Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

44 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

To be fair, triple jumpers get a running start.

True...but that also helps them get the over 40 feet. Hell, in high school I was getting 41 feet. Standing long jump I could do over 6'. So Chase being able to do 30 with 3 jumps is not a surprise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Me too.  I also get this weird feeling like Settle is a couple technical breakthroughs away from being the best one in the group.  He gets his hands pinned and lets guys into his body but he's so big and powerful and has a natural gift for knifing into the backfield and he can be a load.

If he really got serious and mastered his hand technique like an Akiem Hicks type of player, he could be an 8+ sack presence from the middle of the line.

Payne's ability to change gaps post-snap is special and Allen's is almost as good.  They are so explosive and I feel like they are on the cusp of breaking out.  I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I believe this is the best DL in franchise history.  And I think Chase is the biggest talent that we've had in generations.  Even more talented than RGIII and Sean Taylor were.  I think he's so good that he could have a brilliant career and get into the HoF even if the team itself is never that good.

I'm not super high on Settle, but I think he's the best DT4 in the league and should start on most teams. Iaonnidias coming back will be something if he can actually stay healthy. Iaon, Payne, Allen is absolutely absurd.

I'm extremely high on Allen and think he's wildly underrated around here. Everything runs through him and he is so freaking disruptive, he can beat any line. He blows up so many plays for the DEs to clean up.

Payne is just unreal. He does the things nobody talks about better than anyone I've ever watched. I watched the 90 Eagles Skins playoff game the other day and it was probably the closest defense to ours that I've seen. Chase Sweat might not be White and Simmons yet, but Payne Allen are better than Golic and Brown. I think they have the chance to be the best DT tandem that I've ever seen. It won't be talked about and people will **** about us paying them like top 5 DTs. Chase and Young will get all the hype and our LBers will look great, but watching Payne and Allen together is **** I've never seen. Everything runs through Payne.

Bama championship game he got a couple sacks and people thought he was different. Then he plays all year eating Olines for his teammates. We get to the Bucs, 2 sacks and a FF. Payne is the best player on this team. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

The first one was a standard broad jump and if those markers are in yards, then he went 3 yards (108 inches) which I think Chase would be capable of. The next two had the benefit of momentum and increased in distance, so ten and a half yards seems possible to me.

Like you said, whatever the distance, it's impressive for such a big man to be so agile.

108 inches seems low. That's a 9' broad jump. That's like a Jachai Polite broad jump. Myles Garret had a combine broad jump of 128". 

7 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

108 inches seems low. That's a 9' broad jump. That's like a Jachai Polite broad jump. Myles Garret had a combine broad jump of 128". 

Yeah, I thought the same. I did a real quick google search, but couldn't find any broad jump numbers for him (I'm sure some exist).

I suppose there could be some context that we're missing. Maybe the fact that he's doing a triple jump, affects the distance of the first one? Maybe he's just finished his leg workout? Maybe he's already done several of these, but this one is the only one that got filmed?

The only thing I know for sure is, I'm looking far too deeply into a seven-second random clip on t'internet and I probably need to go outside and get a life, although everyone knows that ain't gonna happen 🙂.

Edited by London Kev
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

If Chase Young wants this defense to be the best defense in the NFL, he needs to be in the DPOY discussion. He is surrounded by a lot of talent but what kind of player he turns into will make a big impact on how great this defense will become. 

If he becomes that Von Miller unblockable player off the edge and is the top dog on a defensive line full of alpha dogs, we'll have a franchise all-timer defense, I'm almost sure of it. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If Chase Young wants this defense to be the best defense in the NFL, he needs to be in the DPOY discussion. He is surrounded by a lot of talent but what kind of player he turns into will make a big impact on how great this defense will become. 

If he becomes that Von Miller unblockable player off the edge and is the top dog on a defensive line full of alpha dogs, we'll have a franchise all-timer defense, I'm almost sure of it. 

I think he's more Julius Peppers than Von Miller.

• Like 2

We have the best four man IDL rotation we've ever had and two Marvel super hero ends.  I honestly think this is the most talented DL in franchise history, and that they are going to wear teams out next season.  Please let us keep these guys together 🙏.

Ioannidis and Settle are starters for the majority of the teams in the NFL.  We just need the back 7 and the offense to be solid for the defense as a whole to dominate.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1