Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It could happen. But it won’t. 

I know it sounds stupid. But Bangles could give up the #1 spot so another team could get Chase and then the Bangles can still get a decent QB by moving down a few. 2020 is QB heavy draft as well. 

1 minute ago, Ghedrick said:

While Chase is officially in the draft !!! Lets just hope Burrow's hype train continues and the Bengals love him. Stay healthy in that championship game Joe.

As for the championship game I want Burrow to pass for 450 yards and toss 5 touchdowns in a come from behind win and become a legend.  Cincy what you gonna do?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

I know it sounds stupid. But Bangles could give up the #1 spot so another team could get Chase and then the Bangles can still get a decent QB by moving down a few. 2020 is QB heavy draft as well. 

Won't matter. Burrow completed 78% of his passes this seasom and won the heisman. Someone will trade up for him if we don't wind up taking him ourselves. 

34 minutes ago, zskins said:

Now I am worried. On ESPN 980 they were saying what if the Bangles take Chase do you pass on Burrow...ughhhhhhhh....Don't even want to think about that scenario. 

I trade down.  Look for a ridiculously good offer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zskins said:

If the Bengals don’t draft Burrow, with his ability and Ohio back story they will be rioting in the streets of Cincinnati...

Edited by redrobert
  • Thanks 1

If anything Ron sounds non committed to Haskins all off season and maybe even picks up cam just to sell the idea we would draft Burrows to get the most out of a possible trade that we could. 

I would do that **** ASAP and get Haskins to play along. Wouldn’t be that hard.

57 minutes ago, zskins said:

If anybody is making a package of picks to move up it’s for Burrow.  Nobody would offer a Kong’s ransom for a non-QB.  That’s just not how it works.  

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 6.57.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 6.57.30 PM.png

Washington Redskins  The hire of new head coach Ron Rivera and the exit of general manager Bruce Allen has the front office structure changing, so it's tough to get a read on the Redskins. That might matter if they weren't in the driver's seat to select Ohio State defensive end Chase Young. It would be the biggest surprise in NFL draft history if Young wasn't the pick here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869444-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-team-by-team-2020-nfl-draft-insider-buzz

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I'm big on Littleton in FA.  I think he should be the #1 priority on defense.

I know this is no expert opinion, in fact it's very amateur, but I'm always leery to pay big money to free agents unless they're highly rated and also have excellent pedigree. 

It seems like there's more misses when you pay big money to a free agent who was a late round draft pick or in this case an undrafted free agent.

Too many players look great in one system then fail when moved to another, but when they were excellent in college and then continue that excellence in the pros I think it drastically reduces the likelihood of them being a free agent bust.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I know this is no expert opinion, in fact it's very amateur, but I'm always leery to pay big money to free agents unless they're highly rated and also have excellent pedigree. 

It seems like there's more misses when you pay big money to a free agent who was a late round draft pick or in this case an undrafted free agent.

Too many players look great in one system then fail when moved to another, but when they were excellent in college and then continue that excellence in the pros I think it drastically reduces the likelihood of them being a free agent bust.

This is a great point.  I don’t think it’s so much the pedigree, I think it’s more raw physical ability.  You can have a perfect fit for a less talented player in a spot, where the scheme and surrounding cast make him look better than he is.

But if they lack elite physical talent, then that situation might not replicate itself in other stops.

Now, most elite athletes were elite in college and therefore have the pedigree and high draft position. But not all.

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Burrow gets hurt and Cincy takes Chase. With no Burrow, no one trades with us. Ron gets fired the next day.

9467F1B7-2CAE-4097-BA57-121ED34D476A.gif.00f70b79c50fbc10b3a91bf954db23f1.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, skinbuck said:

Bengals are weird.

Plus Joe B’s game, physical traits and college history will be dissected ad-nauseum  between now and the draft.

don't be shocked, I’m just saying

I hear you.......all these people jinxing the hell out of us. Some team could trade with the Bengals and take Chase #1......Naw, aint no "Welcome to the team" until we draft him..........