Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I view it as a collectively bargained privilege of being a great and indispensable player.  I'm not going to get upset at Chase and Montez for using their privileges.

If we're going to be the kind of team that has bonafide great players again, our fan base is going to have to grow up and get used to the different levels of treatment they receive from the regular players.  Nobody loves it, but great players get special treatment and you have to handle them as long as they produce.  If Bill Walsh can put up with Fred Dean skipping lift sessions and lounging in the locker room smoking cigarettes during half time, then anyone can acommodate the individualistic behavior of a star player.  It's a big part of a coach's job.

Certainly Cam was afforded some courtesies. 

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

No big drama that he’s missing, but he deserves some heat in my opinion when 87/91 attend, or whatever the numbers are, clearly depending on what his personal circumstances for missing actually are.

SPRINKLE’S BACK??!?!?

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Lawrence Taylor used to show up to OTA’s high as Benny Frank’s kite.  We be aight.

At least he wasn't chilling with a fag in the locker room at halftime....

It's amazing how many players smoked cigarettes into the 80's.  I get the coke, the booze, the painkillers, and even the stogies, but cigs?  Different times, my friends.

(I wonder if there's ever been a football version of Dock Ellis.)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Nobody on the team gives a crap, trust me.

If anything some of the guys probably appreciate Young and Sweat not being there since the guys behind them are very young 7th round/UDFA types and now they'll get a chance to show their stuff.

Exactly this. Do we really need to see Chase and Montez in May? They’ll be ready come training camp. Let the guys fighting to make the roster get those reps. 

• Like 1

I don’t really care about Young/Sweat missing.  May even help the guys vying for the backup DE roles.  But I can understand why some might have some concerns.  

Outside of Sims (IIRC) missing for unreported reasons, the only other guy has a newborn.  I can understand a bit of concern on that front from the standpoint of culture and showing the new guys (rooks and vets alike) what is expected.
On top of that, with OTAs canceled last year, Young hasn’t gone through one yet and Sweat hasn’t with this regime.  
And then there’s simply the learning aspect.  I imagine there are things they can still learn from their coaches, even if the coaches are focused on the fundamentals with the inexperienced DEs.  
🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Cocaine improves one’s ability to rush the passer. Well documented fact. Let’s all pray to God that Chase and Sweat are off somewhere snorting some massive rails as we speak.

I’m actually disappointed you didn’t take the easy handoff and mention Dexter Manley !cocaine love GIF

• Haha 1

I dunno. “Stars” set the tone. It’s part of the culture we keep talking about. 

I still remember hearing Brian Mitchell talk about how as a rookie he was knocked out by hard Art Monk and Darrell Green trained. He realized if he was going to make it he had to work just as hard. 

It seems that great teams have really high buy in and super rates of participation even amongst its stars. 

Sweat and Young’s absence may mean nothing. It may be a bad omen. We don’t know yet. 

if they continue to miss “voluntary” time I’ll start to think it’s tilting towards a problem. 

• Like 1

In normal times... certain stars or veterans don't go to OTAs. (Great if they do)

This year there's still covid and the NFLPA is not exactly recommending tons of players showing up so Chase and Montez have an extra excuse. 

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Cocaine improves one’s ability to rush the passer. Well documented fact. Let’s all pray to God that Chase and Sweat are off somewhere snorting some massive rails as we speak.

Cocaine is a helluva drug 

• Haha 2

I honestly don’t really care if he’s there or not, the only thing I think of is what else could he be possibly doing that’s more important than being with his team? Unless it’s a family matter or something else important. All of his Instagram stories he’s just been walking his dogs around lol 

• Like 1

Breaking TMZ Sports report: 

"Montez Sweat and Chase Young's mysterious absence from OTAs this week was not only excused but sanctioned by the team.

They were sent to Moscow, with Snyder's blessing, on a mission to purchase Polonium tea from Putin's private stash.

Dan wants to send Bruce Allen a very, very, special Memorial Day greating."

Bless his heart.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

O.t.a's are voluntary sort of in the same way its "voluntary" when your wife says, hey babe wanna come grocery shopping with me?

But you don't have to if you don't really want to.

Actually this is a perfect comparison. 

They are also truly voluntary if you’re a proven player that has been praised... or in the grocery shopping scenario if you’re rich and tell her to go buy whatever she wants instead and you’re sitting the shopping part out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

O.t.a's are voluntary sort of in the same way its "voluntary" when your wife says, hey babe wanna come grocery shopping with me?

But you don't have to if you don't really want to.

Even worse is when she suggests the two of you drive to the strip mall so she can get her hair and nails done while you get a fresh cut at the barbershop then we can go to a sit down restaurant together (when really you’d prefer to just get some chicken wings with mambo sauce and extra crispy crinkle cut fries from Mr Ming’s carry out on the corner).

Then inevitably you’re done first and after waiting what seems like an eternity you head over to the beauty parlor only to find out that she’s finished but gabbing all kinds of non-sense gossip talk with her girls. So you look at your watch while  lightly tapping your “going out” gators and cough every few minutes until she finally leaves. 

The argument commences when we get to the car.

Or even worse you get your fresh cut finished but you can’t leave because you and the boys are having a sensibly animated and important “gentleman’s discussion” about the wisdom of going for it on 4th and short last week in a tight game with the lead in a game we eventually lost. Then you look over and see a frown on the old battle-axe’s face as she looks at her watch while lightly tapping her red bottom stilletos and just for emphasis coughs every few minutes. The nerve! Finally you get up and go.

The argument commences when we get to the car.

But to be honest looking back on it now. Those were the good old days. The best of times. 

Enjoy them while they last.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

He freely chose to attend...kind of the same definition 

I like to think of it as a platoon Sergeant who does not have to get down and do pushup with the rest of the platoon.... but does it anyway...what a leader does.

• Like 1