Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Super duper. Winfield is hugely better than Curl and they don't even play the same position. Chase needs to shut it down. I can't stand Arians but he's a top coach in the league.

I know we're high on Curl and he cleaned up well behind our line when it excelled, but he was no play maker on his own and got totally exposed against Tampa. 

I don't mind Bruce Arians vouching for one of his own players in a vague generalish type of statement, but I didn't think it was necessary to say the "seven and a half sacks" part as if he isn't intelligent enough to know that sacks is just one statistic in how a player's impact is judged and graded.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Blanka said:

Welp, Go Pack Go

Hope Rodgers runs up the score

I'm definitely rooting for the Pack.  I like Rodgers a lot, and I could care less about Tampa (though not much less), but you know why I'm rooting for the Pack?  Because of that occasional poster here "ThePackisBack" who seems like a good dude, comes here but doesn't talk trash, and even hopes we win when it doesn't hurt his team.  I'm cool with that.  That's fan sportsmanship and I'm all for it.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

I'm definitely rooting for the Pack.  I like Rodgers a lot, and I could care less about Tampa (though not much less), but you know why I'm rooting for the Pack?  Because of that occasional poster here "ThePackisBack" who seems like a good dude, comes here but doesn't talk trash, and even hopes we win when it doesn't hurt his team.  I'm cool with that.  That's fan sportsmanship and I'm all for it.

Pfft...what about PokerPacker? Ya forget about him...he's our resident Packer poster..

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

From nbcsports.com:

This small gesture from Young 'really impressed' Fitzpatrick

Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chase Young haven't taken the field for a practice or suited up for a game as teammates yet, but the new Washington Football Team quarterback already had one moment that proved to him how special Young is.

During a recent interview with the Washington Football Talk podcast, Fitzpatrick got the chance to explain what happened.

"The thing that really impressed me — I’ve heard so many great things about his leadership ability, about his maturity," Fitzpatrick said. "And he was one of the guys that, instead of a text, actually called."

Fitzpatrick, who's set to don his ninth different uniform this fall, is used to joining a new franchise and being welcomed in a variety of manners. But, apparently, the way Young went about it once Fitzpatrick signed with the Burgundy and Gold was quite rare.

"For a [21-year-old kid] to hop on the phone and call and reach out and make sure everything’s good and let me know he was excited, I just thought that showed an incredible amount of maturity," the signal caller told the podcast...

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/small-gesture-chase-young-really-impressed-ryan-fitzpatrick?amp

• Like 4

On 1/19/2021 at 12:26 AM, GothSkinsFan said:

You just described every Packer fan I have ever come in contact with. My best friend is an Eagles fan who went to a game there, started some light hearted trash talk and was met with "we're just going to have a few beers and a good time". I think it frustrated him that they are so nice.  

• Like 2