Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not Watching This Weekend...

Veryoldschool

6 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Not going to tune in and watch it this week.  I may record the game in case I want to watch it later but maybe not, now that I think more about it why bother if there are some good plays I can see them on Youtube or something.   Maybe I'll play golf, go biking, visit with the grandkids or take the wife out to a winery of something I don't know yet but I'm off the reservation as far as the Skins are concerned this weekend, apathy has arrived in week 6.

Lol...all that ran through my head while reading all that was picturing Will Ferrell in Old School when he's at the party telling his friends what him and his wife is going to be doing the next day

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I think the girl who was bartending last night and is a jets fan kinda opened my eyes a little on tanking. 

She asked me about the skins and I said at this point I don't even want them to win.

She said I do,  I always want the jets to win because they'll just screw the draft pick up anyway so I might as well get to see them win.

I was like damn your right how sad and how true at the same time.

This is the debate I had in the tailgate.  Successful franchises are successful not just from getting high draft picks, but surrounding those high draft picks with means to be as successful as possible.  

The Wizards had three top 3 picks at the same time and never got to ECF.  Thunder had three future HOF at the same time and never won a championship.  How many number 1 overall picks have we seen go bust in any sport that's it's obvious high picks by itself isnt enough?

I've paid for Sunday Ticket for the last time and I'll make some effort to get my money's worth but the game will be on in the background for the most part.  But I've spent my last dollar on the Redskins while those 2 clowns are at the top and I seriously hope the locals feel the same way.  It's time to shun them.  Seriously shun them.  Their under the microscope,  the league has to be paying attention and Fedex Field needs to look like a wasteland!

I'm actually the opposite and I'm really looking forward to watching games again going forward now we're Gruden free. 

I'm under no illusions it might have to get worse before it gets better. But I'm at least expecting a culture shift in work ethic and professionalism on the field which is a positive starting point from where we've consistently been. 

Hail. 

I have no doubt that the Skins will win this weekend. After a coach is fired (mid-season) the players tend to get nervous and play better trying to prove it was not their fault.

As for whether this game will be watched by the fan base? I would say that about 40% will tune in off and on, and about 20% will watch the entire game. Even Dolphin fans are tuning out. The TV ratings on this one will be in the tank.

Dolphins have a chance to be at least 'in it' over their next 4 games after being freshly off a bye week (Bills will crush them but Steelers have no QB and Jets are terrible, too).... We have the chance to win maybe this weekend, and thats it. Our hopes for #1 overall are still there.

Bengals have been close in some of their games at least. Jets will win a few with Darnold back

Are you kidding?  This is gonna be great.  I hope we lose by like 30 points 

And yeah, not every thought needs to be a thread, but it's really revealing when long term fans are straight up bailing out with no parachute midseason.  It's certainly a more relevant thought than anything that numb skull Bruce Allen manages to blurt out on national television 

Gruden wasn't the solution but he wasn't really the problem either.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I'm actually the opposite and I'm really looking forward to watching games again going forward now we're Gruden free. 

I'm under no illusions it might have to get worse before it gets better. But I'm at least expecting a culture shift in work ethic and professionalism on the field which is a positive starting point from where we've consistently been. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

Hope that means we see you around here more, GHH. Your contributions have been missed. I wasn't aware it was Gruden-led teams that had sapped your enthusiasm so in recent years. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hope that means we see you around here more, GHH. Your contributions have been missed. I wasn't aware it was Gruden-led teams that had sapped your enthusiasm so in recent years. 

Thanks man. Appreciated. Feelings mutual. 

I'll endeavour to contribute my musings more in the Stadium again. 

It wasn't solely him. We all know the major problem within this organisation. And the infighting and side taking on the boards through it all I just couldn't be arsed with. But Gruden was a MAJOR part in the product on the field being so fundamentally poor that it just got to be a real chore to even watch them yanno?

I can only speak personally but binning him has reinvigorated me this week to at least want to watch my team again. And it not be something that had become a mere force of habit. If I even bothered at all. Which has rarely been there fot a good while now. 

So to that end, the past few days have been great in rediscovering those feelings. 

Hail. 

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I'm definitely watching. No real reason not to. I'm just not very excited about it...more like curious. If by some miracle they look prepared and disciplined and the run game actually works and halftime adjustments that work are made, well I'm not sure how I'll react lol.

Yeah, maybe I should record it after all in the unlikely event something freakish like this occurs, witnessing an aberration like this is akin seeing Haley's Comet, clearly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

27 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I'll be watching. If I can survive the Norval years, I can survive this. It should be a little interesting (sort of) in what plays Callahan has drawn up for the offense. Hope he threw out Grudens 3 and out playbook.

I don't think he threw out the 3 and out playbook, in fact, I think we are going to be treated with an exhibition of the run, run, run then punt section of the book.

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

I think the girl who was bartending last night and is a jets fan kinda opened my eyes a little on tanking. 

She asked me about the skins and I said at this point I don't even want them to win.

She said I do,  I always want the jets to win because they'll just screw the draft pick up anyway so I might as well get to see them win.

I was like damn your right how sad and how true at the same time.

Are you being funny trying to call me out? I've been saying that same damn thing for years now! really!?!?some Jets chick fan has got you persuaded now!?!?

It seems like Callahan is trying to address some issues. Regardless of how bad Miami is and how much they try to tank, I want to see if we improve on penalties. 

Curious to see how KOC calls the game as well. Not expecting a improvement here since it's his first time doing it, but still a curious to see if it's any different.

Archived