Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously, I like Haskins coming in earlier and leaving later, but does that lend credence to the 'rumors' that wasn't the case until now?  That's not something Bill had to make mention of but did.

Hmm...

I wonder how it works in the NFL world in regards to a rookie back up or a back up vet as it relates to time spent at the facilities. My guess is the starting QB in the majority of situations is the “hardest” worker on most teams, due to the time and work having meaning to that individual (internal motivation). 

For example, did Aaron Rodger’s commitment increase when given the starting job after backing up Favre for 3 years?? Or any back up taking over the reigns, you know? No way an individual’s behavior and intrinsic value of a situation wouldn’t change when receiving a new opportunity. Now, there must be individual meaning for the motivation to last, as external motivation is fleeting. 

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously, I like Haskins coming in earlier and leaving later, but does that lend credence to the 'rumors' that wasn't the case until now?

I think you’re reaching here. There’s always gonna be rumors swirling when somebody isn’t playing and everyone wants to know why. Let’s give the kid some room to breathe before we slap him with the ‘lazy’ tag.

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously, I like Haskins coming in earlier and leaving later, but does that lend credence to the 'rumors' that wasn't the case until now?  That's not something Bill had to make mention of but did.

Definitely smells that way...to the point that makes you wonder if Bill was the one leaking that info in the first place. I do believe someone had come up with past connections to Lombardi being Callahan, Horton and Ryan. Seems like the defensive guys wouldn't be spilling their guts about the QB to me...

I’ll tell ya what... Callahan is seemingly pretty ****ing smart. Major step or not, by telling all of us that he basically silences a lot of the talk of “Dwayne must be terrible if he’s not playing” for at least a few weeks.

It also gives him a big jolt of confidence if he has to start/play.

Doesnt matter if it’s true or not. It’s a great play and it’s good for Callahan AND Haskins. Hats off.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’ll tell ya what... Callahan is seemingly pretty ****ing smart. Major step or not, by telling all of us that he basically silences a lot of the talk of “Dwayne must be terrible if he’s not playing” for at least a few weeks.

Doesnt matter if it’s true or not. It’s a great play and it’s good for Callahan AND Haskins. Hats off.

Sounds like he’s patting himself between the pack pockets. Cringe-worthy.

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think you’re reaching here. There’s always gonna be rumors swirling when somebody isn’t playing and everyone wants to know why. Let’s give the kid some room to breathe before we slap him with the ‘lazy’ tag.

I wasn’t applying any tags to him.  I just think he said that for one reason or another.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Savvy vet coach move for sure. That’s the first thing I thought. PR move and a good one. Wtf is this lol

So is Colt hurt or is Callahan pretty much turning the page on him as a QB?  Case is hurt I take it? So Haskins getting all the first team reps.  What is Colt currently doing in practice?

(Not that I want Colt to be the QB starting or anything, just wondering how Haskins went from a rookie that isn't ready to the official #2 QB in such a quick time)

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

It will, if we trade Dwayne to NE.

You know that is actually an excellent point.  Who is going to develop Haskins here?  I was listening to Gruden in an interview with ESPN and he made it very clear the kid has talent but is very raw.   

The whole thing appears messy and I feel for the kid now. I hope they do not screw him up.

16 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

You know that is actually an excellent point.  Who is going to develop Haskins here?  I was listening to Gruden in an interview with ESPN and he made it very clear the kid has talent but is very raw.   

The whole thing appears messy and I feel for the kid now. I hope they do not screw him up.

Just think Kirk Cousins. That should calm your feelings. Your welcome. 

Archived