Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs The Axe....errrr Cowboys

TK

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I just don't see the history of it.  Maybe from HC to a coordinator or a lateral coordinator job, but not from HC to HC.

Holmgren, Reid, and then Coughlin actually did something, so I guess there's some exceptions.

You dont see a history of what? What is your bar for being considered good enough to get another job? If its winning a Super Bowl, then that's an unrealistic expectation.  Plenty of great coaches have won Super Bowls. Plenty of average ones have.

Success in the league isnt just down to wins and losses. It's about having the right fit within an organization,  finding the right coaches, finding the right owner, trusting them to find the right scouts, the right players, keeping them together, keeping them healthy, drafting well, communicating well, being lucky quite frankly.

Getting fired isn't that difficult. It's a cutthroat league .

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Some of us are just wondering what our next new low will be. 

Do you think this is rock bottom?

It’s the end of an error. Hopefully Bruce is tired tonight, a competent FO and a decent coach put into place. Jay saved his job with the “You like that?” Game, that might have been the worst thing to happen to this team. It allowed Bruce and Jay to sell Snyder on the “we’re close” narrative for 3 and a half years afterwards, when everyone could see the team regressing. 

Now we hear that Snyder has hired experts from outside the team to consult on a new HC and FO. I don’t know what that new regime will look like but it’s time, it would have been time if Jay and Kirk had continued to stink up the joint on the Tampa game. It just took way too long

Keenum is bad but do we really want to hitch our playcalling wagon to KOC? Ehhh consistency if the offense sucks is not paramount. If Haskins is gonna start over just once, maybe best to just rip that bandaid off now. Some of what he learned and a lot of the progress he made will still translate. Assuming someone who knows what they're doing could be hired. 

People for years said new offense after new offense was what held Tannehill back. Well look at him now...wasn't a problem anymore once he went somewhere where the coaches knew what they were doing, even in his first year in a new system...his 4th or 5th at least.

Typical of how the players have been all year.  Couldn't give a rat's about the result as long as they get paid, and a free plane ride to Dallas!

If I was getting paid a **** ton of money, got free plane travel, free accommodation and free meals just to 'pretend' I was busting my gut out on the field, I would do what these players are doing.

Archived