Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs The Axe....errrr Cowboys

TK

This is where I read it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/28/bruce-allens-redskins-role-likely-changing-ron-rivera-marvin-lewis-among-coaching-candidates/

I may be reading it incorrectly but I do think it causes a delay even to interview

Bieniemy, who helped groom Patrick Mahomes into last season’s MVP with the Chiefs, would require Snyder to delay any hiring should the Redskins decide on the Kansas City offensive coordinator. The Chiefs (11-4) are in the mix for a first-round bye in the AFC playoffs, and the Redskins would have to wait until his window of availability during the postseason, under NFL rules, to interview him. He could not be hired until the Chiefs are eliminated.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Lets say somehow the Cowboys won a single playoff game on wildcard weekend...which would be a home game.

Could Jerry really fire him??

They have a losing record.  Lost to eagles last week.  They are in a one possession game against the redskins with a backup coach and backup players at many positions at home.  I think there is still a good chance he would get canned. 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We need a safety in free agency then...a ballhawking free safety, somehow some way.

When is Norman coming off the books? Our secondary moves have been poor lately, but you aren't wrong. Safety is going to be a hole and our best, cheapest bet with current resources is to build a defense that forces pressure and a secondary that capitalizes in the form of takeaways with their aggression. 

Kind of the opposite of a bend don't break, I imagine us being a little more boom or bust going forward. More 3 and outs with risky blitz packages. 

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Actually that helps, no? Coaches sometimes interview during the bye and line up a job, but that never happens when that coach has to play wildcard weekend. This is what happened when Kyle Shanahan got the 49ers job before the Falcons SB, right? He had already agreed to taking that job. 

I think there's some sort of rule.  I posted the article but I can't find it in the bylaws.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

This is where I read it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/28/bruce-allens-redskins-role-likely-changing-ron-rivera-marvin-lewis-among-coaching-candidates/

I may be reading it incorrectly but I do think it causes a delay even to interview

I don't want him. 

While it sounds like a reasonable request, ultimately, the credit for Patrick Mahomes belongs to Patrick Mahomes.

This release just make the KC Offensive Coordinator sound like a problem.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I thought they could interview during the wildcard week since they are off

2 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

I wish we had drafted derwin james instead of payne, tbh.

Isaiah Simmons is the bigger Derwin James of this draft class. He’s actually probably my favorite prospect for the Redskins. But Young, I feel, is too good to pass if available.

But Simmons fills a bunch of holes. Free safety, slot corner, inside backer.

You like Holcomb? Cool. Simmons will play FS. Reuben goes down again? Cool. Simmons will play LB. Oh, a TE is killing us? Cool. Simmons will shut his ass down.

Archived