like Everette (who's a captain)

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Weird that they'd also look at Coleman who isn't as good as Davis or Collins and maybe not even a STer starter like Everette (who's a captain)

Good point because according to this article RR's commitment to Teams is "striking".  I haven't done an analysis on who they've signed but I'll bet a large portion can play teams.

The Vikings, not a lot of talk about them this whole time via the beat guys as for anything concrete but some talk as to pure speculation, so I find this interesting and somewhat new

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39792/assessing-trade-partners-for-redskins-pro-bowler-trent-williams

The Redskins have discussed trade compensation for Williams with multiple teams. The Redskins, who have yet to be tempted, continue to ask for second-round value for Williams, though there is flexibility to achieve a deal.

Some teams appear to think Washington will cut Williams, and his side has pushed for it, but a source said that won't happen. Other teams have shown interest, but the cost of signing him and surrendering picks remains prohibitive. Williams was given permission to seek a trade, and while it would be helpful if he negotiated a new deal for himself before a trade, a team could trade for him without reworking his contract.

Williams held out last season, upset over what he said was inadequate medical treatment involving a cancerous growth on his scalp. Williams' side does not want a situation where he's forced to return in 2020, saying the relationship is not salvageable. They were tweaked that Redskins coach Ron Rivera met with free agent tight end Greg Olsen before doing so with Williams. They have long felt the organization has treated Williams "like a possession." But the Redskins did not want to extend anyone's contract before Rivera got a chance to know them better and how they fit with what he wanted.

Any team, including the Redskins, could use the franchise tag on him each of the next two years. But, as one source said, that route risks further poisoning the situation.

With the 2020 NFL draft (April 23-25) approaching, the situation could be nearing a resolution. Here are four teams who might make sense as a destination for Williams, starting with the Vikings, who have shown interest:

Minnesota Vikings

Salary cap space: About $8 million to $12 million

Current left tackle: Riley Reiff

Why the Vikings make sense: Early in the process, the Redskins pegged teams in the so-called window to win now. The Vikings are high on that list and have shown interest in adding Williams. The Vikings signed quarterback Kirk Cousins -- Williams' former teammate -- to a two-year extension through 2022.

To maximize this window, the Vikings could bolster their offensive line. Reiff has been decent, but he'll count $13.2 million against the cap this season. If Minnesota cut or traded Reiff, it would recoup $8.8 million in cap space. That would leave the Vikings room to acquire Williams. If they wanted to keep Reiff, they could slide him inside, but would then need to find another way to create cap room -- perhaps by trading safety Anthony Harris, who will make $11.4 million on the franchise tag.

Archived