Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not Watching This Weekend...

Veryoldschool

Not going to tune in and watch it this week.  I may record the game in case I want to watch it later but maybe not, now that I think more about it why bother if there are some good plays I can see them on Youtube or something.   Maybe I'll play golf, go biking, visit with the grandkids or take the wife out to a winery of something I don't know yet but I'm off the reservation as far as the Skins are concerned this weekend, apathy has arrived in week 6.

14 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

If they win this week, I’m back to being in on Bruce Allen.

If that's all it takes you were never off of being in on Bruce Allen.  I'd imagine it's been real tough here for you over the past few days.  I actually thought to myself, man - I can't wait to see HardcoreZorn defend this presser.  Nowhere to be found though.

I know in the emotion of losing, everyone acted like this team was going 0-16.  But my god, they are playing in a stadium where you can hear a whisper, against a team that management has strategically constructed to lose every game.  Sure, the players don't want to lose, so they aren't going to just lay down after kickoff.  But this Redskins team should kick their ass even with Jim Zorn rocking the headset.

The real statement should be: If they lose this week, I'm going to see a shrink to identify what it is that makes me defend this heap of flaming garbage.

I won't miss it.  I want to watch the terrible tanking Dolphins out class this classless organization and hopefully hear the broadcast team mock, criticise and Shame Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen endlessly.  It is my hope that the camera crew are able to find them in their luxury box and zoom into their little sleezy faces and hopefully catch them in the act of picking their nose.

Im all in for this house burning down and hitting rock bottom this season in hopes that some way some how real change happens.  I know it won't but thats what Im telling myself for now.

24 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm still going to watch, I'm not going to stop unless there was an organized protest to drop the tv ratings.

It could be worse, I paid good money months ago to actually be there.   I was feeling a bit snarky on the predictions thread and predicted the Dolphins win days back.  But absorbing all the South Florida media in a heavy way this week, I am getting the picture that the Dolphins would be lucky to beat a decent college team let alone the Redskins.  Though some of their sports writers think the Dolphins could win because they have this image that the Redskins are equally pathetic.

But as bad as the season has gone, it hasn't been this bad:

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If that's all it takes you were never off of being in on Bruce Allen.  I'd imagine it's been real tough here for you over the past few days.  I actually thought to myself, man - I can't wait to see HardcoreZorn defend this presser.  Nowhere to be found though.

I know in the emotion of losing, everyone acted like this team was going 0-16.  But my god, they are playing in a stadium where you can hear a whisper, against a team that management has strategically constructed to lose every game.  Sure, the players don't want to lose, so they aren't going to just lay down after kickoff.  But this Redskins team should kick their ass even with Jim Zorn rocking the headset.

The real statement should be: If they lose this week, I'm going to see a shrink to identify what it is that makes me defend this heap of flaming garbage.

Its a joke man. I’ve applauded some of what Bruce has done, and I do believe there’s nice little core here to work with. You and SIP and TSO in particular, mistook my comparative approach as an indicator for my 😍 for Bruce, in reality, my combative nature was due to this board’s seemingly desire to be “right” on everything in an effort to push an agenda. It’s all you’ve ever done on here. Whether it was acting like Kirk was a slam dunk awesome QB worth backing up the brinks truck for (wrong), acting like Alex provided no value (clearly wrong), acting like Jay shouldn’t be judged cause of how hamstrung he is (come on dude, he’s had some opportunities and fell on his face plenty himself). You don’t come off as a fan to me, I’m sorry you just don’t. Everything you argue is to be right about Bruce without thinking about the context, situation, and what’s actually happening. I will never forget reading this board when we were 6-3 and wondering what the hell I was missing. Wow, 6-3 (no matter how ugly) would feel so good right about now. 

Im not going to defend the architect of a team where the wheels are coming off the bus. I will go to bat for the architect of a team that had its team with a two game division lead in November. I won’t go to bat for a horror of a press conference (the other day). I will go to bat if the media totally blows a press conference out of the water (Bruce basically saying he hopes Kirk remains a Redskin for a lifetime and the ball’s in his court). The only thing I really disagreed with from that PC was the fact he included the “highest guarantees ever comment” or something along those lines. The premise of alerting the fan base though that Kirk isn’t really playing partner I found nothing wrong with, especially when the fan base clamors for visibility. How ironic. 

You see? I let results and occurrences shape my opinions. I mean this is an abomination of a season, and Bruce is the head architect. Congrats you saw it coming and I didn’t? Is that what will make you feel better? 

Im tickled to death you think of me all the time, I’ve actually been so slammed at work I havent had a breather until today to comment on the board. I’m even more tickled though that you are able to bask on your victory parade around the board. Congrats BFS, you should march on knowing that Bruce Allen’s tenure came to a fiery crashing burn. Enjoy rooting for losses the rest of the year, I’ll still be pulling for my boys. 

@Skinsinparadise that's gotta be tough as a road fam because you only get so many opportunities for them to come to your neck of the woods.  I wouldnt consider an organized protest at another teams stadium, that feels like it would backfire.

In regards to tv ratings, I would only be specific to DC ratings.  The number of people watching the Redskins games in the DC market is already less the other teams, seeing it drop through the floor might change the conversation.

I think the girl who was bartending last night and is a jets fan kinda opened my eyes a little on tanking. 

She asked me about the skins and I said at this point I don't even want them to win.

She said I do,  I always want the jets to win because they'll just screw the draft pick up anyway so I might as well get to see them win.

I was like damn your right how sad and how true at the same time.

57 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

in reality, my combative nature was due to this board’s seemingly desire to be “right” on everything in an effort to push an agenda.

I refuse to respond to what follows all this because i don't think anyone cares to rehash old arguments.  But in your typical fashion, you like to word things in a manner that make you "right".  Most everyone sees right through that and I hope nobody takes you to task for your convenient wordplay and recollection of events, because it will never end.  What makes your obsession with who is right so laughable is that nobody on this board is vying to be a general manager or own a football team.  Most of us don't even really know each other in real life.  While it appears that 'being right' among a sea of screen names means a great deal to you, I don't think many of us 'agenda pushers' feel the same.  The Redskins failure doesn't pay my bills or convince my wife that I should get to play golf every weekend, so I'm not sure how 'being right' about their failure in any way benefits me.

You have the audacity to say you won't defend that horror of a press conference or the guy in charge of a team with the wheels coming off the bus...

That press conference was a horror because he had to talk about the state of the organization he's in charge of.  That horror of a press conference wasn't just about right now, it was about the sum of his entire tenure with the Redskins.  That horrendous press conference was just the sum of the parts we've been raging about for years that you always find reasons to defend and/or point the finger at the media or fans as the problem.

The team with the wheels coming off the bus is pretty much the same damn team it's been for the past few years that you so righteously defend.  So no, you don't get to just waffle on where you've been all along in that there is a good culture here, the structure of the FO isn't a problem, that Bruce overall is doing a good job, and yadda yadda yadda.  

57 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Im tickled to death you think of me all the time, I’ve actually been so slammed at work I havent had a breather until today to comment on the board. I’m even more tickled though that you are able to bask on your victory parade around the board. Congrats BFS, you should march on knowing that Bruce Allen’s tenure came to a fiery crashing burn. Enjoy rooting for losses the rest of the year, I’ll still be pulling for my boys. 

You are correct in that there are maybe 3 or 4 total members of this whole board that I do think of when it comes to sadly defending the stooges that run this organization.  Unfortunately, there is no victory parade because that loser is still employed by his loser boss and I don't seen an end in sight.  But should there ever be a victory parade, don't forget to wear your reflective gear so we don't run you over.

Archived