Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Chase Young after being fiercely interrogated by authorities finally admits that he didnt attend voluntary activities and had the nerve ti let the coaches know this beforehand!!!!!!

How dare he! Who does he think he is???

He is also likely to be a multiple attempted homicide suspect after he broke down and confessed involvement in at least five shoot(ing)  last week alone...

Chase Young: "I had a lot of stuff going on. One day I had five different shoots for five different things..."

XXX

Edited: Originally posted on another thread but the video definitely is worth viewing and belongs here too.

Adam Schein: Chase Young will at a minimum double his 7.5 sacks in the 2021 season.

"Young was the Defensive Rookie of the Year, and I still don't think he got enough love. This dude is an absolute force of nature off the edge. This coming season, he's going to be one of the top five defensive players in the league. Young sacked the quarterback 7.5 times last year. He will double that -- at least -- in 2021.

With Young headlining a ferocious front, Washington has a true identity. Opposing teams -- and especially opposing quarterbacks -- are not going to enjoy games against this group."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

He looked better head to head with Trent Williams than I remembered. Looks like at least 3 pressures. The 1st play is a solid speed to power and he had Trent on skates a little bit. I think the 2nd play was a quick inside counter for a clean win. Chase is so good with that move.

I did not think Chase looked good with his outside speed rush against Trent. He looked overmatched there. 

I was surprised how well Chase held up in the run game against Trent. He was matching power with power and holding his own/winning. Super impressive to do that with a guy as big and nasty as Trent Williams. Also beat Trent in the running game with quickness at least once. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

He looked better head to head with Trent Williams than I remembered. Looks like at least 3 pressures. The 1st play is a solid speed to power and he had Trent on skates a little bit. I think the 2nd play was a quick inside counter for a clean win. Chase is so good with that move.

I did not think Chase looked good with his outside speed rush against Trent. He looked overmatched there. 

I was surprised how well Chase held up in the run game against Trent. He was matching power with power and holding his own/winning. Super impressive to do that with a guy as big and nasty as Trent Williams. Also beat Trent in the running game with quickness at least once. 

Yeah Chase definitely held his own against one of the best (if not the best) LTs in the game. One thing I noticed, and have noticed a bit before, is that CY seems to telegraph his outside speed rush a bit. You can see it here and Trent is never once fooled by it. CY does a bit of a stutter step to try and fake Trent out but he never bites.

I'm sure that's something that will develop with time and tends to happen with guys who are such insanely gifted athletes. Trent is an insanely gifted athlete as well as being very technically sound with loads of experience so it's not all that surprising that he got the upper hand there a fair amount.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yeah Chase definitely held his own against one of the best (if not the best) LTs in the game. One thing I noticed, and have noticed a bit before, is that CY seems to telegraph his outside speed rush a bit. You can see it here and Trent is never once fooled by it. CY does a bit of a stutter step to try and fake Trent out but he never bites.

I'm sure that's something that will develop with time and tends to happen with guys who are such insanely gifted athletes. Trent is an insanely gifted athlete as well as being very technically sound with loads of experience so it's not all that surprising that he got the upper hand there a fair amount.

Chase was never going to get the better of Trent, an elite DE very rarely beats an elite OT. But he was able to be disruptive during the game, deflect passes, force a fumble (with the help of Sweat getting the RB turned sideways), and get a touchdown. He impacted the entire defense with his play this game and he also still got a sack. That's what your best players do, they are never taken out of a game completely.

Scary that he might have been the 2nd best player on the defense that game (Curl played this game at an All Pro level). 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Chase was never going to get the better of Trent, an elite DE very rarely beats an elite OT. But he was able to be disruptive during the game, deflect passes, force a fumble (with the help of Sweat getting the RB turned sideways), and get a touchdown. He impacted the entire defense with his play this game and he also still got a sack. That's what your best players do, they are never taken out of a game completely.

Scary that he might have been the 2nd best player on the defense that game (Curl played this game at an All Pro level). 

I would also look at his plays against Trent and say that Trent didn’t get the best of Chase either. Chase collected at least 3 pressures, and looked very good in the run game. Also had the batted pass. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I would also look at his plays against Trent and say that Trent didn’t get the best of Chase either. Chase collected at least 3 pressures, and looked very good in the run game. Also had the batted pass. 

It was pretty evenly matched. Trent did his job by not giving up a sack, but Chase made his presence felt and the QB was probably uneasy even with the best LT blocking Chase. I'm not sure if Chase has that Von Miller type acceleration to put up huge sack numbers (he might be more of a Julius Peppers 10-13 sack guy) but he is probably already the most well-rounded DE in the league. I will take 10-12 sacks a year in his prime with 5 or 6 FFs, with elite run defense and 5+ pass deflections any day of the week. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I love watching Payne. He is so disruptive. Him and Allen together is really special. Can't wait to see when Iaonnidias is out there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Crazy. Do we know how far that is?

If the markers were yards, then the first jump was three yards, second one was three and a half yards, and the last one was four yards. I had to take my socks off to total it all up, but I think that makes ten and a half yards.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a really stupid theory. It really seems like Chase has small feet in comparison to his size and I actually think it allows him to move like he does. He isn't super fast but he cuts on a dime like a DB. Having big hulky feet make would make it very hard for him to maneuver around like he does. If you watch Sweat, I think that dude seems to have big feet but he kind of cuts more like you would expect a DE to even though he's fast as hell. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

33 minutes ago, London Kev said:

If the markers were yards, then the first jump was three yards, second one was three and a half yards, and the last one was four yards. I had to take my socks off to total it all up, but I think that makes ten and a half yards.   

I don’t think a 30 foot triple broad jump is possible. 

Regardless, it’s crazy for Chase to be able to do that at 270 pounds. 

Why wouldn't it be? A triple jump is over 40 feet.

On 6/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, Koolblue13 said:

I love watching Payne. He is so disruptive. Him and Allen together is really special. Can't wait to see when Iaonnidias is out there.

Me too.  I also get this weird feeling like Settle is a couple technical breakthroughs away from being the best one in the group.  He gets his hands pinned and lets guys into his body but he's so big and powerful and has a natural gift for knifing into the backfield and he can be a load.

If he really got serious and mastered his hand technique like an Akiem Hicks type of player, he could be an 8+ sack presence from the middle of the line.

Payne's ability to change gaps post-snap is special and Allen's is almost as good.  They are so explosive and I feel like they are on the cusp of breaking out.  I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I believe this is the best DL in franchise history.  And I think Chase is the biggest talent that we've had in generations.  Even more talented than RGIII and Sean Taylor were.  I think he's so good that he could have a brilliant career and get into the HoF even if the team itself is never that good.

• Like 3

The first one was a standard broad jump and if those markers are in yards, then he went 3 yards (108 inches) which I think Chase would be capable of. The next two had the benefit of momentum and increased in distance, so ten and a half yards seems possible to me.

Like you said, whatever the distance, it's impressive for such a big man to be so agile.