Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

15 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Man, I swear some of you try really hard to appear unbiased or something by saying Chase sucked or hit the rookie wall or should let his play do the talking, etc. Such an over correction.

I dont think there’s anything wrong with anyone suggesting to just let his play do the talking. At the same time, i have no problem with what he said running off the field last week. He should 100% want to sack a great QB, that’s a great goal to have. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont think there’s anything wrong with anyone suggesting to just let his play do the talking. At the same time, i have no problem with what he said running off the field last week. He should 100% want to sack a great QB, that’s a great goal to have. 

To me, he answered why he said that perfectly. It was excitement to take on the GOAT - someone he watched for literally his whole life. Anyone who says he should “let his play do the talking” clearly doesn’t get what it means to be a high level competitor with moxie and confidence. 

I will admit that a lot of my frustration on this came through media spin, though. It’s one thing if he says I’m gonna **** slap Brady... then the blowback would be warranted. 

• Like 4

Wasn't just the Bucs OL that beat us.  Those receivers are ridiculous and Brady was vintage.  Four man pressures won't get home against many decent OLs when Brady starts moving around like that and gets into his zone and his receivers start beating your coverages like a drum.

During the game, I thought Chris Collinsworth said that we played a different coverage style than we had the rest of the season, but he didn't explain.  Does anyone know what he meant?  I wonder if that explains why there were so many big plays given up?

The issues with the run D are consistent.  The line backer and safety play just isn't there to really excel against the run.  But at least the DL is a group of good run defenders. There is a foundation in place to rapidly improve that facet of the D.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

46 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

During the game, I thought Chris Collinsworth said that we played a different coverage style than we had the rest of the season, but he didn't explain.  Does anyone know what he meant?  I wonder if that explains why there were so many big plays given up?

Apparently JDR put in new defensive schemes this week to try and throw Brady off, but it appears to have just thrown our defense off instead.  A rare miscalculation by Del Rio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Wasn't just the Bucs OL that beat us.  Those receivers are ridiculous and Brady was vintage.  Four man pressures won't get home against many decent OLs when Brady starts moving around like that and gets into his zone and his receivers start beating your coverages like a drum.

I generally find this guy entertaining and informative. He said they ran an inverted cover 2 on the 1st TD that Moreland gave up and that while Moreland was trying to bail to safety, Brady hit a wheel route to beat him. Said that they gave up a TD in Detroit on the same scheme and that nothing good has happened all season when they tried to sprinkle in the inverted cover 2 to change up the defense. 

• Thanks 1

I can understand Del Rio wanting to change things up to try to beat Brady but at the end of the day, you're not gonna fool Tom Brady. Your best bet is to do what you do best and hope that its enough.

I guess there's a reason why Brady is like 9-0 or something crazy against Del Rio lifetime with really good #s.

It’s obvious CY is a very good football player already. I just hope with time he can elevate his game that even when game planned to be stopped he can take over a game. In the mold of an LT, Reggie White, Aaron Donald type player. 

Hopefully he takes that step at some point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

It’s obvious CY is a very good football player already. I just hope with time he can elevate his game that even when game planned to be stopped he can take over a game. In the mold of an LT, Reggie White, Aaron Donald type player. 

Hopefully he takes that step at some point. 

Considering his age (21) and early career success, I have no doubt he will. An offseason program with professional athletic trainers, OTAs, and time spent understanding the professional game more, and I'm willing to guarantee he hits double digit sacks next year. 

• Like 1

Bruce Arians: Washington’s pass rush “didn’t scare us”

“They’ve got a great front. Our guys took it to heart — they were going to block them. I thought we blocked them really, really well. They didn’t scare us.”

Although in many cases the quote that motivates an opponent wasn’t meant to do so, the reality is that anything an NFL player or coach says can and will be used to motivate an opponent, if there’s any way to twist the words into motivation. That goes for Young, Smith-Schuster, and anyone else."

I'm sure he'll learn, sky is the ceiling for him.

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

Bruce Arians: Washington’s pass rush “didn’t scare us”

“They’ve got a great front. Our guys took it to heart — they were going to block them. I thought we blocked them really, really well. They didn’t scare us.”

Although in many cases the quote that motivates an opponent wasn’t meant to do so, the reality is that anything an NFL player or coach says can and will be used to motivate an opponent, if there’s any way to twist the words into motivation. That goes for Young, Smith-Schuster, and anyone else."

I'm sure he'll learn, sky is the ceiling for him.

I mean I can see why he thinks that. The fact is our DL didn't really impose its will on anyone of quality this year. Pretty much every good offense and QB lit us up for 30+ except I guess Seattle but they were up 20-3 early and took their foot off the gas.

Its a good front but they don't beat their man 1 on 1 very often in pass rush situations against quality QBs and/or OL.

• Like 2