Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs The Axe....errrr Cowboys

TK

This final embarrassment to a lame duck Dallas coach, INSIDE their beautiful Death Star of a stadium that Dan covets so much, has to be killing Snyder. 

Love it. Hope this spurs the deepest and wildest changes possible. Tear us up Dallas. Show Snyder what Allen built. And remind him of the Stadium he DIDN'T build. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Almost everyone is hired eventually to be fired. In a parity riddled league like the NFL, it's not often that a coach is fired simply because he does not belong in the NFL (as a head coach or coordinator).

There are many circumstances that can wear out your welcome, and wear it out fast.

I just don't see the history of it.  Maybe from HC to a coordinator or a lateral coordinator job, but not from HC to HC.

Holmgren, Reid, and then Coughlin actually did something, so I guess there's some exceptions.

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

La-ael (or whatever) Collins, after his drama causing him to not get drafted, said that he would outright refuse to play for anyone but the Cowboys.  That's the only example I can think of.

Yeah he came to mind but was a weird case given the murder investigation (even though he was essentially cleared)

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Has any non-QB EVER done this? It's baseless fearmongering. 

Yeah, I mean...hasn't that literally only happened ONCE in the entire history of the NFL? Yet every year we hear the same thing "What if <x player> refuses to play for us and forces a trade?" and it never ever happens.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

This final embarrassment to a lame duck Dallas coach, INSIDE their beautiful Death Star of a stadium, has to be killing Snyder. 

He's already long dead inside. A soulless, shambling husk. I doubt today does anything more than the rest of the season has done to him. 

20 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I wonder if Chase will say he will refuse to report if we draft him.

He should. It didn't seem to hurt Eli Manning at all.

Nah.

Why would he do that? Young is from this area (born in Cheltenham, Maryland). Which is about 20 miles from Washington D.C.

It will be like coming home.

Not to mention he won't mess with being the #2 selection in the draft, and the millions more that entails.

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Some of us are just wondering what our next new low will be. 

Do you think this is rock bottom?

I hope so. Hard to imagine it getting much worse. Let's hope whatever changes are made, our young talent spurs a slow rise back into playoff contention at the least. This division sucks and is ripe for the taking. 

Archived