Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not Watching This Weekend...

Veryoldschool

20 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I stopped watching the redskins years ago with the intent of watching a competitive game. 

I watch now mostly for the comedic failure that is the redskins. 

The tank bowl will be full of it. 

So just curious than... what's your response then when the Skins have a decent game and they play good on all three phases and really dominate the other team and they look like a good football team at least one game or two games.. what do you do?

Its really weird...….I was out of the DC area for a good chunk of the glory years, but have been back since late 1988. Tried to somehow procure tickets to a game per season at RFK before it closed.  However, when the bottom fell out during Richie's season, don't know whether it was due to my being in my mid 20s and having other interests, but probably through the first few Norv seasons, did not feel that compelled to absolutely watch games.

Then FedEx was built and opened up opportunities for more people to get season tickets. So I don't know if its been actually going to a lot of the games here since 1997, but I find myself almost compelled to devote three hours during a fall weekend to watching the team...….and this is even during the past dozen or so years where my die hard fandom concerning the team has waned considerably. You all know that we've had plenty of those 3-7 win seasons in the past decade which have added up to a ton of mid-to-late season games that have been absolutely meaningless.

But yet I've still watched all of them. So why would I stop now?

Archived