Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

Chase Young isn’t right.  Not sure if it’s mental, physical, or both, but he’s not the same guy.  His energy level isn’t right.  Last season he was a ball of energy, on and off the field.  If he didn’t get to the QB he chased down the play.  Always around the ball.  

This year he’s forgetting to tackle the QB and jogging after his pass rush is easily pushed aside.  He’s not the same guy and it’s not because he just has one move that got figured out.  

But he wants to be the "LeBron of Football", the guy people think about when they think of the NFL. 

That was what we heard. This isn't the LeBron of Football we're watching. 

Just now, Silvernon said:

But he wants to be the "LeBron of Football", the guy people think about when they think of the NFL. 

That was what we heard. This isn't the LeBron of Football we're watching. 

Im not knocking a young man for dreaming too big.  I hope he figures it out.

• Like 3

Just now, Destino said:

immature? That’s like a cowherd take.  He’s struggling on the field, the entire line is having a rough go of it.  Why does it have to be more than that?  

They’re all struggling but he came into the league with a vengeance, embraced his saviorism during the off-season, things haven’t been so rosy, he’s 22 and still in a bit of denial. Nothing wrong with being immature at 22. 

I said it in the draft thread, this version of Chase Young was evident on college tape if you watched him closely and didnt blindly buy into the hype - one trick pony and when he wasn't able to physically dominate a tackle he would quit on the plays and jog around lazily.  wont cut it in the NFL when the physical advantages are much less. hes had zero (to arguably negative impact) over four games which is more than a blip on the radar.  

The first shove on Ryan was super borderline and then throwing a right cross like hes mike tyson instead of just wrapping up the QB almost cost the team big this game;  hes lucky he has the legend heinikie to bail him out.  dumb

Edited by ggarriso
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

They’re all struggling but he came into the league with a vengeance, embraced his saviorism during the off-season, things haven’t been so rosy, he’s 22 and still in a bit of denial. Nothing wrong with being immature at 22. 

He also skipped OTAs despite being a captain, refused to get vaccinated for too long, and filmed 47 commercials.

Theres nothing wrong with being immature at 22, yes.  I was hoping he was different.  I am very, VERY disappointed in him so far this year.  Really really hope he rebounds.

1 minute ago, ggarriso said:

I said it in the draft thread, this version of Chase Young was evident on college tape if you watched him closely and didnt blindly buy into the hype - one trick pony and when he wasn't able to physically dominate a tackle he would quit on the plays and jog around lazily.  wont cut it in the NFL when the physical advantages are much less. zero (to arguably negative impact) over four games is more than a blip on the radar.  

The first shove on Ryan was super borderline and then throwing a right cross like hes mike tyson instead of just wrapping up the QB almost cost the team big this game;  hes lucky he has the legend heinikie to bail him out.  dumb

First paragraph is fine.  The 2nd is awful.  Rtan put a pump fake that for the world sold anyone watching...Rayn probably fully expected to release it himself.  I dont fault Chase for pulling up there.

Im trying to be balanced.  I love the talent.  Having a real difficult time with the results.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

First paragraph is fine.  The 2nd is awful.  Rtan put a pump fake that for the world sold anyone watching...Rayn probably fully expected to release it himself.  I dont fault Chase for pulling up there.

why not just make a legal tackle or if your not going to do that because Matty fooled you with the fake then dont throw any hands towards his upper extremities;  I dont LIKE this version of the NFL but if you throw anything towards the heads of a QB your getting 15 

1 minute ago, ggarriso said:

why not just make a legal tackle or if your not going to do that because Matty fooled you with the fake then dont throw any hands towards his upper extremities;  I dont LIKE this version of the NFL but if you throw anything towards the heads of a QB your getting 15 

I dont like it either but if that pump fake had been an actual throw, it wouldnt have been a legal tackle and he would have hit with roughing the passer had he decked him.  Had to watch it about 5 or 6 times to figure it out.  And the call was BS.  So Im not docking him for that whatsoever despite thinking he was an idiot at first glance.

• Like 2

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

I dont like it either but if that pump fake had been an actual throw, it wouldnt have been a legal tackle and he would have hit with roughing the passer had he decked him.  Had to watch it about 5 or 6 times to figure it out.  And the call was BS.  So Im not docking him for that whatsoever despite thinking he was an idiot at first glance.

Can't hit a QBs helmet. It's picky, but its the rule. It was dumb all around, but its a penalty. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'm not real interested in buzz words like sophomore slump.  I get what you're saying, but thats shrugging it off.

He has not shown any kind of counter moves on the pass rush.  If his Von Miller speed rush doesnt get home, and he's not nearly as quick as Von Miller obviously, he's toast.  That is a major problem and its a *football* problem.

It's also the 4th game and he's not getting any closer. Same thing game after game. Is he even TRYING anything new?

Like others, I'm not giving up on him.

What's odd about the whole Chase thing is he's a good guy and a great teammate, there's no attitude that we've heard about so you don't have the typical negatives you get when a perceived stud is underperforming.  You take his positive attitude and mix it with his athleticism and for me that's what makes it baffling that he's struggling.

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Is there a video or screen shot yet?

I just decided to google Chase Young Matt Ryan Roughing the Passer.  It brings up a bunch of articles including things like the Sporting News

It is called a terrible call.  No one agrees with it

google it for yourself

• Like 1