Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Packers

TK

13 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Good for you to admit it

Oh my god you're thick as a brick 

Not sure what I would expect from someone who thinks the definition of "think for yourself" means "you have to agree with me" as you literally intimated in this very thread 

This team is just slow. The offense is slow to score points and get into a groove, the defense is the same, the coaches are slow to adjust. Just blow the whole thing up keep whoever the new guy decides, burn the ones he doesn't want. I really don't care at this point.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t understand why everyone is so fast to say the D sucks (which has several rookies/first year Skins on it) while making excuses for the O because of Haskins. Doesn’t make much sense to me to hold one more accountable than the other.

Are there people who think this offense is good? Other than having some young players to be excited about I mean, which is just like the offense. I guess maybe the guys who have a hard on for Callahan's absolute disdain for analytics or the modern NFL. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I don’t understand why everyone is so fast to say the D sucks (which has several rookies/first year Skins on it) while making excuses for the O because of Haskins. Doesn’t make much sense to me to hold one more accountable than the other.

The defense has gotten better.  It was bad.  Benching Norman did a lot, but they have gotten better overall.  This is what we expected to see game 1, that we are finally seeing now.

I will add that in the past I would say build for the future, but every time I think that I get disappointed the following season.

1 hour ago, TommyWilson said:

I know you're trying to be funny but almost no first rounder comes out and plays great, in fact I can't think of any.  Josh Allen, Darnold, Tannehill,  Lamar Jackson, the list goes on and on and on.  Even Peyton Manning went 3-13 his first year with very mediocre numbers, and he's an all time great.  So yeah take your little emoji away and you're absolutely correct 

There’s “plays great,” then there’s Haskins, whose only defense is “Look, he’s showing a few plays here and there that show maybe he’ll turn into a serviceable QB.”

Even with the comparatively rough early numbers from any of those guys, they didn’t look as clue-free as Haskins does. His mechanics look like someone who has never played the position before, not a first-round pick.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Are there people who think this offense is good? Other than having some young players to be excited about I mean, which is just like the offense. I guess maybe the guys who have a hard on for Callahan's absolute disdain for analytics or the modern NFL. 

I didn’t say they think the O is good. I said they make excuses for the O.

Just now, Simmsy said:

This team is just slow. The offense is slow to score points and get into a groove, the defense is the same, the coaches are slow to adjust. Just blow the whole thing up keep whoever the new guy decides, burn the ones he doesn't want. I really don't care at this point.

Yep. I have never seen a defense be so out of position to make tackles at the point of the catch as the 'Skins defense has been for what, going on 5 seasons now?  It's one thing to want to keep plays in front of you, but 15 yards in front of you?

13 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

The defense has gotten better.  It was bad.  Benching Norman did a lot, but they have gotten better overall.  This is what we expected to see game 1, that we are finally seeing now.

I will add that in the past I would say build for the future, but every time I think that I get disappointed the following season.

Imagine how good they would be with Gregg Williams or basically any other competent coordinator 

4 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

Oh my god you're thick as a brick 

Not sure what I would expect from someone who thinks the definition of "think for yourself" means "you have to agree with me" as you literally intimated in this very thread 

Dude i was being sarcastic but clearly I'm not the only one to see Haskins walking around fine and then goes to the limp. If you think he is hurt then fine but don't tell me he is absolutely hurt when I see something else as do others. I'm not intimidated in the least Tommy Wilson camp fodder

Archived