Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

TK

Despite there being a plethora of "excuses" people will use... Tied at halftime vs the only undefeated team in the NFC is a WIN. 

Gruden may noy have been THE problem... But he was A problem, and NOT the solution.

Ugly game, but that is good- and Im happy to see it. Keep feedin AP and Smallwood. We need SOME creativity, but not try to get to cute bs.. With Kase being a statue im ok with a hand off to PRich and let gim air it out to McScorchin! Didnt Prich play qb in HS? Or was that Crowder?

Keenum is trash. So is Mosses

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I won't get into the overall argument but I think he's just what this team needed right now. Nothing really more than that. I like his press conferences, his practices, his personnel moves, and the games since. Not much to go on and I know he has stains on his rsume from Oakland, but I like this team with Cal. 

He was in Oakland for 2 years.  1 SB appearance and one horrible season.

he didn’t do well at Nebraska.  

I always wondered why he did get another coordinator opportunity.  When he popped up as an OL coach, that actually surprised me.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Currently in New Orleans so game isn’t on here. 0-0 at halftime? Da ****? Is the rain making both teams sloppy? Wow 😂😂😂

Very. 53 passing yards combined, with 10 of them from Jimmy G. 145 yards combined rushing. Callahan said he wanted a strong run game, today is the day he shows it.

Everyone on the OL should be our backups except Sherff. Rouller is OK and Flowers may get there but the Skins need to draft LT and RT and dominating Center so these guys can be nice backups if injury occurs. But that is what they are Backups. Rouller and Flowers might be starting material if they improve. But the bookends have to be replaced.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

He was in Oakland for 2 years.  1 SB appearance and one horrible season.

he didn’t do well at Nebraska.  

I always wondered why he did get another coordinator opportunity.  When he popped up as an OL coach, that actually surprised me.

Same here. So many get multiple opportunities, and he didn't. Not saying he was my top choice but I like playing hard nosed football

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Currently in New Orleans so game isn’t on here. 0-0 at halftime? Da ****? Is the rain making both teams sloppy? Wow 😂😂😂

Looks pretty bad out there, puddles everywhere. Both teams are gonna have a tough time moving it through the air. AP had a damn good opening drive. Almost 50 yards on that drive alone. We missed the FG, though.

11 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

i tell you what.....lets see if you still see a "definite difference' in this defense when weather is not a factor and they play minnesota this coming thursday.....THEN tell me all about this defense please///

So I am not going to get into how illogical your assessments are  - weather is a factor for both teams - which lends itself to a defensive matchup.  It is dead even that is the point. Both defenses are playing very well.  

But on another point, your not a fan of this team and I have no idea why you are on this board.   Except to troll.   I am beginning to think Haskins stole your girlfriend or something the way you are towards him with 1/2 of one game of NFL football under his belt.

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

Same here. So many get multiple opportunities, and he didn't. Not saying he was my top choice but I like playing hard nosed football

I thought he didn’t want it. He seemed happy as an OL coach in Dallas and i thought I remembered reading that he wasn’t really interested in a HC or even a DC position.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

If you remember that Raiders SB season, he let Rich Gannon throw it all over the field.  I’m fact, wasn’t Gannon NFL MVP that year?

Hard nose football, but he’s not opposed to throwing it, or at least he wasn’t back then.  

Archived