Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

Chasing Del Rio is a good sign IMO.  Reading about Rivera he has some Gibbs like leadership qualities.  One criticism I've had of both Shanny and Jay is not shooting for the fences with defensive coordinator hires.    Gibbs would shoot for the fences regardless of his personal comfort level with said coordinators.  

Del Rio has some pedigree and has been a head coach.  So I'd take Rivera as a dude who doesn't feel easily threatened ego wise or as to job security.  I like that.

Love this news.  You want a tough, hard-nosed defense?  Rivera + Del Rio will give you that and then some.  

The culture will be fixed.  The offense appears to be in good hands with KOC and with these kind of leaders on board, he can stay focused on the X's and O's.  

Still need to see how the front office shakes out but I'm damn near excited.  This is a MUCH better choice than Wilks.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So we'd look like this right now?

DEs -- Sweat/Kerrigan/Young (most likely)
DTs -- Allen/Payne/Ionnidis/Settle
OLB -- Anderson and Bostic?
MLB -- Holcomb?
CBs -- Dunbar/Moreland/Morneau
S -- Collins/Nicholson

And can’t leave out Reuben foster. At the moment We have him until what, 2022? 2023?

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The concern is simple: the person who hired the coach before the GM.

So you trust him to hire a GM? His two choices who have remained here ~10 years each have been Cerrato and Allen. He canned John Schneider for Cerrato.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

And can’t leave out Reuben foster. At the moment We have him until what, 2022? 2023?

I forgot about him. Depends on that knee, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chasing Del Rio is a good sign IMO.  Reading about Rivera he has some Gibbs like leadership qualities.  One criticism I've had of both Shanny and Jay is not shooting for the fences with defensive coordinator hires.    Gibbs would shoot for the fences regardless of his personal comfort level with said coordinators.  

Del Rio has some pedigree and has been a head coach.  So I'd take Rivera as a dude who doesn't feel easily threatened ego wise or as to job security.  I like that.

You hire for quality.  You leave everything else at the front door when you enter the building.  You may not particularly dig the guy by you personally but you put it aside for the greater good.  And you sure as hell don’t hire for job security.

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

You hire for quality.  You leave everything else at the front door when you enter the building.  You may not particularly dig the guy by you personally but you put it aside for the greater good.  And you sure as hell don’t hire for job security.

I'm glad you guys didn't hire our former HC lol.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So you trust him to hire a GM? His two choices who have remained here ~10 years each have been Cerrato and Allen. He canned John Schneider for Cerrato.

I really wish Snyder got Ron a consulting group to work out the GM thing and stepped away.  He doesn’t understand the football side.

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Not at all.  I don't understand the jumping for joy at the Rivera hire.  We've seen this movie before.

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Someone explain to me the concern about hiring a coach before hiring a GM.

These two are going to have to be simpatico no matter what.  Therefore, I don't see the big deal in hiring one before the other.  You hire the GM first, he's got to get a coach who he can see eye to eye with.  On the flip side, you tailor your GM search to match the philosophies and vision of the coach you just hired.  This chicken before the egg stuff doesn't really seem to matter all that much, IMO.   

Because its usually very bad to hire the middle manager before you hire his boss, the director of marketing.  Kind of seems then the middle manager is the director of marketing's boss then, as he cant be fired by him and despite "having to report to him" he doesnt really.

Also, you know, theres this little thing where the important football coach should probably be hired by someone who understands football.  Instead, he was hired by someone(Dan) who has shown he doesnt over the past 20 years.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm glad Bruce Allen is gone for you guys. I think a bright future is ahead for the Skins.

Archived