Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Packers

TK

5 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

the only reason for Haskins still playing is because he had a hell of a Thanksgiving dinner with the owner and he gets to decide what the coaching staff does with him; because the owner said so. Ladies and gentlemen, Dans new bff.

No way. This is classic old school tough guy coaching nonsense. Callahan is behind this easily.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Fine, then put Simms at wildcat and do it.

Haskins can't move, can't plant, and can't really do anything.  

We are down 8 in the 4th. I’d rather stick with what we are doing. Wildcat absolute last resort

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Keenum should have been in the game in the second quarter.

He's a dope.  

He actually, demonstrally is not good.

Not for the Skins this year.  Check the record and stats with him as a starter

Not with the Broncos, one year experience.

Maybe with the Vikings?

Just now, KDawg said:

The defense made adjustments and has been playing tough football since the first quarter. It’s too bad the offense can’t join in the party.

That's part of it.  The other part is that the Packers seem more interested in getting to their holiday parties than finishing this game. 

They are just off.  Rodgers has missed a bunch of throws he normally doesn't miss, including the last one.  

Just now, pico926 said:

We are down 8 in the 4th. I’d rather stick with what we are doing. Wildcat absolute last resort

I didn't bring up the wildcat.

I was being sarcastic.

Keenum should be playing.  

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's part of it.  The other part is that the Packers seem more interested in getting to their holiday parties than finishing this game. 

They are just off.  Rodgers has missed a bunch of throws he normally doesn't miss, including the last one.  

Whatever take away you make... Packers scored 14 in the first quarter and 3 since. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Don't agree, he has occasionally flown into a rage and fired everybody, and that's all we need from him right now. An achievable step one. But yeah it gets messy after that. 

You’re right actually about that. I guess we need him to do that, but actually make smart choices in moving forward. Let’s cross our fingers that he does and has some sense about how to do it right.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Rodgers missed a 50 yard handoff.  

Don't see that very often.  

Between that throw and the one down the left sideline to Graham in the first half, that's two easy TDs he's overthrown. I remember when Rodgers was otherwordly.

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

He actually, demonstrally is not good.

Not for the Skins this year.  Check the record and stats with him as a starter

Not with the Broncos, one year experience.

Maybe with the Vikings?

What’s that matter if the other guy can’t get to a mesh?

20 minutes ago, Catatonic said:

Maybe Haskins isn't his guy, and this is his way of getting rid of him. 

Could be, I would bet on it because I think its the same reason we havent seen Thompson much.  Hes more "fancy" and less "hard nosed" and so doesnt hit the Callahan style of being good at 1980's football.

No matter what anyone thinks of Haskins, just seems criminal to have a head coach not thinking of more than few games down the road, and how to develop and protect their players.  Especially considering what literally happened with RG3 just a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, Blue Ridger said:

Wouldn't shock me if Haskins was exaggerating his injury to either: use it as an excuse for poor play or, if he leads a miracle comeback he gets the gutsy 'warrior hero' narrative. Lebron does the same thing.

Ah yes some body else who can think for themselves. You're spot on. You might upset some Haskins is it fans though

4 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Ah yes some body else who can think for themselves. You're spot on. You might upset some Haskins is it fans though

Haskins sucks. He still has a sprained ankle in the reality we are all unfortunately sharing.

Archived