Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I find it amusing that so many not in the building every day, from some talking heads, to players and fans, who don’t see what Dwayne was doing in practice can conclusively know that he was benched way too soon....that Dwayne was “done wrong.”  They assume that he was putting in the work to get better.  

Maybe the coaching staff could see from his preparation and attitude that it wasn’t going to happen and that’s why they pulled him.  He could play the whole season.  Every single game, but if he wasn’t going to put enough work in to improve beyond the 3 hours on Sunday (I’m talking about film study) than it wouldn’t make any difference how many starts he gets.  The games are won and lost on preparation and work ethic, not on hoping for a miracle on Sunday.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Haven’t heard a Laverneus Coles reference in a long time!! 😆 

He was a great Redskin and deserved better!

1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

I find it amusing that so many not in the building every day, from some talking heads, to players and fans, who don’t see what Dwayne was doing in practice can conclusively know that he was benched way too soon....that Dwayne was “done wrong.”  They assume that he was putting in the work to get better.  

Maybe the coaching staff could see from his preparation and attitude that it wasn’t going to happen and that’s why they pulled him.  He could play the whole season.  Every single game, but if he wasn’t going to put enough work in to improve beyond the 3 hours on Sunday (I’m talking about film study) than it wouldn’t make any difference how many starts he gets.  The games are won and lost on preparation and work ethic, not on hoping for a miracle on Sunday.

I trust the guy who took away the ping pong table.

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I don't understand this take I see two open recievers 

3rd & 10.  Balt defenders are camping out by the 1st down marker (35 YL).  There's no way any of the checkdown options (two you identified) have the 1st with 4 Balt defenders right there.  Instead of giving him predetermined reads, there's really nowhere for him to go on a 3 step drop.  

Kind of hard to say he's staring down targets if they're all within his field of vision...there's no looking off receivers or faking the defense if everyone in a route is in the same general area.  And even if the pass is completed...the defense is in the same general area.

Terrible play design...

As far as the social media stuff goes, it's just really immature, and doesn't reflect well on him. If Dwayne wants to start again, either for this team or another one, it's best to just be quiet, be a good teammate, and not rock the boat. I understand his frustration, but he needs to think about his future. The way he handles his demotion will play a part in any future opportunities he might have. 

GMs don't like divas, especially the kind that has yet to accomplish anything. 

3 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Rumor on social media is that "Simba" is now unfollowing all WFT social media accounts.  If true, he is literally becoming a caricature of himself

If he is really doing this stuff out of anger, then he is kind of making himself into a meme.  I can imagine him reading the story about him being more interested in social media than watching film... and it makes him so mad he spends his night unfollowing people on social media.

2 minutes ago, wtfskins said:

I only see one the check down he can’t throw to the guy behind the check down cause the checkdown is in the way. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

well they are criss crossing the second receiver is running   - a frame or two later would look different with the reciever moving towards the lower side line where there is no one defending thw zone. Also if the back catches that, gets one block and makes a man miss its a big play, or 7 yards if he just catches and falls down. 

I can't comment on the other 8 plays he is mentioning. On this one I don't see the issue

29 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

To put a finer point on this, Ron said explicitly in his presser that he had not seen the *growth* from Dwayne that he was expecting.

So there it is. You take over a new team, you got a raw, young QB with physical tools who needs a lot of work to improve on his mechanics and decision-making. Unfortunately, he doesn't get a full off-season. You give him the full confidence of the organization. You watch how he handles himself during the week, in practice, in the meeting rooms, on his own time. You don't see the growth you want to see, you don't see the work habits that lead to growth, you don't have the confidence that he'll do what's necessary to improve. Others in the locker room notice the same thing. So what do you do? 

I thought we wanted Ron to enforce accountability and build culture.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Isn't the league discouraging that stuff ?

See Mahomes last week.

No, Brady shook nearly every Chargers players’ hand last week. 

