Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Josh Norman a healthy scratch!

wtfskins

19 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

active but rotting on the bench most of the game. Not even sure he played a snap out there today.

He was out on special teams for a lions FG. He literally just stood there and didn’t move.  The video is pretty funny.  Literally didn’t move.  

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

He was out on special teams for a lions FG. He literally just stood there and didn’t move.  The video is pretty funny.  Literally didn’t move.  

That's in BHRBN :)

Lots of players don't care much on XP. That happens all the time. But video is funny nonetheless.

6 hours ago, wtfskins said:

So who else should the Redskins sit to get playing time for players that will be here next year?  

Is it possible to correct the thread title please? For whatever reason, you have typed "scratch" when (correct me if I'm wrong) it should read "Josh Norman is a healthy scrub"?

3 hours ago, Gallen5862 said:

Coach Callahan said that Josh Norman chose to be active. He said he gave Josh Norman the choice of being inactive.

Strange.  This is one reason Callahan shouldn't be a HC.  You don't let the players call the shots.  As a NFL HC you say who's active and inactive.

13 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Is there anyone you want to see off this team more than Norman?

* other than Bruce of course.  

Trent, Alex Smith, then Reed, in that order for different reasons. 

Think this rough estimate of our top 10 cap hits this year:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/

Alex Smith - 20

Norman - 14

Kerrigan - 14

Scherrf- 13 (I want to stay)

Reed - 9

Richardson - 7

Moses - 7

Davis - 6

Dunbar- 4 (i want to stay)

CT - 4

Collins - 4 (i want to stay)

Trent -3 

I'd like to here a reason from anyone why the people I didnt personally say I wanted to stay shouldnt be released this offseason.  How much worse can we get with any of them off the roster if it gives us some cap relief.  I'd start the rebuild with nuclear explosion

Kerrigan has to be gone after this season.  For his health & to get a look at younger players it might be a good idea to shut him down for the season.  He makes the occasional sack or big play,  but then is pretty much of a liability for the rest of the game.  Also - if he still wants to play it might be in his best interest to play elsewhere where the big play mentality might be an asset for a true contender.

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

Strange.  This is one reason Callahan shouldn't be a HC.  You don't let the players call the shots.  As a NFL HC you say who's active and inactive.

I disagree. We as fans can be all up in arms with “Norman sucks” but Callahan is showing a veteran guy some measure of respect as a man. It’s not like Norman quit on the team, which would be one thing. So Callahan signaled to Norman, and other vets, a bit of respect in allowing him to be part of the decision. Players will see and remember that. In the long run, that helps the team more than having the 53rd guy active for one game instead of the benched veteran. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

I disagree. We as fans can be all up in arms with “Norman sucks” but Callahan is showing a veteran guy some measure of respect as a man. It’s not like Norman quit on the team, which would be one thing. So Callahan signaled to Norman, and other vets, a bit of respect in allowing him to be part of the decision. Players will see and remember that. In the long run, that helps the team more than having the 53rd guy active for one game instead of the benched veteran. 

Wow its very rare to see a post from you..good stuff man..I agree with you with what happened 

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Disagree.  They had no obligation to keep him active.  A borderline STer would have given this play or two his all, in hopes of making a play, or flashing on film.  Instead we get this:

I wonder if his contract had any escalators for being active?  

17 minutes ago, megared said:

Disagree.  They had no obligation to keep him active.  A borderline STer would have given this play or two his all, in hopes of making a play, or flashing on film.  Instead we get this:

Josh Norman has right side coverage for any fake or breakdown.  His key is the wing guy on his side.  That guy immediately falls back to block.  Norman did his job.  Same with Shaun Dion Hamilton, #51 on the other side.

25 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Josh Norman has right side coverage for any fake or breakdown.  His key is the wing guy on his side.  That guy immediately falls back to block.  Norman did his job.  Same with Shaun Dion Hamilton, #51 on the other side.

Let's not forget that Norman played his way into being useless on the field.  I'm hoping he isn't collecting more of a check for that abysmal effort on STs. 

The team doesn't owe him that.

In fact, they should be looking at STs guys that may be of use after this season.  

15 minutes ago, megared said:

Let's not forget that Norman played his way into being useless on the field.  I'm hoping he isn't collecting more of a check for that abysmal effort on STs. 

The team doesn't owe him that.

In fact, they should be looking at STs guys that may be of use after this season.  

I'm not arguing about Norman's overall performance this year.  Whether because of age or injuries, clearly it's down.  It never seemed to be from lack of effort, which is why I countered the charge that the extra point reflected lack of effort.

Also I'm arguing that the notion that Callahan consulting with him about being inactive is some kind of travesty.  I made my argument earlier.  BTW, players on the 53 man roster get paid even if they are declared inactive. 

1 hour ago, megared said:

Concur and besides it is inconsistent with Redskins culture to show any respect for their veteran players.  Callahan better get with the program and start crapping on soon to be departed players.

12 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I'm not arguing about Norman's overall performance this year.  Whether because of age or injuries, clearly it's down.  It never seemed to be from lack of effort, which is why I countered the charge that the extra point reflected lack of effort.

Also I'm arguing that the notion that Callahan consulting with him about being inactive is some kind of travesty.  I made my argument earlier.  BTW, players on the 53 man roster get paid even if they are declared inactive. 

He could have incentives based upon being on the active roster (theoretically tied to him being available/healthy).  *Just checked* he has a $31,250/game bonus.

And maybe the team feels they owe him that, but not if he's going to literally not move on ST plays.  

Appears he was a healthy scratch again today.

But Moreau seems to have won that job anyway.

The future looks good with Moreau, Moreland, Dunbar at corner.

Just found this...

According to Pro Football Focus, Josh Norman is 109 out of 110 cornerbacks in passer rating allowed (156.3). He's allowed 12 receptions on 16 targets for 215 yards and three touchdowns this season. In 2015, Norman's final year in Carolina, he was tops in the NFL with a 58.1 passer rating allowed. 

He's gone from 1st, to 109th.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived