Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 minutes ago, Captain James said:

The absolute worst case scenario is us having one of "those" games where our Dline somehow disappears and we're unable to get pressure on the QB very much. I will straight eat my own barf if that happens.

Hoping for the best.

That's disgusting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain James said:

The absolute worst case scenario is us having one of "those" games where our Dline somehow disappears and we're unable to get pressure on the QB very much. I will straight eat my own barf if that happens.

Hoping for the best.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of too, that its gonna be like the Rams/Lions/Giants games where either our DL just gets owned or the QB gets rid of the ball in like .5 seconds literally every snap.

But it looks like Del Rio has made adjustments and for the most part has had our secondary playing much tighter coverage in the 2nd half of the season to mitigate that and allow our DL more time to get to the QB.

We know that the Tampa OL will do whatever they can to protect Brady.  IMO, it all comes down to whether the officials let them hold with impunity or they throw the flags.  If we are given a fair chance to pressure Brady and mount our best defense, we have a chance to win.  If not, the guy has plenty of weapons and he is the GOAT.  Unfortunately, I don't trust the officials to call the game straight-up.

• Like 3

Definitely going to have to be risky from the jump with creative blitzes. We don't really have a FS and their WRs can get behind you lightning fast.

We need to get home early and often and make Tom very uncomfortable. Curl, Moreland and Reaves are going to need shoot it fast.

2 hours ago, Captain James said:

Hoping for the best.

Yeah, but we'll have Alex and our prolific offense to just put 40 points up on 'em....  can you say "Shoot Out" with the GOAT?    😅

Of course, I'm crying inside

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

We know that the Tampa OL will do whatever they can to protect Brady.  IMO, it all comes down to whether the officials let them hold with impunity or they throw the flags.  If we are given a fair chance to pressure Brady and mount our best defense, we have a chance to win.  If not, the guy has plenty of weapons and he is the GOAT.  Unfortunately, I don't trust the officials to call the game straight-up.

Good point. Do not expect a fairly officiated game. I can't even remember the last time a holding penalty was called against one of our opponent on a play that actually mattered. I think the 49er game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of too, that its gonna be like the Rams/Lions/Giants games where either our DL just gets owned or the QB gets rid of the ball in like .5 seconds literally every snap.

But it looks like Del Rio has made adjustments and for the most part has had our secondary playing much tighter coverage in the 2nd half of the season to mitigate that and allow our DL more time to get to the QB.

Giants and Lions games we lost by one score late.  If that's the case maybe we could pull it out

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/chase-young-nfc-defensive-player-nfl-defensive-rookie-of-the-month?fbclid=IwAR3cF39v0BIIVG8KV7U-2Xu7Wt1GqUTJLpqwPGKVTBh3Oo2z00feW10rDoo

Chase Young Named NFC Defensive Player And NFL Defensive Rookie Of The Month

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. -- The National Football League announced Thursday that Washington defensive end Chase Young has been named both the NFC Defensive Player and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for December.

Young becomes the sixth NFC Defensive Player of the Month in franchise history and first since linebacker London Fletcher took home the honor in 2012. He is the first Washington player to win a player of the month award since quarterback Kirk Cousins did so in November of 2016. Young is the first rookie in franchise history to ever win a player of the month honor. It is the first NFC Defensive Player and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month awards of Young's career.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Good point. Do not expect a fairly officiated game. I can't even remember the last time a holding penalty was called against one of our opponent on a play that actually mattered. I think the 49er game.

Talk about O line holding in the Eagle game,  did anyone else see the Eagle guy with the big hair wrap his arms around Payne from behind  and lift him up and turn him on the 4th and goal incomplete pass into the end zone? No call of course. How come there was no call of hitting a defenceless player when the Eagle DB intercepted that pass and hit helmet to helmet in the process? Just hoping for a fair called game when you go up against the NFL's favorite son, Tom Terrific. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

did anyone else see the Eagle guy with the big hair wrap his arms around Payne from behind  and lift him up and turn him on the 4th and goal incomplete pass into the end zone?

Settle I think

hold.jpg.248c8809fa8761d13f6ba34e35889ffc.jpg

5:14 if anyone wants to see it in motion. I was losing my mind

• Like 1
  • Sad 1