Other players were shaking hands after this game too. Foles was clearly looking around for Brady. 

8 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

well they are criss crossing the second receiver is running   - a frame or two later would look different with the reciever moving towards the lower side line where there is no one defending thw zone. Also if the back catches that, gets one block and makes a man miss its a big play, or 7 yards if he just catches and falls down. 

I can't comment on the other 8 plays he is mentioning. On this one I don't see the issue

I yep...Spacing is off but our first rd. QB needs to make a play. stuff is open for sure. Back shoulder throw to guy at bottom as another example. 

I have long felt that regardless of how well he played or not, he had a long ways to go in the maturity department. He was apparently told repeated times that he had to improve and he didn't put in the work. Finally, he was told he had to improve or lose his starting job and he apparently handled it like a 5 yr old. The first flag for me about lack of maturity was at the end of the WFT - Panthers game when he ran up into the stands to take selfies with fans before the game had ended.

The other red flag for me was his purchase of a $250,000 plus Bentley when he first got here. Obviously, he can spend his own money however he wants but to me, he's got to back up that contract with his play and he hasn't been doing that. His receivers, coaches and OL didn't throw those interceptions in Cleveland for example.

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/redskins-dwayne-haskins-new-bentley-red-flag-eric-bickel-sports-junkies

May 13, 2019

"It just harkens me back to the RGIII era of the slogans and the logos," EB said. "It just gives you that feeling that this kid thinks he's already arrived, and he hasn't even completed one NFL hand-off yet, let alone throwing a pass, let alone complete a touchdown, won an NFL game. He's done nothing!"

"I just think it's a red flag because it makes it seem like you think you've already made it, when in fact the real trials and tribulations are about to begin. You haven't done anything yet!"

"I know I sound like a fuddy-duddy, but it's just a little bit of a red flag. Let's complete a pass, let's win a game in the league before we go out and buy maybe the most ostentatious car you could possibly imagine."

Good lord, someone was going after Haskins for the car he bought with his (large) rookie signing bonus, way back last May when he first got here? That’s the type of person that makes anyone with a legitimate gripe look bad. 

1 hour ago, skinbuck said:

Undrafted coming out of college. Was buried on the practice squad. Switched schools. Was benched in college.

That’s the pedigree of the latest WFT starter. Please don’t hold your breath. Pedigree matters

Now I don’t think KA is the answer, but he did win his first five starts in the NFL, looked better than Dwayne ever did at times, and was a higher ranked prospect than Dwayne in HS.

Ah, who am I kidding? It will just be a different type of dumpster fire. 

12 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Like I said earlier, why does "evaluation" only mean evaluating Haskins? Why not Allen? Why not any position. Four games... essentially a preseason... Haskins doesn't have it by anything measurable or immeasurable. Period. Maybe sitting and watching will help him. Up to Haskins now. When you have the opportunity to actually make a little noise, why not? Trying to win games is not mutually exclusive to building the team. I'm sure he's regretting his timeouts, especially now. Hopefully Rivera has learned from that. Hopefully Haskins will also learn.

He has used more than just wins and losses to explain the decision he and Turner said it was only fair to other players to try someone else. That's code. That means there's discontent in the locker room and players are grumbling.

Basically. 

Doesn't have the support of the team. Probably not the first in and the last out. Doesn't know the offense inside and out. 

If Allen sucks as much as Haskins, it's Trevor Lawrence FTW. 

He’s the kind that requires constant external pressure to stay motivated. Even Urban made that clear, and knocked him on leadership and competitiveness vis-a-vis Burrow. Very uncommon for a college coach to say anything remotely negative about their players, since it’s all about wooing future recruits 

He had that pressure from Rivera during the off-season, and it showed. But once anointed the starter, the pressure was off and he slipped back to his take-no-stress ways. His comments after the Cleveland game indicated as much (“my God, it’s not that I’ve arrived or anything”)

unless he changes that aspect of his personality he’s not going to be in the league long

Archived